By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun/Moon initial shipments above 10m: 3DS record

Lawlight said:

So what usually happens if the shipment doesn't get sold? I know it will sell over 10M but this shipment will last a long, long time.

You were saying?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

I would love for them to beat gold/silver lifetime.

HyrulianScrolls said:
I would love for them to beat gold/silver lifetime.

A pretty hard task to achieve, specially with the Switch version coming out next year.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So Pokemon has sold somewhere in the 7.5 mil range from what I have heard in a little under 2 weeks? And looking at early numbers for CoD it seems to be trending ahead. By quite a margin.

Nuvendil said:
So Pokemon has sold somewhere in the 7.5 mil range from what I have heard in a little under 2 weeks? And looking at early numbers for CoD it seems to be trending ahead. By quite a margin.

I wonder how the Mario franchise will be affected with Super Mario Run. Clearly PoGo had a benefitial effect on software sales. 7.5M in a week is just insane.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Nuvendil said:

I wonder how the Mario franchise will be affected with Super Mario Run. Clearly PoGo had a benefitial effect on software sales. 7.5M in a week is just insane.

Yeah, will be interesting to see.  

Oh and it was more than one week, closer to 2 iirc.

Nuvendil said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, will be interesting to see.  

Oh and it was more than one week, closer to 2 iirc.

Well, yeah, it's fair to say 2 weeks. Still, I though Nintendo might have overshipped the game. I think I could eat crow, but happy XD.

Nuvendil said:

Its 7.5mil minimum. Could be a little higher (like 100k?) or potienally be alot more (500k?). We dont have the entire picture!

Looks like they will have to ship more before holiday season is over. Probably easily get to 15m sold physical and digital.