By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun/Moon initial shipments above 10m: 3DS record

tbone51 said:
SuperNova said:

Isn't Ryng Italian? If so, he better be awake, it's 3pm over there! :P

Also 10m Initial shipment? Wow. Stores must be ordering like crazy.  But I guess high initial shipments were to be expected, this is the most preorderd Nintendo game of all time after all. Pokemania in full forece! :D

Should i make a new thread? Stating 15mil+ shipped+digital by years end? Maybe i should go super bold and say 16/17mil lol

Go for it! I think it has a chance do that!

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

So what usually happens if the shipment doesn't get sold? I know it will sell over 10M but this shipment will last a long, long time.

You're obviously trying to get reactions, but the question always with nebulous stuff like that is: How long is a long, long time based on your definition? If it is two weeks, I think most people on the thread will agree with you it will take that long. And if you define a time, the next question obviously is, if you are willing to bet on it. Everyone can make ridiculou claims, if it is forgotten by the time we have numbers it doesn't matter. So are you willing to take your claim to validation?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Lawlight said:

So what usually happens if the shipment doesn't get sold? I know it will sell over 10M but this shipment will last a long, long time.

It'll last two weeks, is that too long?

Isnt this a record for Nintendo as a whole?

Lawlight said:
Jranation said:

I thought you were banned from posting on Nintendo threads? 

Only in Switch topics. I think. 

So why are you posting here? You already are making this a "Switch" topic for no reason!

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Oh shit! Theres 2 users here on VGChartz that will really love this!

/thread :p

Jpcc86 said:
Isnt this a record for Nintendo as a whole?

Might be an exclusove of any console as a whole. Not even multiplats hit 10mil fw (except cod/gta)

Why did this get derailed? Anyway mine isn't arriving ubtil Tuesday even tho i preordered on amazon last week ;_;

Lawlight said:
Jranation said:

I thought you were banned from posting on Nintendo threads? 

Only in Switch topics. I think. 

Nope, Nintendo topics. Leave the thread.

But the figure of 10 million units is basically overshipping, right? Isn't it kind of lame to inflate your numbers like that from the get-go?