By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729
spemanig said:
StarOcean said:
If the Switch is really weak I'll go for the multiplat alternative

How weak is very weak for you?

If the difference between the Switch and PS4 is similar to that between the Wii and PS3

Around the Network

StarOcean said:
spemanig said:

How weak is very weak for you?

If the difference between the Switch and PS4 is similar to that between the Wii and PS3

Wasn't that the difference between the Wii U and PS4?

(that's a genuine question – I don't know)

I need to see a lot more of Switch before I even consider buying one. Nintendo fooled me with the Wii-U; not gonna happen again. Regardless, if I buy one, it'll probably be for it's exclusives only. I'm far too invested in PlayStation at this point to even consider anything else. Plus, Switch is sounding like it will barely compete with vanilla PS4 hardware, let alone PS4 Pro.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Switch, even if the performance wouldn't be as great as the other platforms. Why? I value portable above resolution, so it's a no-brainer for me.

Switch is portable AND connects to my 1080p projector in my basement, sorry PC I'll play you for technically advanced games that aren't on Switch but everything else will be on Switch.

Around the Network

It depends on the game.

Most franchises are already established on the PS4 / XBO / PC. That being said if there's a game that makes sense to be played on the go (RPGs), or a game that you want to play anytime (insert fave game), the yes a Switch version can and should be bought.

Nogamez said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Correct answer is anything but the switch. Nintendo has put themselves in a position of being a secondary in the console department if hey are a choice at all. With the Xbox and the PS4 getting upgraded consoles it just lessened their chances of any shot to get love from most as a multiplat platform of choice. Nintendos decision making forces them not to compete but to go around the competition.

So your saying according to you I cant buy skyrim or Assasiins Creed on Switch if they release? 

No. Most people who have the switch will look elsewhere to play multiplatform games. Nintendo even admitted that the Wii U  was a secondary console. I was talking about the overall outcome not the individual decision. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

If its a multiplat game that isnt gfx intensive i ll buy on xbox because its dead silent, if it is gfx intensive i' ll buy on pc if its not available on pc, i' ll buy on ps4 pro. I m only getting switch for exclusives.

Buying cassettes and CDs for your Hi-Fi instead of MP3s for your iPod.

Get with the times people.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Likely on PC, but I don't mind buying a one on the Switch if it's an good port

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke