Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's your favorite playstation console

PS3: Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, The Last of Us.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

PS1, when Sony had to compete with Sega and Nintendo instead with Microsoft and PC

PS1 (My favorite Sony Console, and my 2nd favorite console)

PS1 >> PS2 >>>>>>> PS3 >>>>>>>>> PS4, though obviously still early for PS4

The PS1 library was just amazing. I was a teenager and into the Japanese stuff that bores me now, so I was all about FF, Vagrant Story, Lunar, Deception, etc. Plus so many other incredible games. MGS1, my all time favorite. GT2, so good. SF EX+, SotN, a lot.of franchises had their best entries on PS1 imho.

PS2..... backwards compatiblilty, dvd player, the most diverse library of games. Was my first console ever in 2007. Bought countless >$5 used games and built up a huge collection without even realizing it. Got the gta trilogy for $20 at walmart. Burnout 3, Ratchet&clank og, crash warped......the memories. PS4 is in a close second, could become first by the time the generation ends. Ratchet&Clank reboot and UC4 are pretty sick

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

PS4, PC gamer mostly throughout the other ones.

Haha! Too easy, PS1 is my favorite PlayStation console of all time because i love Spyro,, MGS, Silent Hill, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Nightmare Creatures, Kingsfield, Armored Core whatsoever takes too long time to type 100s of my PS1 games anyway, and that's all about it.

Steam ID: Quakecore89 / GOG: AMDFX89 / PSN: QuakeCore_89 / Xbox Live Tag: QuakeCore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PC: (Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 2080 Super/Crucial 250GB M.2(Boot) Kingston 1TB SSD(Storage))

princevenom said:

for me its ps1  

ps1 had a lot of great games   ff7  mgs  gt   resident evil  tekken silent hill  alundra crash bandicoot   and many more  

Pretty close between PS1 & PS2.

PS1: FF7/8, GT, Resident Evil 1/2, MGS, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider 1/2/3, Wipeout, Destruction Derby, Crash, Spyro, Riiiiidge Racer!

PS2: MGS2/3, FFX, GTA 3/VC/SA, GT3, God of War 1/2, Devil May Cry, Jak 3, Silent Hill 2, Okami, Shadow of Colossus.

PS3 also has some of my favorite games of all timee: MGS4, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 2.

My 8th gen collection

Easily the PS2. Not my favourite PS console though, just my favourite console full stop.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

mountaindewslave said:
weaveworld said:
Psx

That small machine produced some magic on my television screen. Nothing comes close.
Of course it was modded so I could play Xenogears and the likes.

why modded? Xenogears was a title on the PS1

I am not from America. Nor am I Japanese.