By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, exactly 1 month before full Switch reveal

Hyped?

Hype! 124 59.62%

Too early. 36 17.31%

Nah.. 48 23.08%

Total:208
Mr.GameCrazy said:
I don't know about being hyped, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Good. Don't be hype. Hype is harmful. Nothing wrong with looking forward to the Switch though which I am.

Around the Network

And hopefully with this, we can put the rest of the Switch rumors to rest

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

onionberry said:
spurgeonryan said:

I would not mind a game on each marvel movie. A Batman vs superman game would have been fun too. To bad those days are over. Now movie games go to mobile and they call it a day. Just think of all the fun that could be had , if made decent, with those games!

or something like spiderman and venom maximum carnage, that game is awesome and the "story" was cool too.

I still have that game :). All the best licensed games are the ones that aren't rushed like hell to meet the movie's release date. But why are you expecting an exclusive Marvel game?

burninmylight said:
onionberry said:

or something like spiderman and venom maximum carnage, that game is awesome and the "story" was cool too.

I still have that game :). All the best licensed games are the ones that aren't rushed like hell to meet the movie's release date. But why are you expecting an exclusive Marvel game?

wishful thinking :)

onionberry said:
burninmylight said:

wishful thinking :)

Well in that case I'm expecting a new Ogre Battle, Mischief Makers and Road Rash!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
AZWification said:

These 2 months are going to be so damn fun.......

When I think of fun, waiting for a console to come out for two months does not come to mind.

That's exactly what I'm talking about!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

A Good Switch Presentation would certainly get 2017 off to an amazing start for me.

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

There is no real sense to make ND before live presentation with full reveal. We got Switch trailer that is prior to event. But IMO we will have some specific games ND after full reveal, for instance Zelda BotW ND.

It depends on how Nintendo wants handle the presentation: focus on games with some HW news and leave stuff out to not make it too long and focus in detail on what matters. Or, they can talk about everything (HW, games, online, etc.) and make it either a too long presentation and maybe not go into detail about pretty much everything.

If you check the last E3s for Nintendo, you'll see that they last about an hour. They don't seem to like to extend it. Which is good, imo!
That doesn't mean they can't make it last more, i just think that they want to keep people on their heels and not get bored during the presentation. And the best way is to focus on the most exciting parts!

They can talk about hardware, details, specs, features...and games, all in less than 2 hours, that isn't really too long for new hardware presentation with games. They will not talk too long about some specific games beacuse for that they can have NDs for specific games only (or for multiply games), but only after 12. January, it doesnt make sense to do that before full reveal.

You cant compare past E3s from Nintendo because they didn't had full reveal of totally new platform. I don't think Nintendo will make boring presentation at all beacuse they have lotsa games to show.

Like I wrote, there is no real sense to make ND before live presentation with full reveal, it has much more sense to have some specifik NDs after full reveal not before.

Honestly my hype was killed with the reveal. I'll watch to see what the next Mario game is but at this point Switch isn't on my radar anymore. Maybe someday whey will make a home console. I'll be on board for that!

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

It depends on how Nintendo wants handle the presentation: focus on games with some HW news and leave stuff out to not make it too long and focus in detail on what matters. Or, they can talk about everything (HW, games, online, etc.) and make it either a too long presentation and maybe not go into detail about pretty much everything.

If you check the last E3s for Nintendo, you'll see that they last about an hour. They don't seem to like to extend it. Which is good, imo!
That doesn't mean they can't make it last more, i just think that they want to keep people on their heels and not get bored during the presentation. And the best way is to focus on the most exciting parts!

They can talk about hardware, details, specs, features...and games, all in less than 2 hours, that isn't really too long for new hardware presentation with games. They will not talk too long about some specific games beacuse for that they can have NDs for specific games only (or for multiply games), but only after 12. January, it doesnt make sense to do that before full reveal.

You cant compare past E3s from Nintendo because they didn't had full reveal of totally new platform. I don't think Nintendo will make boring presentation at all beacuse they have lotsa games to show.

Like I wrote, there is no real sense to make ND before live presentation with full reveal, it has much more sense to have some specifik NDs after full reveal not before.

Yeah, they can put everything in a 2 hour show, but they will risk slowing down the pace of the presentation and making a good presentation with lesser good moments instead of a great, one punch after the other, presentation.

But they did have presentations where they fully revealed the platform. They did it with Wii, 3DS and Wii U (even if they revealed it the year before).
And speaking about Wii U, i'm glad they took did that pre-e3 ND. If they showed all tha stuff during the actual presentation it would have put down an already not so exciting presentation.

I don't mind having specific NDs for games after the January presentation. What i want - or what i feel would work out the best - is for the presentation to be "short" and sweet.

There are details that can be talked about outside of the presentation and i don't really see that hurting said presentation, on the contrary, actually.
For example, if you saw MS's XB1 reveal, there was stuff there that just slowed the pace and could have easily been talked about outside the presentation.