By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's your favorite playstation console

Thing is, I was young when I had PS2, and so my interests were narrower.

Whereas on PS3 I played everything that I was interested in before moving to the new gen, with PS2, looking back now I missed out on so many games I would have played had I been older.

The Katamari games, Dark Cloud/Chronicle, even more obscure stuff like Killer 7 etc. Missed out on so many great games.

So I might say PS3, even though I think PS2 was a better system really. My BC PS3 died ages ago

Around the Network

Difficult to say. The PS1 has my top 2 favourite games of all time, but the PS2 and PS3 each have more games that I like. PSP has a lot of good games as well, but none that are among my favourites. Can't say much about PS4 yet since I've only had it for a few weeks now.

Maybe something like this: PS2 -> PS3 -> PS1 ->PSP, but the differences between the first three are so small that they could really be in any order.

I don't know. ^^
I had so many great memorable moments with the Playstation 1 but on the other hand Playstation 3 had the best game line-up from all. The Playstation 2 time was fantastic too.

Psx

That small machine produced some magic on my television screen. Nothing comes close.
Of course it was modded so I could play Xenogears and the likes.

I'd have to go with PS1, Square was still at its peak with great Final Fantasy titles and other games like Xenogears. There was Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu, Tekken, Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil 1-3, Tomb Raider games...

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

PS3 because of the game library

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

1. PS2
2. PSV
3. PS4
4. PS1
5. PS3
6. PSP

All fine systems, but PS2 rules them all.

PS3 > PS2 > PS1 tbh.

Although PS1 had the best JRPGs.

PS1 > PS2 > PS3 in JRPGs.

Tough question. Usually I'd go right to PS2, but I've been collecting a lot of PS1 games lately and starting to really warm up to that system.

But for now, I'd go...

4) PS3 - Probably the weakest of the generation, but still a nice machine with some great exclusives: Infamous, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, and Demon's Souls, which alone is worth the price of admission.

3) PS4 - This system has two problems. The first is that "AAA" third party multiplats, the PS4's bread and butter, are in decline. The second is that Sony's first party studios have been in decline since circa 2009. The Last Guardian is great, but it arrived three years into the system's lifespan and its director is no longer on the Sony payroll. Indies and third-party exclusives like Nier, Nioh, and Spider-Man look to save the day.

2) PS1 - Sony's first-party studios were still finding their footing, but third parties more than picked up the slack. PS1 hosted some all-time great games, including Metal Gear Solid, Symphony of the Night, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy VII.

1) PS2 - What makes PS2 so great is that it represents the height of Sony first-party software and, arguably, the height of third-party software. Sony scored with Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Killzone, and Jak and Daxter. Third parties scored with Ratchet & Clank, Grand Theft Auto, Devil May Cry, and Metal Gear Solid.

PS2 because it support PS1 games as well. PS3 and PS4 have both been disappointments. PS3 was a DLC mess, and PS4 seems to be a re-release mess with very few interesting games I can't play on PC. I think my biggest single problem with PS4 though is that it still doesn't support PS1 games, and at this point I'm not expecting it to ever receive that support either. Overall, I think PS3 and PS4 are good consoles though, I just don't think they're that great.