By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: The Last of Us 2 to be announced before E3 2017

In a NeoGAF thread about the website for E3 2017 being up a user posted something, saying he/she is hoping for The Last of Us 2 to be at the show. Shinobi602, a known industry insider, responded with "Maybe you don't have to wait that long." http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225385555&postcount=42 

PlayStation Experience? The Game Awards? Surely The Last of Us 2 would be announced at some show, not just with a trailer + blog post in some random week?

Around the Network

The Last of Us was such a good game, but I like it being its own thing. Ended how it needed to. Doesn't really need a sequel or spinoffs.

If that happens, this shitz gonna be epic

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jpcc86 said:
The Last of Us was such a good game, but I like it being its own thing. Ended how it needed to. Doesn't really need a sequel or spinoffs.

What if it completely different characters with a new story and etc?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If it really is in December then i'd bet Game awards instead of PSX
Something like that you want to get out to everyone, not just the PS faithful

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

Very much agreed. It doesn't need a sequel but the money calls. I guess we can rest safely knowning they will most likely not follow Joel and Ellie's story so it won't compromise the first game. Still, I'm very conflicted about it. The world/universe merits another trip into, hopefully we get a different country so we get a better sense of the scale of the infection.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Are Naughty Dog still two teams? I guess they must have had at least a small team working on it while Uncharted 4 was being done. Still seems too soon

I want it announced when Sony and Naughty Dog are 95% sure they can release it within the following 18 months. Otherwise, don't bother. There are plenty of other exclusives to look forward to, save the announcement for later.

I was pretty luke warm on Uncharted 4. I liked the few action set pieces, but the story didn't grab me, and I really didn't like any of the non-combat parts very much. Considering this, is it worth checking out the Last of Us?

Anyone else hinting at it and I'd be skeptical, but shinobi602 is usually bang on the money.

3 and a half years since The Last of Us released, Naughty Dog have 2 teams and Uncharted 4 went Gold in March. That's a lot of dev time on whatever else they'll be developing.

Uncharted 4 dlc at PSX and the last of us 2 announced early next year with a trailer at E3.

Released March 2018. That would be perfect.