By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto wants to put more energy into Star Fox, Pikmin

AZWification said:

I don't think it's possible for Star Fox to be much more popular than it is right now.

They messed up the last one.... yes its possible to be more popular than it is now.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

I don't think it's possible for Star Fox to be much more popular than it is right now.

I'm pretty sure if they had released SFZ without the tablet controls holding the whole game back it would have been more popular by far.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Please no motion controls.

I'm fine with OPTIONAL gyro tho.

Soundwave said:

I dunno if that necessarily is a good thing though, Miyamoto for example forced Rare to put Star Fox characters into Star Fox Adventures (Dinosaur Planet) trying to do this.

Just make a freaking traditional, good Star Fox game. Add in squad-based multiplayer battles for more replay value. He wants to reinvent the wheel every time with Star Fox and it doesn't work.

time to move on from the 90s.

Star Fox Adventures was evolution in the righ direction. They just need to get the balance right between enw and old and story. 

OR try to put SOME effort in Metroid.

Seriously you've spent milions on SFZ and didn't even put an online mode when it's a game about space fights...

Around the Network

Starfox:
Ya know, I thought the anime they did earlier this year was pretty good. It's appealing IP, but $60 or even $30 rail-shooter game that only lasts 2-3 hours has a very finite amount of appeal. I think they'd honestly do better making Star Fox a mobile game - that kind of gameplay really suits a mobile device better. Do a TV series and then attempt another Star Fox adventures type thing.

Pikmin:
It seems to be going well. Pikmin 3 ended up selling rather good. Honestly - the name holds it a
back though. To the general public it sounds too much like Pokemon- so it's hard to differentiate.

LMAO about the F-zero and Metroid shade.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Cobretti2 said:
Soundwave said:

I dunno if that necessarily is a good thing though, Miyamoto for example forced Rare to put Star Fox characters into Star Fox Adventures (Dinosaur Planet) trying to do this.

Just make a freaking traditional, good Star Fox game. Add in squad-based multiplayer battles for more replay value. He wants to reinvent the wheel every time with Star Fox and it doesn't work.

time to move on from the 90s.

Star Fox Adventures was evolution in the righ direction. They just need to get the balance right between enw and old and story. 

Star Fox Adventures was an abomination that started this 15-year freefall that the franchise is in. I never again want to play a game that says "Star Fox" on the box, but the protagonist  spends 95 percent of his time standing on two feet.

Ganoncrotch said:
AZWification said:

I'm pretty sure if they had released SFZ without the tablet controls holding the whole game back it would have been more popular by far.

Perhaps, but not by much. On-rail shooters simply aren't very popular nowadays.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

please, stay away from starfox. it hurt the child in me to see what has become of the series... just please... stay away Miyamoto.

Please let someone else do Star Fox.