By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, exactly 1 month before full Switch reveal

Hyped?

Hype! 124 59.62%

Too early. 36 17.31%

Nah.. 48 23.08%

Total:208

I think they will make two presentations. The first one will be the live one, they will more to show how the thing works and to show the bussines related things (pricing, release date, online services...). The second one will be right after that, maybe a 30 minutes long Direct to show all the launch titles.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

They can talk about hardware, details, specs, features...and games, all in less than 2 hours, that isn't really too long for new hardware presentation with games. They will not talk too long about some specific games beacuse for that they can have NDs for specific games only (or for multiply games), but only after 12. January, it doesnt make sense to do that before full reveal.

You cant compare past E3s from Nintendo because they didn't had full reveal of totally new platform. I don't think Nintendo will make boring presentation at all beacuse they have lotsa games to show.

Like I wrote, there is no real sense to make ND before live presentation with full reveal, it has much more sense to have some specifik NDs after full reveal not before.

Yeah, they can put everything in a 2 hour show, but they will risk slowing down the pace of the presentation and making a good presentation with lesser good moments instead of a great, one punch after the other, presentation.

But they did have presentations where they fully revealed the platform. They did it with Wii, 3DS and Wii U (even if they revealed it the year before).
And speaking about Wii U, i'm glad they took did that pre-e3 ND. If they showed all tha stuff during the actual presentation it would have put down an already not so exciting presentation.

I don't mind having specific NDs for games after the January presentation. What i want - or what i feel would work out the best - is for the presentation to be "short" and sweet.

There are details that can be talked about outside of the presentation and i don't really see that hurting said presentation, on the contrary, actually.
For example, if you saw MS's XB1 reveal, there was stuff there that just slowed the pace and could have easily been talked about outside the presentation.

I said less in 2 hours, not exactly 2. But even with 2 hours they can make interesting show beacuse of plenty of games they need to show.

Its obvious that with Switch they taking totally different approach than with 3DS/Wii U, and thats offcourse good. Wii U was terrible in every way, and it's good they doing everything different compared to Wii U.

Don't expect any Switch info from Nintendo before full reveal (Nintendo basically said same thing), after that we will have some specific NDs about games or some specific Switch features, on which they will spend more time then they did on full reveal.

Nintendo is managing things different than MS and Sony, espacily in Switch case where is totally different compared event to all other Nintendo consoles.

bunchanumbers said:
Honestly my hype was killed with the reveal. I'll watch to see what the next Mario game is but at this point Switch isn't on my radar anymore. Maybe someday whey will make a home console. I'll be on board for that!

So the form factor is the most important aspect for you? That is kind of odd.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bunchanumbers said:
Honestly my hype was killed with the reveal. I'll watch to see what the next Mario game is but at this point Switch isn't on my radar anymore. Maybe someday whey will make a home console. I'll be on board for that!

Been playing on Nintendo home consoles my whole life. You could tell me its a home console. Nintendo tried to tell me its a home console. But no matter what I do, all I see is a tablet with controller nubs. Killed all hype.

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

Yeah, they can put everything in a 2 hour show, but they will risk slowing down the pace of the presentation and making a good presentation with lesser good moments instead of a great, one punch after the other, presentation.

But they did have presentations where they fully revealed the platform. They did it with Wii, 3DS and Wii U (even if they revealed it the year before).
And speaking about Wii U, i'm glad they took did that pre-e3 ND. If they showed all tha stuff during the actual presentation it would have put down an already not so exciting presentation.

I don't mind having specific NDs for games after the January presentation. What i want - or what i feel would work out the best - is for the presentation to be "short" and sweet.

There are details that can be talked about outside of the presentation and i don't really see that hurting said presentation, on the contrary, actually.
For example, if you saw MS's XB1 reveal, there was stuff there that just slowed the pace and could have easily been talked about outside the presentation.

I said less in 2 hours, not exactly 2. But even with 2 hours they can make interesting show beacuse of plenty of games they need to show.

Its obvious that with Switch they taking totally different approach than with 3DS/Wii U, and thats offcourse good. Wii U was terrible in every way, and it's good they doing everything different compared to Wii U.

Don't expect any Switch info from Nintendo before full reveal (Nintendo basically said same thing), after that we will have some specific NDs about games or some specific Switch features, on which they will spend more time then they did on full reveal.

Nintendo is managing things different than MS and Sony, espacily in Switch case where is totally different compared event to all other Nintendo consoles.

I don't think making it last almost 2 hours is part of Nintendo's plans. From what we can see in other big presentations from Nintendo, they like to keep it close to 1 hour.
Maybe to Nintendo that's the sweetspot to get people excited from beginning to end.

I spoke of MS because i remember that there was stuff there that they decided to go into detail and could have showed elsewhere. And if you ask me, that's the kind of situation that companies tend to avoid nowdays: too much talk and too little action.
That's why i have no problem imagining Nintendo focusing on games and whatever secret Switch has and leaving other stuff out for a ND.
All that stuff about online, partnerships and smartphone integration can be discussed in detail, at once, in another day - be it before or after January, 12th.

Nintendo might have said no more talk until the presentation... but they also said that Wii U was not ending production and a couples weeks later they confirmed it.
I don't think having a ND to handle all non-gaming, non-HW related news, a day before the 12th would be against what Nintendo said so themselves.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
zorg1000 said:

Been playing on Nintendo home consoles my whole life. You could tell me its a home console. Nintendo tried to tell me its a home console. But no matter what I do, all I see is a tablet with controller nubs. Killed all hype.

What I'm getting at is it's a device that allows you to play all Nintendo games at home, on a TV, with a standard controller..............why does the form factor matter at that point?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bunchanumbers said:

What I'm getting at is it's a device that allows you to play all Nintendo games at home, on a TV, with a standard controller..............why does the form factor matter at that point?

Because its how I play games. Plus that it will be more difficult for someone to stroll off with a home console instead of a tablet.

bunchanumbers said:
zorg1000 said:

Because its how I play games. Plus that it will be more difficult for someone to stroll off with a home console instead of a tablet.

Its how you play games? I have no idea what you mean by that.

hahahaha the reason you want a traditional console is because it will be harder for thieves to steal? If someone goes through the trouble to break into your house I dont think unplugging a few cables is going to stop them from stealing it.

weird to think.... 2 months to launch and we still know so little about it.
I wish they had announce a launch game lineup and showed games running on the switch.

It would be hard to be any less hyped at this stage.

My 8th gen collection