By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sad to not see wii sports on the switch

okr said:
Mnementh said:

Probably too late.

Too late? Do you think the system will flop?

Dunno, but it would definitely do better with a Switch Sports from the launch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Azuren said:
I've always found Wii Sports to be a painfully casual-pandering franchise. I'm glad to see it go, and I wish "1, 2, Switch" would have not been a thing.

Well, there are a lot of platforms that don't bother you with shit like Sports and 1-2-switch.

What gamers are some people if they wish for less games? As if the existence of a game they dislike would hurt them?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I think they should make gameshow out 1 2 Switch.

Azuren said:
I've always found Wii Sports to be a painfully casual-pandering franchise. I'm glad to see it go, and I wish "1, 2, Switch" would have not been a thing.

Wii sports was a game that quite a few had a lot of fun with, gamers or not. Why you think it's nice that the people who enjoyed it shouldn't get any follow ups is beyond me

It will probably come eventually, it will also probably have little/no impact on Switch sales, the same way Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club and Wii Party U all did jack all for the Wii U and Brain Training and Nintendogs did nothing for the 3DS, or even Kinect Sports for XBox One. 

People played these ideas to death a decade ago already Nintendo, come up with something new. 

Unfortunately that something "new" is 1, 2 Switch, which looks fucking terrible though, it makes Wii Sports look like Skyrim (instead of an actual ping pong mini game, you *imagine* a ping pong table in front of you .... lol). 

No wonder mobile has really eaten the consoles lunch on casual games ... there's waaaaaay more casual centric games on mobile and it's honestly not hard at all to find things a lot more interesting than "1,2 Switch" for free. Nintendo hasn't had a really great new casual idea in ages. Vitality Sensor flamed out, Wii Music was a dud even at the height of the Wii craze, Nintendo Land crashed and burned under the pressure of selling the Wii U, etc. etc. 

If I wanted to do a "party night" with casual friends and they want a "lets play something that makes us all look silly!", there are multiple free or $0.99-$1.99 games on iOS/Android like Heads Up (which Ellen Degenres pushes on her show all the time). I could download one of those ... or pay $50 for 1,2 Switch and another $300 for the hardware to play it .... c'mon Nintendo. Who really is choosing that option. 

Around the Network

I think we can see Wii Sports as a port or VC

Resort didn't do well so Nintendo went with these mini games instead :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]