By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun/Moon initial shipments above 10m: 3DS record

Wright said:
katakpisang said:

that's because you simply downplayed Pokemon brand power to sell 10 million in this year alone when it's already proven that feats before.

Or that maybe, in a year where most games have underperformed in comparison to previous million sellers (Gears of War, Deus Ex, Halo, just to name a few profilic examples), there's the undeniable possibility, as smaller as it could be, that Pokemon might be overshipping 10 million despite whatever it has proven before.

If you want to call "downplay" just a thought of mine, go for it, but you shouldn't get too defensive about this in any case.

Wont knock you down for your prediction but to give you a heads up on pokemon brand.

XY outsold BW (no decline)

ORAS the remake is by far the best selling pokemon remake. Conparinf it to other decline franshises is a mistake. Also 10mil shipment is day1. Expect a couple mil more by years end which proves its not overshipped

Around the Network
Wright said:

But the figure of 10 million units is basically overshipping, right? Isn't it kind of lame to inflate your numbers like that from the get-go?

It is difficult. First of all, Nintendo still needs to find retailers to take the stock of the overshipping, so they have to take more stock than needed too. Secondly, nobody really know how much it will sell. This is true for every game. Retailers and game companies have expectation, based on experience, advertising, market research, but it still is a gamble. Maybe they expect it to sell that well. I read X/Y shipped initially 7m, that is a steep increase, but not abnormally so. If they guess that Alola is getting more interest, or that Pakemon Go has incresed interest in the series, than this might be OK.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

10m for the first week?

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:
I will be interesting to see the hardware boost

itll be notable boost but no1 should expect a huge one as the 3ds is in its last years and a main pokemon game already came out 3 years ago.

It's really cheap to buy one now and there's a shit load of people who bought a DS who haven't bought one.  it's got potential for a huge boost.  

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

itll be notable boost but no1 should expect a huge one as the 3ds is in its last years and a main pokemon game already came out 3 years ago.

It's really cheap to buy one now and there's a shit load of people who bought a DS who haven't bought one.  it's got potential for a huge boost.  

Too many causals with phones. Maybe your right but i dont see a massive boost. Depends you never kno. Hope your right, itll give 3ds 1 last push

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
10m for the first week?

10mil before the first day lol. But ueah it should be counted as fw. 

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Too many causals with phones. Maybe your right but i dont see a massive boost. Depends you never kno. Hope your right, itll give 3ds 1 last push

It's gonna do surely better than last year withouth doubt.

I think it should sell about the same of 2014 holidays numbers, which isn't bad for a 6 years old system with the Switch incoming.

I just read a tweet from our own Zhuge that Sun and Moln sold 10m copies the FIRST day?!?! Is this true?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
I just read a tweet from our own Zhuge that Sun and Moln sold 10m copies the FIRST day?!?! Is this true?

It definetly is 10mil shipped+digital. Its not even out yet for west. 

DanneSandin said:

Sold in (shipped), yes.

And not in first day, but BEFORE launch. Read my article for have a better idea :D

https://redringsite.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/pokemon-sun-and-moon-already-over-10-million-units-shipped/