By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Same Old Nintendo - KindaFunnyGames

irstupid said:

They haven't changed. KindaFunnyGames has. Be like dissing Cartoon Network for still showing cartoons and wondering why they don't air Game of Thrones. KindaFunny don't like cartoons anymore. Ok fine, change the channel. I still like me some cartoons, but I also watch HBO. I'm not gonna bash CN for not having mature content. I get my mature content elsewhere, always have.

Sometime I wonder if people acturally remember correctly Nintendo before wii.  They use to advertise about there specs and not only market games friendly to little children.

This was a actural Nintendo commerical during the N64 era (not kid friendly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fcid8H3bbo

Around the Network

Colin is right. Hes still got the switch preorder but as he kept thinking  he admitted to questioning why hes even investing in it.

Cyran said:
irstupid said:

They haven't changed. KindaFunnyGames has. Be like dissing Cartoon Network for still showing cartoons and wondering why they don't air Game of Thrones. KindaFunny don't like cartoons anymore. Ok fine, change the channel. I still like me some cartoons, but I also watch HBO. I'm not gonna bash CN for not having mature content. I get my mature content elsewhere, always have.

Sometime I wonder if people acturally remember correctly Nintendo before wii.  They use to advertise about there specs and not only market games friendly to little children.

Advertising the specs was prior to Gamecube. Conker's Bad Fur Day was actually Rare developed and published game, not Nintendo's, which would put it into same category with Madworld and other over the top violent games there were on Wii.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
Cyran said:

Advertising the specs was prior to Gamecube. Conker's Bad Fur Day was actually Rare developed and published game, not Nintendo's, which would put it into same category with Madworld and other over the top violent games there were on Wii.

True, I dont know how it works for commercial (do Nintendo get some say in what allowed when there company logo is used in the commercial) but my memory is the commercials that aired on tv for Madworld  was fairly tame in comparison.

They might not have advertised gamecube specs like they did for Snes/N64 but it was a powerful system in comparison to the competition.  It was not till wii that the trend of being signficantly lower specs started.

Cyran said:
bdbdbd said:

True, I dont know how it works for commercial (do Nintendo get some say in what allowed when there company logo is used in the commercial) but my memory is the commercials that aired on tv for Madworld  was fairly tame in comparison.

They might not have advertised gamecube specs like they did for Snes/N64 but it was a powerful system in comparison to the competition.  It was not till wii that the trend of being signficantly lower specs started.

Well, if the game is accepted by Nintedo on their system, you'd expect the game could be advertised. 

It was the real world performance Nintendo announced for the Gamecube, and they aren't giving out the specs these days, because it would not be good advertising because their recent systems have been much less powerful than competing systems.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Youtubers are mostly hacks. People who don't have enough talent to make it on TV, using self publishing to scam people into making them rich via ad revenue. The rise of the information age has it's ugly side and Youtubers are a part of that imo.

Stopped following KFG when Colin and Gregg went on a rant over the Pro with the silliest things. Colin is who he is but Gregg has put himself on a pedestal far too high. I'll give this a watch just to see how far they go off rails.

Fei-Hung said:
Stopped following KFG when Colin and Gregg went on a rant over the Pro with the silliest things. Colin is who he is but Gregg has put himself on a pedestal far too high. I'll give this a watch just to see how far they go off rails.

Take every single negative things you could come up with about the Switch, jump to every negative conclusions you can about everything else that hasn't been properly revealed or things we currently have no info or limited info, blow everything out of proportion, and it should give you a good idea of how Colin's video is like.

Cyran said:
irstupid said:

I remember those days. You should watch this video by review tech USA guy, he hits the nail on the head. 

https://youtu.be/RiC5EPRhOlk

Hynad said:
Fei-Hung said:

Take every single negative things you could come up with about the Switch, jump to every negative conclusions you can about everything else that hasn't been properly revealed or things we currently have no info or limited info, blow everything out of proportion, and it should give you a good idea of how Colin's video is like.

Wonder if Nintendo will black list them if he went all out.