By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Same Old Nintendo - KindaFunnyGames

Stopped following KFG when Colin and Gregg went on a rant over the Pro with the silliest things. Colin is who he is but Gregg has put himself on a pedestal far too high. I'll give this a watch just to see how far they go off rails.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
Stopped following KFG when Colin and Gregg went on a rant over the Pro with the silliest things. Colin is who he is but Gregg has put himself on a pedestal far too high. I'll give this a watch just to see how far they go off rails.

Take every single negative things you could come up with about the Switch, jump to every negative conclusions you can about everything else that hasn't been properly revealed or things we currently have no info or limited info, blow everything out of proportion, and it should give you a good idea of how Colin's video is like.

Cyran said:
irstupid said:

They haven't changed. KindaFunnyGames has. Be like dissing Cartoon Network for still showing cartoons and wondering why they don't air Game of Thrones. KindaFunny don't like cartoons anymore. Ok fine, change the channel. I still like me some cartoons, but I also watch HBO. I'm not gonna bash CN for not having mature content. I get my mature content elsewhere, always have.

Sometime I wonder if people acturally remember correctly Nintendo before wii.  They use to advertise about there specs and not only market games friendly to little children.

This was a actural Nintendo commerical during the N64 era (not kid friendly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fcid8H3bbo

I remember those days. You should watch this video by review tech USA guy, he hits the nail on the head. 

https://youtu.be/RiC5EPRhOlk

Hynad said:
Fei-Hung said:

Take every single negative things you could come up with about the Switch, jump to every negative conclusions you can about everything else that hasn't been properly revealed or things we currently have no info or limited info, blow everything out of proportion, and it should give you a good idea of how Colin's video is like.

Wonder if Nintendo will black list them if he went all out. 

pray4mojo said:

Youtubers are mostly hacks. People who don't have enough talent to make it on TV, using self publishing to scam people into making them rich via ad revenue. The rise of the information age has it's ugly side and Youtubers are a part of that imo.

He's a gaming journalist who used to work for IGN. Highly esteemed to boot of younger generation. He preordered the switch and did the math and realized what he wanted out ofnintendo is... well... too much to ask. He was a Nintendo apologist and finally another has seen the light and called Nintendo out for what they are. They are talented but ignorant.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
pray4mojo said:

Youtubers are mostly hacks. People who don't have enough talent to make it on TV, using self publishing to scam people into making them rich via ad revenue. The rise of the information age has it's ugly side and Youtubers are a part of that imo.

He's a gaming journalist who used to work for IGN. Highly esteemed to boot of younger generation. He preordered the switch and did the math and realized what he wanted out ofnintendo is... well... too much to ask. He was a Nintendo apologist and finally another has seen the light and called Nintendo out for what they are. They are talented but ignorant.

He was never a Nintendo apologist. He only claims to have been one when he was 10 years old.

Here in the UK a lot of prices have fallen for Switch games before launch and the console now has a value bundle from Game. All indications are that many people have cancelled orders with perhaps some of them being scalpers. I don't know about elsewhere but this looks almost certain to have a worse launch than wii u. It could be a brexit effect of people being more conservative with their money or due to the fact the launch is after Christmas rather than before but at this point it looks like something that is going to fail for sure. The reasons for this has been discussed already but it does look like this is happening in the uk.

You only have to look at old wii u sales threads to see how over optimistic VGchartz users were. The average expected figure was 40 million with some claiming up to 150 million and no one dared to say a figure as low as 14-15 million.

Also since the Switch official announcement there seems much more interest in buying a wii u for the new Zelda, people who really want to play it but don't want a Switch.

Again a UK perspective but in fairness a market where Xbox does very well and is close behind Playstation.

Also there is a price shock to the Switch, sterling isn't as valuable as it once was so Switch pricing is surprising high for games and this is a huge turn-off actually being a lot more expensive than ps4 and xbone games. As you can imagine for a very weak format technically like Switch this is highly negative. £50 can buy you up to 5 discounted ps4 or xbone older but graphically amazing games compared to 1 Switch game like Bomberman.

I don't think anyone should be surprised if the Switch fails it doesn't take a genius to work out quite honestly. You only have to look at what its competing with and their price level. It's a high risk product which is obvious to anyone. It doesn't mean it can't carve out a small slice of the gaming industry but something like lifetime sales of 8-15 million should be on the table unless new much reduced pricing or a new sku comes in.

Fei-Hung said:
Cyran said:

Sometime I wonder if people acturally remember correctly Nintendo before wii.  They use to advertise about there specs and not only market games friendly to little children.

This was a actural Nintendo commerical during the N64 era (not kid friendly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fcid8H3bbo

I remember those days. You should watch this video by review tech USA guy, he hits the nail on the head. 

https://youtu.be/RiC5EPRhOlk

After watching that video, I subscribed to his channel. He was so dead on it wasn't funny.

Hynad said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He was never a Nintendo apologist. He only claims to have been one when he was 10 years old.

That isn't true. I don't get why people always act that anyone who is upset at Nintendo today has always hated them.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

So most of his points seemed to focus on a perceived lack of games but I just don't see it. The Switch will have a very steady stream of games in the coming months and a decent number of games have been revealed since last week. I think Nintendo consciously decided to push some releases back. March will see four games that don't launch on the first day, April will have Mario Kart, Shovel Knight and Lego City.

Contrary to what people think "complete editions" of games (with all DLC and no need for further patches) are a very good value. I'll definitely pick up Shovel Knight, Fast:RMX and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and heck the Wii U only sold 14m units worldwide. There are hardly any people who can play Zelda or Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U so for 90% of potential customers out there this is a great lineup. And all those games will be portable. That's a huge plus in my eyes.

Nintendo did a bad job convincing core gamers that its lineup will be good but the Switch will get a huge number of first party games and already has very solid Japanese support. Also, it will be the platform to go to for all Japanese 3DS and Vita developers because they are not going to make their games for dead consoles or the relatively small but expensive to develop for PS4 install base in Japan.