By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto wants to put more energy into Star Fox, Pikmin

AZWification said:

I don't think it's possible for Star Fox to be much more popular than it is right now.

One great Starfox game will make Starfox more popular than its current of course.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

I don't think it's possible for Star Fox to be much more popular than it is right now.

One great Starfox game will make Starfox more popular than its current of course.

I guess it could help, but will Nintendo make a Star Fox that good?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Miyamotoo said:

I guess it could help, but will Nintendo make a Star Fox that good?

We cant know that..

AZWification said:

Its not, I mean the next game can sell far better than Zero but the market for air combat shooters is just not huge. 

Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

This is the truth.Nintendo has been bullshitting with the IP.

Around the Network

Miyamoto finally admitting that he half assed things, and that Nintendo doesn't do enough to push other IP and make them grow?

Is Nintendo finally getting their head out of their asses?

AZWification said:

I don't think it's possible for Star Fox to be LESS popular than it is right now.

And if he could do something for
-F Zero
-Metroid
-1080°
-Eternal Darkness
-Wave Race
-Punch out

And generally, just make more new IP that aren't just cutsy. It would be neat. I still think that the void left by Rare hasn't been been filled properly. We need more games like conker/Perfect Dark/goldeneye/Jet Force Gemini, let's take care of that.

Well this is great to hear, other developers would completely bury those franchises on the ground looking at sales alone (Pikmin sells relatively "ok" but the franchise is not growing), so is very nice to know he wants to put more energy on them instead.

Mix in some Star Fox 64, the best of Star Fox Assault, and a drop of Star Fox Zero and you've got yourself the recipe to the most successful Star Fox in over a decade. That's what I want to see on the Switch, make it happen Nintendo.