By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto wants to put more energy into Star Fox, Pikmin

Miyamoto said:

“Yeah, I always wanted Fox McCloud to be a bit more popular than he is. But I think one more would be Pikmin. So I think these two, I’ll need to put some more energy into.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-wants-to-put-more-energy-into-star-fox-pikmin/

We already heard that Pikmin 4 will be Switches 1st year game so that isnt suprice, but it's interesting that Miyamoto plans to continue work on Star Fox.

Around the Network

F-Zero please

I dunno if that necessarily is a good thing though, Miyamoto for example forced Rare to put Star Fox characters into Star Fox Adventures (Dinosaur Planet) trying to do this.

Just make a freaking traditional, good Star Fox game. Add in squad-based multiplayer battles for more replay value. He wants to reinvent the wheel every time with Star Fox and it doesn't work.

Then stop getting developers who don't grasp your vision to make the games.

Let's not.

Around the Network

Dear Nintendoz:

Star Fox Switch

- No controller gimmick gameplay. Star Fox 64 controls.
- Nice Unreal Engine 4 style graphics n' effects
- Space battles, only a few ground type missions plz
- Funny/epic cartoon script with lots of good voice acting (see also: Kid Icarus Uprising)
- Great soundtrack. Some orchestral, some heavy metal, some blood pumping SNES style gaming tracks.
- Great bosses
- Big space set pieces
- 4-player squad based online battle mode, so don't worry about the main mode being a bit short.

= happy Star Fox fans.

Soundwave said:

I dunno if that necessarily is a good thing though, Miyamoto for example forced Rare to put Star Fox characters into Star Fox Adventures (Dinosaur Planet) trying to do this.

Just make a freaking traditional, good Star Fox game. Add in squad-based multiplayer battles for more replay value. He wants to reinvent the wheel every time with Star Fox and it doesn't work.

I don't think anybody was forcing anyone, it's more likely that both saw the use of Star Fox benefical for the game sales. Although, the game was actually pretty good, sans the enemies/fighting that were really monotonic.

Soundwave said:
Dear Nintendoz:

Star Fox Switch

- No controller gimmick gameplay. Star Fox 64 controls.
- Nice Unreal Engine 4 style graphics n' effects
- Space battles, only a few ground type missions plz
- Funny/epic cartoon script with lots of good voice acting (see also: Kid Icarus Uprising)
- Great soundtrack. Some orchestral, some heavy metal, some blood pumping SNES style gaming tracks.
- Great bosses
- Big space set pieces
- 4-player squad based online battle mode, so don't worry about the main mode being a bit short.

= happy Star Fox fans.

Well, it's more likely that out of those, were going to see cartoon script with more voice acting - pretty much what's cancer in the frachise. We're going to see Slippy a bigger whiner than ever and Peppy shooting his one liners on serial fire, while Falco's going to be even more insulting.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Tag

Just give us a Starfox game that plays like a hybrid of SF64 and the Rogue Squadron titles, and give us a variety of level / mission designs instead of just the basic on-rails arcade type stuff.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I don't think it's possible for Star Fox to be much more popular than it is right now.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---