Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729

I don't plan on ever taking Switch anywhere with me if I buy one, so in light of that I'd probably buy them on PS4.

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Bandorr said:

I am curious to see if any third party games incorporate amiibos into them for extra content. I assume not, but I can't rule out the possibility.

StarWars Battlefront amiibo incoming! And also how many people would double dip to be able to have and use Overwatch amiibo? MILLIONS.

COD dressed as Mario. Battlefield with a Yoshi mount.  Fifa as toad.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
vivster said:
superchunk said:

What data do you have to suggest anything you've claimed in this thread?

I love Nintedo, yet I've owned a PS3 and now Xbox One. If Nintendo doesn't ever get decent 3rd party support, certainly possible, I'll continue to own one of the other consoles as well.

I know no-one who owns only a Nintendo console for the entire gen and/or doesn't also play on PC.

I guess my assumptions are not mighty enough to go against your anectdotal evidence.

:) lol

As long as you agree.

superchunk said:
vivster said:

I guess my assumptions are not mighty enough to go against your anectdotal evidence.

As long as you agree.

I actually do have a thread showing what everyone on the site owns, and IIRC the largest number of "one brand only" gamers was Nintendo fans (though many of them were also/mostly PC gamers).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Soundwave said:
In the West no I don't think Switch is going to overnight become like the go-to place for franchises like GTAVI even if they could convince the publisher to make a port.

There's also likely to be still a graphics gap, like on Switch the games might be 720p ... whereas on PS4 they'd likely be 1080p (or higher on PS4 Pro). So I don't really see Switch being the defacto go to option.

In Japan though I think they could certainly become the lead platform because of the nature of the portable market and the fact that Nintendo portables sell better than anything else (Japan's 3 top selling game platforms are all Nintendo portables, not one Playstation will be left in the top 3, not even PS2).

I mean like I've stated in the past, I don't think that form factor is enough. I do think that Nintendo needs to create an identity where people expect to play multiplatform games on their system. That comes down to Western exclusives and multiplatform exclusive marketing deals. I do think that it can become an overnight go to place for those kinds of franchises, but I don't think that all it needs is the right form factor. Nintendo has a lot more work to do in that regard, and that has everything to do with software, Marketing, and branding.

Well, this is new.

Read.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
superchunk said:

As long as you agree.

I actually do have a thread showing what everyone on the site owns, and IIRC the largest number of "one brand only" gamers was Nintendo fans (though many of them were also/mostly PC gamers).

Can you link?

superchunk said:
Azuren said:

Can you link?

Sure thing 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211263&page=1

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

If the Switch is really weak I'll go for the multiplat alternative

some... if there is a reason to play it on the go... like jrpg... if they released ff15 the same time with ps4 then i would have definitely bought it on switch....

Switch. More versatility, and I like Nintendo more.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.