By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sad to not see wii sports on the switch

JRPGfan said:
IsawYoshi said:

To be fair I think 1,2 switch could be quite fun with friends and alcohol. x)

Its not as easy as it looks either:

The IR sensor appears to be able to sense not only rock, paper and scissors, but also when a vegan is trying to play the meat eating game :O

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Louie said:

Yeah, Wii Sports would have been amazing. Nintendo is literally the only company in the world to put on ice one of the highest selling gaming brands worldwide - twice! First they did it with Super Mario Bros. and then with Wii Sports. It's like they are afraid of success or something.

Here's hope for Switch Sports at e3. I'd die for a new Wii Sports and all my friends asked if there'll be another title in the series.

It's like you said, there's still appeal for the game. Nintendo has many great party games, Mario Kart, Mario and Wii Party, maybe even splatoon in the future. Sad to see them drop the wii sports brand this much.

There definitely is! The thing people seem to miss about the Wii is that it was designed as a disruptive product. Disruptive products are "crappy products for crappy costumers". And the theory of disruption says you have to move upmarket with your product (get into more demanding market segemnts that are not as "crappy" and easy to satisfy). People mistakenly thought the Wii U was this product - but moving upmarket for Nintendo means making motion control good enough for the hardcore gamers. And that's exactly what the Switch has the potential to be: Splatoon is motion controlled e-sports and a competitve Switch Sports with online play would sell extremely well.

I bet we will get SwitchSports and SwitchFit at some point.

Yeah, it's kinda weird. The Switch seems to be made for motion games. I guess they wanted to avoid people thinking it's a peripheral for the Wii.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

okr said:

Probably too late.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
okr said:

Probably too late.

Too late? Do you think the system will flop?

we are going to see a sport game in the future, that's for sure. hopefully with great characters like Arms and not miis.

onionberry said:
we are going to see a sport game in the future, that's for sure. hopefully with great characters like Arms and not miis.

Yes! I want more sports games like this! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

onionberry said:

Oh yes, please. The Arms characters look great and I hate Miis with a passion since the day I bought a Wii.

I've always found Wii Sports to be a painfully casual-pandering franchise. I'm glad to see it go, and I wish "1, 2, Switch" would have not been a thing.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames