By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Switch model is expensive for us and cheap for Nintendo. Hardware and Software.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

As for releasing a $300-400 console that is on par with XBO/PS4 with a focus on recieving multiplats, sure Nintendo could do that but what would it gain them? The audience for AAA western multiplats simply is not on Nintendo and releasing a console on par with them halfway through their life cycles will not cause these people to move to Nintendo.

Because they literally don't try to. Sony didn't get where they are off of nothing, they got here for trying to accomadate with 3rd parties. Nintendo can make a comeback with third parties, anything is possible. They certainly have more money to push around than Sony.

History has shown that it is hard to steal another devices audience without them first making huge mistakes.

Playstation was able to steal 3rd parties and the audience for them because Nintendo & Sega both made really bad decisions with N64 & Saturn.

Xbox 360 was able to steal alot of 3rd party support and the audience for them from Sony because of the really bad decisions they made with PS3.

Like I said, its not that Nintendo cant make a console like that but its a huge risk. If they release a PS3/360 level handheld along with a PS4/XBO level console than their developement resources will be spread thin, far more than currently because thats two HD devices they have to support and if 3rd parties and the audience doesnt migrate than they are left in a worse spot than Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
CrazyGPU said:

Sorry Nintendo. You lost a Customer.

I believe you should have waited until January 12th to make your decision. Maybe they'll show us something good.

Can I ask you a favour, though? If you ever buy a Switch, can you come here and tell us that you didn't keep your word and that this thread was just a temper tantrum?

For us? For you that you mean? I am getting a nice piece of hw that i can play high calibre nintendo games and i can choose to play where i want.

And guess what? We don't need a separate thread with what you think about the specs of Switch just because you filled a big number of lines of pure bullshit and playstation propaganda. You could just leave as a regular post in the thread talking about this subject.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

We reap what we sow

Werix357 said:

Unfortunately the switch is about on par with the Wii U when it comes to performance, which I find dissapointing considering the Switch is being pushed by Nintendo as a home console. So in essence we're getting a new console four and half years after the release of Nintendo's last one but with very little in the way of technological advancements. Does this mean it won't succeed, no the Wii trod this path as well and came out a winner.

IMO I think Switch's price is going to determine it's success more than the games.

It is superior to the Wii U.
Where do you get the assumption the Switch is only as powerful as the Wii U?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ill still get the Switch because of the games, but I can understand people being disappointed with Nintendo.

Around the Network

Is this guy seriously saying 200$ would be overpriced for the Switch? Lmao

Have you seen good mobile and good tablet prices? a portable device like this (most powerful handheld ever), with detachable controllers and a dock that instantly switches the game to TV for 200$ would be crazy cheap, this is just complain for the sake of complain, and always comparing with the others which is sign of pure insecurity, don't compare portable tech with homeconsoles that can allow themself to be big, noisy, hot and heavy, Switch can't, because it has to work as a good portable console.

CrazyGPU said:

The only thing that remains from Nintendo is their creativity.

Well, sadly creativity is missing from most of the rest of the gaming industry. They are so fixated on pixels and polygons, that they forget about fun and creativity. Instead of more boring mainstream-games I would wish for more creative and interesting games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

CrazyGPU said:

[...]

Now Nintendo fan boys will tell me that that doesnt matter, the only thing that matter is games and that they dont care about better graphics, Then why aren´t they playing NES (1985) games? 

[...]

They are doing just that, haven't you heard about the crazy sales of the NES Classic Mini? =P

Also, I am playing NES games almost every day! Mega Man is just too good to let go, Just last weekend I finished StarTropics, right now I'm playing the Turtles trilogy... sorta, I don't play the first one, because I don't like it. But the Arcade Game is a blast and I have yet to discover Manhattan Project, as that never released here in europe. Got it cheap last week, looking forward to it! Not for one second did I care about them grfxx. I simply do not care as long as the game is fun. 

I do like the looks of some good old 16 Bits, playing Secret of Evermore at the moment and yes, it looks nice. But that's not mandatory, would the game be in 8 Bits, that would be fine too for me.

I really couldn't care less about the graphics and stuff, I just want the Switch for Nintendo games as I won't get those anywhere else. Look, I know for some people all that graphical bling-bling is very important and that's fine. There are more than enough options for you (I recommend PC), but why the hell do you expect every console to be the same? Live and let live. Let me have my fun with Nintendo consoles, why do you try so hard to convince me I could never have fun with the machine? I don't get it.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Jesus people. Why is every other thread on this site either proselytizing people to buy one piece of plastic or cajoling others to refuse to buy a different piece of plastic? Options are good, right? How can Sony fans who time after time celebrate diversity, pooh-pooh the Switch for going it's own way? How can console fans who argue for the supremacy of game design over PC graphics and mods criticize Switch for being underpowered? Finally how can everyone act as if all console manufacturers are altruistic but Nintendo, a company that under Iwata was frequently accused of focusing on game creation at the expense of revenue, is in it only for the profit margins?

The cognitive dissonance on this forum is overwhelming.

Hurt feelings everywhere because of these stats. =/

This is simply Nintendo giving their fans what they want / what they and parents are willing to pay for. The demand for a high spec Nintendo system doesn't exist. The fanbase doesn't care about raw power, so Nintendo in turn doesn't care. It's all about austerity and staying present in the marketplace so they can sell related merch for nice profits. I won't support this business model, but then again I haven't been a part of the fanbase since the N64.