By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch 10 Day Countdown: Day 9 3DS Favorite Games!/Memories/etc?

Dravenet7 said:

Did I miss the wii edition? Ah well.

3DS was great. Wish I still had the thing. 

Ocarina of time 3DS

Starfox64 3DS

Kid Icarus Uprising

Dillon's Rolling Western

Sakura Samurai

KIU

Street Fighter IVKID ICARUS UPRISING

KID ICARUS UPRISING

KID ICARUS UPRISING

KID ICARUS UPRISING

Let me tell you about one the greatest games I have ever played. Its called Kid Icarus Uprising. If you have a 3DS, you need it in your life. If you don't have the 3DS, well guess what? You need to go and buy because you need Kid Icarus Uprising in your life. One of the verrrrrrrrry few games in my life that made me break and redfine my preoder games rule (wanted Kid Icarus 3D). The main game is so good. The multiplayer is soo good. The one, slow flaw that I can think of about this game is that there isn't more of it (Is what I said at chapter 9 LOL I was in for a surprise) This needed a Wii U port. The biggest letdown ever in that department. Do you know what this could have done for the system? Man, I love this game so much

Kid Icarus Uprising was awesome in practical every aspect. Sakurai made great games with Kirby and Smash Bros, but in my opinion KIU beats these games. It's his masterpiece. Everyone who hasn't played it yet, I can only say do so now!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Dravenet7 said:

Did I miss the wii edition? Ah well.

3DS was great. Wish I still had the thing. 

Ocarina of time 3DS

Starfox64 3DS

Kid Icarus Uprising

Dillon's Rolling Western

Sakura Samurai

KIU

Street Fighter IVKID ICARUS UPRISING

KID ICARUS UPRISING

KID ICARUS UPRISING

KID ICARUS UPRISING

Let me tell you about one the greatest games I have ever played. Its called Kid Icarus Uprising. If you have a 3DS, you need it in your life. If you don't have the 3DS, well guess what? You need to go and buy because you need Kid Icarus Uprising in your life. One of the verrrrrrrrry few games in my life that made me break and redfine my preoder games rule (wanted Kid Icarus 3D). The main game is so good. The multiplayer is soo good. The one, slow flaw that I can think of about this game is that there isn't more of it (Is what I said at chapter 9 LOL I was in for a surprise) This needed a Wii U port. The biggest letdown ever in that department. Do you know what this could have done for the system? Man, I love this game so much

Kid Icarus Uprising was awesome in practical every aspect. Sakurai made great games with Kirby and Smash Bros, but in my opinion KIU beats these games. It's his masterpiece. Everyone who hasn't played it yet, I can only say do so now!

Word the F**k up lmao.

It has a huge addicting multiplayer...

It has the best story out of every nintendo game (and its hilarious)

Best characters overall

Single player is top notch

Variety bro.

I played this game for so long. I really hope a remaster comes out for switch or a sequel. This was by far the biggest sales disappointment as this game should be as big as at least KH imo

Seeing the glasses-free 3D for the first time with Street Fighter 4 was a revelation, as was its use in SM3DL.

Fire Emblem Awakening's story connected with me in a way very few other games have. It is my most replayed game of the past 10 years.

Finally started dipping into Pokemon, though I started with a used copy of Heartgold. Gotta catch em all!

Pokemon Sun/Moon
Pokemon X/Y
Pokemon ORAS
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Fates
Monster Hunter 3U
Monster Hunter 4U
Monster Hunter Generations
Luigi's Mansion DM
M+L Dream Team
DQVII
DQVIII
Kid Icarus
OOT3D
MM3D
ALBW
Smash Bros
MK7
Hyrule Warriors 3D
SM3DL
Shin Megami Tensei IV
AC New Leaf

When the 3DS released I was fully back in Nintendo's camp due to Wii and DS, and I got it with the release of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. It's a great system, and I liked it even better than the DS. The best handheld since the GameBoy. The 3D effect is great, I use it every time. The system, though now showing it's age, was powerful enough to produce some beautiful games. It's user interface is the best Nintendo ever came up with. Naturally, the remakes Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D and Star Fox 64 3D are among my favorite games, and what I said for the N64 versions applies here. Besides those, my favorite games are;

Resident Evil: Revelations
Luigi's Mansion 2
Super Mario 3D Land

After Ocarina of Time 3D, I got both Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land simultaneously the following holiday period. Both amazing entries in their respective franchises. Mario Kart 7 took it a bit further even from it's DS predecessor and was basically like the Mario Kart games you'd find on console. Super Mario 3D Land was the one that surprised me most though. The game was the perfect blend of the 2D and 3D formulas of the series, and it was engaging from front to end. It created a third series of Mario platformers that I hope will continue. It also used the 3D effect splendidly, the added depth revealed secrets that would otherwise stay hidden on a 'flat' view. Also, I got a lot better at jumping correctly due to the 3D effect. It's easier to judge distances and angles. It even made it so that I got worse at platforming on non-3D screens!

Then a third party game released the following year in the form of Resident Evil: Revelations, which pushed the system's capabilities technically. It was the first game of which I downloaded the demo on 3DS, and it was also the only one I then bought, after playing said demo. Definitely not a disappointment, and it became one of my favorites. Also on 3DS came the long-awaited sequel to Luigi's Mansion and it expanded on everything that made the original so great. These games really gave the character Luigi the identity he needed. The 3D effect is best of all games here, and each new room looks like you're looking into a real-life diorama. Nintendo, I want the 3D effect to stay!

Around the Network

A Link Between Worlds might be my favorite game of all time.
The new entries in my favorite franchise, Pokémon, were great too (ORAS was a little less though).
I also liked Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fire Emblem Fates, Majora's Mask 3D...

Oh man, what a great console. Bought mine in a travel to Italy (I'm from Brazil) along with Ocarina of Time 3D (my first time ever playing ocarina of time). So many play sessions with Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon Y. A Link Between Worlds was incredible too. But my favorite game is Resident Evil Revelations. That was a true comeback to the roots of the series and the only game I played all the time with the 3D on.

And the first time turning on the system and watching the 3D being turned on was gorgeous.

Kid Icarus Uprising, MK7, 3D Land, Braverly Default, A Link Between Worlds, Luigi's Mansion 2. ALBW is probably the best one out of the bunch, I didn't expect it to be so good!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Fire emblem awakening was the first game of the franchise I played and it was amazing, even replayed it a couple of times which is something I don't usually do with rpg's.

Other games I loved:

Smash for 3DS

Project x Zone 2

Bravely Default

Moster Hunter 4

Persona Q

Fire Emblem Fates

Mario Kart 7

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Resident Evil Revelations
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Are my favorite games on the system that I have played so far (plus Ocarina of Time, if we count remasters). I could also add Fire Emblem Fates, I'm playing through Conquest at the moment. I already completed Birthright, which alone is good enough to be among my favorite games on the system. Conquest seems to be even better. And I expect much from Revelations as well. I did play Awakening, which I enjoyed, but it's weaker than Fates for sure.

Other games that I played include
Super Mario 3D Land (Very good)
Pokemon X (Decent, but kind of tedious, way too easy)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Better than people say and better than the original, but definitely too easy)
Kid Icarus Uprising (Nice script, but gameplay isn't too good)
Star Fox 64 3D (Good game)
Mario Kart 7 (Good game, but too little content)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (It's a good game, I just couldn't really get into it)
Super Smash Bros. 3DS (Was never a fan of the series, but have gotten more respect for it after I played this one)
Tetris Ultimate (It's great, because it's Tetris! I'm sure there are much better versions though)

I definitely need to play:
Shovel Knight
SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Heist
Bravely Default
Majora's Mask 3D
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
(Rest of Fire Emblem Fates, as mentioned)