By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will convince you to buy a Switch?

If the switch meets the majority of your expectations, will you buy it!

Day one for sure! 177 35.83%

Not day one, but close to release 81 16.40%

Maybe the first year, maybe not 103 20.85%

I'm never getting it! Down with nintendo! 70 14.17%

I'm not sure yet 63 12.75%

Total:494

I believe this thread is quite simple. Name features/games that will make you go out and buy a Switch. Doesn't have to be must-have. Can be things you'd simply appreciate to see.

Personal example:

-Nintendo games such as mario, pokemon, zelda, animal crossing, metroid, etc

-New IP's

-Better 3rd party support

-$250-$299 price launch

-4+ hour battery life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

I will buy the Switch if it has Nintendo exclusives. If not, forget it!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

What would make me buy it?

+If it's in a shop near me

What might make me not get it....

-Razorblades hidden in the hand grips
-Battery just as explosive as Samsungs latest
-They revise the unit to run all games from UMD disk during the Jan feature reveal.
-It takes 6 AA batteries and lasts for 30mins

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The Switch will be the first Nintendo console that I'll buy Day 1. I'm so excited for it based on Zelda alone. I also am really excited about that new 3D Mario. The idea of taking your games everywhere you go seamlessly is just so mind blowing for me.

Of course Switch needs games but due to its nature of being a handheld and a console, Switch will get more than its fair share of games based off their handheld support alone. I mean if Square, Level 5, Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, Sega are on board, I'm already sold.

110% 5+ hour battery as well as a good lineup of gamez

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
What would make me buy it?

+If it's in a shop near me

What might make me not get it....

-Razorblades hidden in the hand grips
-Battery just as explosive as Samsungs latest
-They revise the unit to run all games from UMD disk during the Jan feature reveal.
-It takes 6 AA batteries and lasts for 30mins

(Nintendo frantically runs to the store to buy razorblades, explosive batteries, and UMD disks)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

If the price is no more than $300, has a good lineup, and has a decent battery, I'll be there day 1

It gets a Zelda game.

I could make a list of everything it needs...but if the Wii U was able to satisfy me....I can't imagine the Switch will ever be a problem. It'll be a Day 1 if it gets a Zelda bundle, Year 1 if it doesn't.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I will buy the Switch when it has an appealing game library, besides just the usual Nintendo exclusives.

My decision is not set in stone yet ...

Not really comfortable with the rumored price, if it can manage to get the same or higher quality of software support as the 3DS did then I'll think about it. If not then I'll just forget about it ...