By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729
superchunk said:
vivster said:

I guess my assumptions are not mighty enough to go against your anectdotal evidence.

:) lol

As long as you agree.

I actually do have a thread showing what everyone on the site owns, and IIRC the largest number of "one brand only" gamers was Nintendo fans (though many of them were also/mostly PC gamers).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
In the West no I don't think Switch is going to overnight become like the go-to place for franchises like GTAVI even if they could convince the publisher to make a port.

There's also likely to be still a graphics gap, like on Switch the games might be 720p ... whereas on PS4 they'd likely be 1080p (or higher on PS4 Pro). So I don't really see Switch being the defacto go to option.

In Japan though I think they could certainly become the lead platform because of the nature of the portable market and the fact that Nintendo portables sell better than anything else (Japan's 3 top selling game platforms are all Nintendo portables, not one Playstation will be left in the top 3, not even PS2).

I mean like I've stated in the past, I don't think that form factor is enough. I do think that Nintendo needs to create an identity where people expect to play multiplatform games on their system. That comes down to Western exclusives and multiplatform exclusive marketing deals. I do think that it can become an overnight go to place for those kinds of franchises, but I don't think that all it needs is the right form factor. Nintendo has a lot more work to do in that regard, and that has everything to do with software, Marketing, and branding.

Azuren said:
superchunk said:

:) lol

As long as you agree.

I actually do have a thread showing what everyone on the site owns, and IIRC the largest number of "one brand only" gamers was Nintendo fans (though many of them were also/mostly PC gamers).

Can you link?

superchunk said:
Azuren said:

Can you link?

Sure thing 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211263&page=1

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

If the Switch is really weak I'll go for the multiplat alternative

Around the Network

some... if there is a reason to play it on the go... like jrpg... if they released ff15 the same time with ps4 then i would have definitely bought it on switch....

Switch. More versatility, and I like Nintendo more.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bandorr said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

StarWars Battlefront amiibo incoming! And also how many people would double dip to be able to have and use Overwatch amiibo? MILLIONS.

COD dressed as Mario. Battlefield with a Yoshi mount.  Fifa as toad.

Please don't tease with such awesome amiibo ideas.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

StarOcean said:
If the Switch is really weak I'll go for the multiplat alternative

How weak is very weak for you?

PS4, already built a library these past 3 years. NX won't be as powerful as the PS4 nor have the online ecosystem like PSN. I will also play the indies on it for the convenience. Got Shovel Knight disc release on PS4 instead of Wii U.

The last time I bought multiplat titles on a Nintendo system was the Gamecube, many multiplat games were better than the PS2 counterparts.

Switch is just for Nintendo games for me.