By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will convince you to buy a Switch?

If the switch meets the majority of your expectations, will you buy it!

Day one for sure! 177 35.83%

Not day one, but close to release 81 16.40%

Maybe the first year, maybe not 103 20.85%

I'm never getting it! Down with nintendo! 70 14.17%

I'm not sure yet 63 12.75%

Total:494

It would be monster hunter, I hate tiny screens but still bought 3ds xl for it, I would buy any console that has it, so if I can play that on a large screen I wouldn't hesitate to get the switch.

Around the Network

Decent PP, good lineup of games I actually want and decent battery life with no charger bs like with the N3DS.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Games.

Hm. Let's see.

I don't think I care much about the western third-party support situation, to be honest. I already have a PC and I would probably buy a PS4 as my next console purchase.

That means the Switch needs to win my heart as a second console. I don't care much for platformer games or Mario games, so much of the Nintendo's standard home console fare doesn't really appeal to me. However, the Japanese content the 3DS had, including Fire Emblem, did have my interest--I just didn't care for the 3DS hardware or the prospect of another handheld system. I'll probably never buy another handheld of any brand.

That results in this criteria:
- Low price, sub $250
- Zelda
- Fire Emblem
- Lots of Japanese third-party support

Basically, what I'd like is a system with 3DS/Vita type games except on my TV. I don't care anything about the handheld aspect.

Price is the biggest thing for me, plus having a good/decent launch lineup. I never got a Wii U so if a lot of the launch games end up being ports of Wii U games (Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc..) then I'd probably buy it day one but with that being said, it should still have some original games and not just ports of old games.

Around the Network

Oh it's mine baby.

zelda

- No more game droughts
- No more delays
- More ambitious first party games
- More first party games that aren't E-rated cartoons
- A ground-up HD Monster Hunter game
- A new Zelda in the style of the 2011 tech demo, out before 2021

- =<$250 Price

- >=5 hours battery life.

- Zelda, or metroid, or a good 3d mario. 

Throw some 3rd party jrpg support and save a place for me in the Hype-boat.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Hawat said:

It would be monster hunter, I hate tiny screens but still bought 3ds xl for it, I would buy any console that has it, so if I can play that on a large screen I wouldn't hesitate to get the switch.

i actually avoided monster hunter because it's a game which is ruined by low resolution :x

Thankfully it has been with nintendo for a while, so I expect at least 2 monster hunter games for the switch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.