By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: The Last of Us 2 to be announced before E3 2017

Ruler said:
jason1637 said:

That doesn't mean the Last of Us 2 will come the same year as the PS5.

Yes it does, what other game should be last one from Sony?

I hope you know that that's not how it works. A game comes out when it's finished not because they are about to launch a new console. 

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Do you know what this could also mean? That we get PS5 sooner than later.

PS5 is probably 2019. Then PS5Pro in 2022, PS6 in 2025 etc.

poklane said:
Ruler said:
Do you know what this could also mean? That we get PS5 sooner than later.

PS5 is probably 2019. Then PS5Pro in 2022, PS6 in 2025 etc.

Last of US 2 will probably come out in 2018 thats when the PS5 can come out in Q4 thats what i meant

BraLoD said:
Ruler said:

Last of Us came in the same year like the PS4

Sorry, but that makes no sense, they just released the Pro, the PS5 won't come next near with TLOU 2.

PS4 Pro is not a new console its just an optional stronger PS4, and i am pretty sure Last of US 2 wont come out in 2017 it will be delayed like U4 was even if Sony says otherwise. 2018 the PS5 could launch if the Last of Us 2 does come out, thats what i meant.

twintail said:
Could just be a really small tease.

I'd go bananas even if all they showed was a CGI Clicker biting some random NPC.

Around the Network
celador said:
Are Naughty Dog still two teams? I guess they must have had at least a small team working on it while Uncharted 4 was being done. Still seems too soon

I want it announced when Sony and Naughty Dog are 95% sure they can release it within the following 18 months. Otherwise, don't bother. There are plenty of other exclusives to look forward to, save the announcement for later.

18 months? Realistically, games should not be announced untill the developers a 95% sure it will release no more than a year from announcement.

Xxain said:
celador said:
Are Naughty Dog still two teams? I guess they must have had at least a small team working on it while Uncharted 4 was being done. Still seems too soon

I want it announced when Sony and Naughty Dog are 95% sure they can release it within the following 18 months. Otherwise, don't bother. There are plenty of other exclusives to look forward to, save the announcement for later.

18 months? Realistically, games should not be announced untill the developers a 95% sure it will release no more than a year from announcement.

In a perfect world sure, I was being kind

Lawlight said:
AnthonyW86 said:
I would rather see them bring in a new franchise first and save Last of Us 2 for later. It's been 3 years already and still no new franchise from ND for PS4. That has never happened before in Playstation history.

You want a new franchise after just 3 years?

ND has always released a new franchise within the first year of a new Playstation console. PS4 is 3 years old now and still no new franchise.

jason1637 said:
BraLoD said:
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy

Oh boy

The PS5 Exists. 

AnthonyW86 said:
Lawlight said:

You want a new franchise after just 3 years?

ND has always released a new franchise within the first year of a new Playstation console. PS4 is 3 years old now and still no new franchise.

That's not true actually. Naughty Dog have never released a new franchise within the first year of a new PS console.