By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will convince you to buy a Switch?

If the switch meets the majority of your expectations, will you buy it!

Day one for sure! 177 35.83%

Not day one, but close to release 81 16.40%

Maybe the first year, maybe not 103 20.85%

I'm never getting it! Down with nintendo! 70 14.17%

I'm not sure yet 63 12.75%

Total:494
hershel_layton said:
WagnerPaiva said:

The Xbox One was around 700 dollars and the PS4 was 1500 dollars. But both drop a lot afterwards. Nowdays a Xbox One is 500 dollars and the PS4 is around 600.

why was the ps4 1500...?

no way import taxes makes it more than twice the price of an Xbox 1

it actually sounds about right. import taxes and duties alone will come close to doubling the price.

Edit: think about 60% of that price was tax alone for import of foreign goods.

Around the Network

I'm so hyped about this console Can't wait for it! I hope Nintendo knocks it out of the park with it

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Is it a Nintendo system? (Yes)

Does it have Nintendo games on it? (Yes)

Sold. Simple as that. You guys agonize way too much over this stuff, even assuming only a 4 year life cycle $250/4 years = $1.25/week.

$300/4 years = $1.44/week.

Oh noez. $1.25 buys you what? Like one whole McDonalds cheeseburger a week? Live a little.

In hindsight I regret not buying every Nintendo hardware, even the 64DD and Virtual Boy. They are well worth the price as collectibles alone. I own every other major Nintendo hardware from the NES onwards. NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, GameCube, DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U. 

I need color variation.

Soundwave said:

Is it a Nintendo system? (Yes)

Does it have Nintendo games on it? (Yes)

Sold. Simple as that. You guys agonize way too much over this stuff, even assuming only a 4 year life cycle $250/4 years = $1.25/week.

$300/4 years = $1.44/week.

Oh noez. $1.25 buys you what? Like one whole McDonalds cheeseburger a week? Live a little.

In hindsight I regret not buying every Nintendo hardware, even the 64DD and Virtual Boy. They are well worth the price as collectibles alone. I own every other major Nintendo hardware from the NES onwards. NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, GameCube, DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U. 

QFT

I'm already sold, I'll be getting one when they become readily available. 

Around the Network

Day 1. It's Nintendo. Next gen Mario. Do I need to say more? We're getting Mario kart, smash bros., Zelda, super Mario and more. That's enough for me.

Jrpgs and new IPs

I will wait at least till 2019, before that, whatever they do I won't buy it.
The console needs good sales numbers, higher then 3ds and after 2 years third party developers still need to support it. Games like Overwatch, The elder Scrolls, Red Dead Redemption and Mass effect need to be on it.

If I can play games like that on the go and get pokémon and stuff from nintendo, I will buy it. If they once again made something that is undesirable to third parties even tough I like Nintendo games I think its better if I decide not to buy it because maybe they will do better with their next console.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I will buy the Switch when it will have a good enough library of games, nothing more and nothing less.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

They'll still need to sell the entire concept to me and show that the dock does anything at all useful, otherwise I'll just wait a couple years until there's either a different SKU or it's cheap. The games aren't very convincing as of yet and it'll obviously need great games, because all I've seen are ports of games I already own or didn't want in the first place. And Zelda of course, which is good but I can already play that on hardware I already own, so it'smore of a bonus. Really the only thing they showed in it's favor is that it'll have 3D Mario.