By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will convince you to buy a Switch?

If the switch meets the majority of your expectations, will you buy it!

Day one for sure! 177 35.83%

Not day one, but close to release 81 16.40%

Maybe the first year, maybe not 103 20.85%

I'm never getting it! Down with nintendo! 70 14.17%

I'm not sure yet 63 12.75%

Total:494

I'll probably pick one up during the first holiday season, when I see a good deal.

Around the Network

Steam support :D

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Pokemon, all I need

I was already convinced with that reveal trailer. I don't really need anything else, I guess...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'll wait for a home console version that isn't a tablet with controller nubs. Some day they will make a regular home console version. I'll patiently wait for that day.

Around the Network

It depends on the price here in Brazil. The WIIU had a ok price, around 450 USDollars. Which is oke for Brazil. If the Switch retails around that I will probably get it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Exclusives to begin with and not just WiiU ports.

Most of all, à réal ambitious Mario 3D, so closer to sunshine /64 with big place with a lot of secrets allowing you to go in big worlds, thats what was the original Mario 3D and whzt it should still be. If they have that day one, ill buy it day one, if thzy never have that, i wont buy it for more than 100 + à game , i already wasted too much in WiiU

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

shikamaru317 said:

Give me a good price point like $250, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, some good Japanese 3rd party support, an achievement system, and proper multiplayer functionality, and I'll buy one for sure.

Sounds like my checklist exactly - replacing Pokemon with Metroid, of course ;)

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Though i could also buy it day one for an ambitious Pokémon 3D ( like not like thé one on 3DS, à really ambitious home console one )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

WagnerPaiva said:
It depends on the price here in Brazil. The WIIU had a ok price, around 450 USDollars. Which is oke for Brazil. If the Switch retails around that I will probably get it.

Would you mind telling us the PS4's and Xbox1's release price for comparison?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.