By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will convince you to buy a Switch?

If the switch meets the majority of your expectations, will you buy it!

Day one for sure! 177 35.83%

Not day one, but close to release 81 16.40%

Maybe the first year, maybe not 103 20.85%

I'm never getting it! Down with nintendo! 70 14.17%

I'm not sure yet 63 12.75%

Total:494

If it's priced at $250, I may end up buying the first one I can get my hands on even though there aren't any launch games that I know of that I feel compelled to play.

That's if I can find one at retail price, assuming a $250 MSRP, which is likely to sell extremely well.

If they port Zelda to it, that would be my Day 1 game to play. If not, I'm sure there will be at least one game that I would want to play on it.

Around the Network

I'm going to add that playing the waiting game with consoles (buying in the 2nd or 3rd year of release) may become a trend that no longer pays dividends unless the new trend of releasing spec upgraded consoles continues as mid-cycle product refreshes.

Most recent example is the PS4 I paid $399 for back in 2013, which is only a whopping $100 cheaper three years later. That has been the only console I've been using for the better part of those 3 years meaning, I've already milked that console for enough entertainment value that it's already paid itself off.

If I had bought one three years after release, I would have been paying the same $399, only I would be playing a back catalog of games (most of which were picked up through the PS4 PSN Store discounted) on improved PS4 Pro hardware.

You run the risk that a console will tank (also pre-ordered a PSV which saw less than 2 years actual use), but I really don't see the point in waiting past the first year of release to pick up a console, even if it's not going to be your main gaming device.

Let's see:

+Time: I'm not going to get it at launch or near that. I need to see how it does in both sales and games before deciding if I'll purchase it.

+Less than 200 €.

+Try it to see if the buttons are comfortable or, like the seem to be from the videos, are handheld like and too small for me. If they aren't comfortable, I'll need a  bundle with the new Pro controller.

+Enough new (aka. no Wii U or other Nintendo consoles ports) games.

+A proper Metroid. I don't care if it's 2D like Super Metroid, FPA like the Prime series or an adventure game in third person.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nintendo games

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Planning to get it around May, hopefully after some of the inevitable dud manufactured units have been sold. What may get me to buy one earlier depends on whether both Mario AND Skyrim are launch titles, and if there's some sort of achievement/trophy system.

Around the Network

I'll be waiting for the eventual second model with better battery life and more features, as per usual with Nintendo handhelds.

I don't understand people's waiting for 250 dollars... Switch is a powerful portable... With spécial pad...
What was the price of Vita at starting ?

I need to see if all those guys putting out 3DS games, start supporting the Switch.
Also need to see if the new Mario really is a collectathon style one or not.

Gonna try and wait a year.

For me, it would have to be a parallel universe, where the properties and offerings of the Switch and the PS4 have switched places completely.

curl-6 said:

- No more game droughts
- No more delays
- More ambitious first party games
- More first party games that aren't E-rated cartoons
- A ground-up HD Monster Hunter game
- A new Zelda in the style of the 2011 tech demo, out before 2021

Then you not buying it. :D   Today every second game on market is getting delayed, delay is very common thing for games, so hoping there will not be delays on Switch is very irrational.