Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729

If its a multiplat game that isnt gfx intensive i ll buy on xbox because its dead silent, if it is gfx intensive i' ll buy on pc if its not available on pc, i' ll buy on ps4 pro. I m only getting switch for exclusives.

Around the Network

Buying cassettes and CDs for your Hi-Fi instead of MP3s for your iPod.

Get with the times people.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Likely on PC, but I don't mind buying a one on the Switch if it's an good port

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nogamez said:

So your saying according to you I cant buy skyrim or Assasiins Creed on Switch if they release? 

No. Most people who have the switch will look elsewhere to play multiplatform games. Nintendo even admitted that the Wii U  was a secondary console. I was talking about the overall outcome not the individual decision. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This thread is specifically about VGC user preferences. Mainstream consumers have historically chosen convenience over power. All the Switch needs is to be powerful enough to run Gen 8 games at a mainstream-accepted clip. Don't underestimate the amount of people who will chose portability over graphical bells and whistles.

Well, this is new.

Read.

spemanig said:
archer9234 said:
Sure. As long as 100% identical. In graphics and features. I couldn't even buy Shovel Knight, on Wii U. Because crap was locked to Amiibo.

So only indies then? I don't think you'll see anything but that with "100% identical graphics." Switch versions will likely lie very comfortably at the bottom of the graphics spectrum.

Anything that is 100%. I just gave Shovel Knight as an example. Where they still didn't get it right. For example. If Teltale released complete disc releases on Wii U. I would of bought them. Since the PS4 etc. version are only season pass discs. And that's what I expect. So I won't bother buying the games, except on my PS4.

Around the Network

It really depends. I plan to use the Switch mainly as a handheld, so I would get games on the PS4 if:
- It's an online game, so no point in having mobility.
- It's pushing graphics and looks too good on PS4, so I would get the better looking version.
- Switch version has too low fps/resolution.

Honestly, that makes a case for getting most on PS4, but some are really more playable on a portable device. So I would say that 95% of my multiplats would still be on PS4, with the rest of them plus Nintendo exclusives on the Switch.

PS (off-topic).: I hate the name "Switch". It's terrible. Like, beyond terrible. I understand what it means, but it sounds ridiculously stupid. NX would have been much better and that's probably the first time that the final name of a console is worse than it's prototype name.

Ps4 or pc, doesn't make sense to buy multiplats on the least capable hardware, especially when pc versions will more than likely be significantly cheaper.

NATO said:

Ps4 or pc, doesn't make sense to buy multiplats on the least capable hardware, especially when pc versions will more than likely be significantly cheaper.

If you don't value portability, that's it.

Goodnightmoon said:
NATO said:

If you don't value portability, that's it.

If I did I could just use a NVIDIA shield tablet to both play steam games remotely and to play ps4 remotely.

Nintendo's gimmick/hook for Switch fails to hit the mark in offering alternative ways to play the same games so third party titles don't benefit from being on the switch beyond playing them on the go, which is possible on steam/ps4 for people that care to do so anyway.

torok said:

PS (off-topic).: I hate the name "Switch". It's terrible. Like, beyond terrible. I understand what it means, but it sounds ridiculously stupid. NX would have been much better and that's probably the first time that the final name of a console is worse than it's prototype name.

Switch is fine. NX is just nonsense letter's and would have never been a considered name for a successful consumer product.

Well, this is new.

Read.