By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: The Last of Us 2 to be announced before E3 2017

Roronaa_chan said:
If it really is in December then i'd bet Game awards instead of PSX
Something like that you want to get out to everyone, not just the PS faithful

Also worth noting that The Last of Us was revealed at the VGA's.

How about a minute long teaser at The Game Awards followed by a proper trailer at PSX

Around the Network

It's coming, no question about it. Well as it stands on its own, TLOU was always intended as a franchise. I'd be a bit surprised though if they showed off the sequel before U4's story dlc is out, let alone revealed. Maybe a vague announcement teaser at PSX or TGA much like they did with their last two games with a proper trailer/gameplay debut at E3 2017 or even 2018.

JWeinCom said:
I was pretty luke warm on Uncharted 4. I liked the few action set pieces, but the story didn't grab me, and I really didn't like any of the non-combat parts very much. Considering this, is it worth checking out the Last of Us?

It really depends on your preferences.  TLoU didn't feel like an Uncharted game so it was different, I'd highly recommend it.  If anything try to get it cheap or borrow from a friend if you're still on the fence.

celador said:
Are Naughty Dog still two teams? I guess they must have had at least a small team working on it while Uncharted 4 was being done. Still seems too soon

I want it announced when Sony and Naughty Dog are 95% sure they can release it within the following 18 months. Otherwise, don't bother. There are plenty of other exclusives to look forward to, save the announcement for later.

Yup.

Stolen from the PSX OP:

The Last of Us 2 has been in active development at Naughty Dog since early 2014, might be revealed soon

The Last of Us achieved massive success, both critically and commercially. Sony shipped over 7 million units on PS3 alone and including sales of the remastered PS4 version the game might be over 12 million copies sold. And fans of the game might not have to wait long for a second chapter as it seems that the game has been in active development since at least early 2014.

Michael Knowland finished his work on “prototype head sculpts” at Naughty Dog in April 2014, and if his LinkedIn Profile is to be believed, The Last of Us 2 has been in development for quite some time. Additionally, Naughty Dog Boss Evan Wells admitted later that year that the second team at Naughty Dog was developing something on the scale of Uncharted.

"We definitely have another project on the scale of Uncharted in very early pre-production stages," Evan Wells said back in June 2014. "We have the sizeable team that it takes to get something like that off of the ground, but it's got a long runway in front of it. We have a lot of great ideas, and some stuff that is already getting everybody jazzed and excited."

Additionally, industry insider, Shinobi, has hinted that the game will be revealed before E3 2017.
Source & Source 2

Would be epic.

Around the Network

Playstation Experience 2016??? :O
YES PLEASE!!!

Replicant said:
celador said:
Are Naughty Dog still two teams? I guess they must have had at least a small team working on it while Uncharted 4 was being done. Still seems too soon

I want it announced when Sony and Naughty Dog are 95% sure they can release it within the following 18 months. Otherwise, don't bother. There are plenty of other exclusives to look forward to, save the announcement for later.

Yup.

Stolen from the PSX OP:

The Last of Us 2 has been in active development at Naughty Dog since early 2014, might be revealed soon

The Last of Us achieved massive success, both critically and commercially. Sony shipped over 7 million units on PS3 alone and including sales of the remastered PS4 version the game might be over 12 million copies sold. And fans of the game might not have to wait long for a second chapter as it seems that the game has been in active development since at least early 2014.

Michael Knowland finished his work on “prototype head sculpts” at Naughty Dog in April 2014, and if his LinkedIn Profile is to be believed, The Last of Us 2 has been in development for quite some time. Additionally, Naughty Dog Boss Evan Wells admitted later that year that the second team at Naughty Dog was developing something on the scale of Uncharted.

"We definitely have another project on the scale of Uncharted in very early pre-production stages," Evan Wells said back in June 2014. "We have the sizeable team that it takes to get something like that off of the ground, but it's got a long runway in front of it. We have a lot of great ideas, and some stuff that is already getting everybody jazzed and excited."

Additionally, industry insider, Shinobi, has hinted that the game will be revealed before E3 2017.
Source & Source 2

Interesting, I guess it could be ready to announce then. Would make the PSX conference worth it alone if announced there

sounds good!

im a huge Uncharted fan and Uncharted 4 felt.... different, it was like visiting back to something years later you loved one last time to see how they were getting on. i did love it and do hope we get another game when Drake is maybe Sullys age with his daughter.

The Last of Us was... incredible and nothing will change that. i know I'm going against the wave saying this but i kinda do hope it is Joel still... i loved the characters in that game and would like to know what happens next. to me it felt like that story wasn't done just yet..

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

I can't begin to describe how much I want a new TLoU on PS4P.

Shinobi usually does not miss, ever.

So this is pretty much guaranteed.