Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, exactly 1 month before full Switch reveal

Hyped?

Hype! 124 59.62%

Too early. 36 17.31%

Nah.. 48 23.08%

Total:208
DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

I said less in 2 hours, not exactly 2. But even with 2 hours they can make interesting show beacuse of plenty of games they need to show.

Its obvious that with Switch they taking totally different approach than with 3DS/Wii U, and thats offcourse good. Wii U was terrible in every way, and it's good they doing everything different compared to Wii U.

Don't expect any Switch info from Nintendo before full reveal (Nintendo basically said same thing), after that we will have some specific NDs about games or some specific Switch features, on which they will spend more time then they did on full reveal.

Nintendo is managing things different than MS and Sony, espacily in Switch case where is totally different compared event to all other Nintendo consoles.

I don't think making it last almost 2 hours is part of Nintendo's plans. From what we can see in other big presentations from Nintendo, they like to keep it close to 1 hour.
Maybe to Nintendo that's the sweetspot to get people excited from beginning to end.

I spoke of MS because i remember that there was stuff there that they decided to go into detail and could have showed elsewhere. And if you ask me, that's the kind of situation that companies tend to avoid nowdays: too much talk and too little action.
That's why i have no problem imagining Nintendo focusing on games and whatever secret Switch has and leaving other stuff out for a ND.
All that stuff about online, partnerships and smartphone integration can be discussed in detail, at once, in another day - be it before or after January, 12th.

Nintendo might have said no more talk until the presentation... but they also said that Wii U was not ending production and a couples weeks later they confirmed it.
I don't think having a ND to handle all non-gaming, non-HW related news, a day before the 12th would be against what Nintendo said so themselves.

Well I don't think Nintendo would make live presentation in first place if they are doing only one hour presentation, that too much recources for just one hour presentation and definatly not evrething could fit in just one hour. We had Switch trailer where focus was on what exatly is Switch and Switch concept, evrething else (other Switch features and possibilities, details, specs, lineup of games, 3rd party games, pricing, date of launch and launch lineup...) will be talked on full reveal on 12. January. You can't really do all that with live presentation in only just one hour, especially if you consider that just last few Nintendo E3 NDs were around 50 min.

Nintendo said that Wii U is not ending in week in which Eurogamer said its ending, and they were right about that, because Nintendo Japan 2 weeks later said it will soon be ending.

But point is they dont want to talk about Switch at all before 12. January, soon it will begin holiday season and New year and their focus for that time is to sell 3DS and Pokemon and other currently available products not to talk about Switch, thats why they set 12. January for full reveal not partial reveal, but after 12. January they will have some specific NDs until launch but dont expect any before 12. January.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bunchanumbers said:

Because its how I play games. Plus that it will be more difficult for someone to stroll off with a home console instead of a tablet.

Its how you play games? I have no idea what you mean by that.

hahahaha the reason you want a traditional console is because it will be harder for thieves to steal? If someone goes through the trouble to break into your house I dont think unplugging a few cables is going to stop them from stealing it.

You don't get it. I do things with consoles that I have always done, which includes lending to family. A home console is hooked up to the tv. I don't have to worry about it. But a tablet is portable, easy to lose. They don't have the greatest of friends so it would be easy to 'lose'.

bunchanumbers said:
zorg1000 said:

Its how you play games? I have no idea what you mean by that.

hahahaha the reason you want a traditional console is because it will be harder for thieves to steal? If someone goes through the trouble to break into your house I dont think unplugging a few cables is going to stop them from stealing it.

You don't get it. I do things with consoles that I have always done, which includes lending to family. A home console is hooked up to the tv. I don't have to worry about it. But a tablet is portable, easy to lose. They don't have the greatest of friends so it would be easy to 'lose'.

Well an easy solution is don't lend expensive things to people you don't trust and like I said, if someone wants to steal something they will go through with the trouble of unplugging a few cables.

I just don't see how such a small problem like that justifies nearly a month of constant complaining and being the deciding factor whether you will buy it or not.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

JRPGfan said:
weird to think.... 2 months to launch and we still know so little about it.
I wish they had announce a launch game lineup and showed games running on the switch.

two months from reveal, not launch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bunchanumbers said:

Well an easy solution is don't lend expensive things to people you don't trust and like I said, if someone wants to steal something they will go through with the trouble of unplugging a few cables.

I just don't see how such a small problem like that justifies nearly a month of constant complaining and being the deciding factor whether you will buy it or not.

No offense but what I do with my consoles is none of your concern. I don't give you crap for what you do with your possessions do I?

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

I don't think making it last almost 2 hours is part of Nintendo's plans. From what we can see in other big presentations from Nintendo, they like to keep it close to 1 hour.
Maybe to Nintendo that's the sweetspot to get people excited from beginning to end.

I spoke of MS because i remember that there was stuff there that they decided to go into detail and could have showed elsewhere. And if you ask me, that's the kind of situation that companies tend to avoid nowdays: too much talk and too little action.
That's why i have no problem imagining Nintendo focusing on games and whatever secret Switch has and leaving other stuff out for a ND.
All that stuff about online, partnerships and smartphone integration can be discussed in detail, at once, in another day - be it before or after January, 12th.

Nintendo might have said no more talk until the presentation... but they also said that Wii U was not ending production and a couples weeks later they confirmed it.
I don't think having a ND to handle all non-gaming, non-HW related news, a day before the 12th would be against what Nintendo said so themselves.

Well I don't think Nintendo would make live presentation in first place if they are doing only one hour presentation, that too much recources for just one hour presentation and definatly not evrething could fit in just one hour. We had Switch trailer where focus was on what exatly is Switch and Switch concept, evrething else (other Switch features and possibilities, details, specs, lineup of games, 3rd party games, pricing, date of launch and launch lineup...) will be talked on full reveal on 12. January. You can't really do all that with live presentation in only just one hour, especially if you consider that just last few Nintendo E3 NDs were around 50 min.

Nintendo said that Wii U is not ending in week in which Eurogamer said its ending, and they were right about that, because Nintendo Japan 2 weeks later said it will soon be ending.

But point is they dont want to talk about Switch at all before 12. January, soon it will begin holiday season and New year and their focus for that time is to sell 3DS and Pokemon and other currently available products not to talk about Switch, thats why they set 12. January for full reveal not partial reveal, but after 12. January they will have some specific NDs until launch but dont expect any before 12. January.

It seems too little, but it's how they have done until now.
And remember one thing, 5 months after the January presentation they will have E3. So, they will probably focus the most of it's presentation on just launch games and have E3 reveal the rest of the line-up and future games.

Not to mention that, like it happened before, only a few games will have a bigger presence on stage, while other games will just be shown through a trailer and some talk about it.

I'm not against the idea of specific NDs to better explain luanch games, btw.
Even the presentation lasts about 2 hours, you can bet they won't focus too much on each game.

Yes, Eurogamer was "wrong" for a couple of weeks, but that doesn't mean the decision wasn't being planned way before. This is the type of situation that takes time to evaluate.
Nintendo knew this and obviously denied it, because, like always, they want to be the ones who reveal (specially after having details settled down).

January 12th is a Wednesy. Having a pre-ND the Sunday before it (on the 9th) doesn't change Nintendo's message.

bunchanumbers said:
zorg1000 said:

No offense but what I do with my consoles is none of your concern. I don't give you crap for what you do with your possessions do I?

ya you are entirely missing the point, im not telling you what to do with your possessions, im pointing out that you have literally been bitching about Switch for going on a month now and its for the dumbest reason.

The post i originally quoted from you was you saying Switch is completely off your radar because of the form factor, I asked you why the form factor is such a big deal and your reasoning is people might steal it when you lend it to them..........you could not come up with a lamer excuse if you tried.

Either buy it or dont, complaining about it everyday isnt going to change the fact that Switch isnt what you want it to be.

At this point, I am not planning to get a Switch, but Nintendo could change my mind if they fulfill the following criteria:

1- No more game droughts

2- More ambitious and non-cartoon games

3- Stop the rampant delays of first party software

4- Be more transparent and stop holding out on fans and keeping us in the dark

5- Price Switch below $300 USD

6- Release Breath of the Wild on Wii U

7- Make the games fans want instead of crap nobody asked for

zorg1000 said:
bunchanumbers said:

ya you are entirely missing the point, im not telling you what to do with your possessions, im pointing out that you have literally been bitching about Switch for going on a month now and its for the dumbest reason.

The post i originally quoted from you was you saying Switch is completely off your radar because of the form factor, I asked you why the form factor is such a big deal and your reasoning is people might steal it when you lend it to them..........you could not come up with a lamer excuse if you tried.

Either buy it or dont, complaining about it everyday isnt going to change the fact that Switch isnt what you want it to be.

You can say whatever you like if you want to judge. Your opinion isn't a factor in what console I purchase.  I could tolerate the power. I could tolerate the controller. Hell I could tolerate the droughts. I can't tolerate that its not a home console because of how I use home consoles. My original post said that my hype died because of the reveal. The same reveal that showed its a tablet. There's a myriad things that could go wrong with it. I lend it to my brother. His kids are precocious and they drop the thing. There goes my console. My other brother doesn't have the greatest of friends. It could walk off. Unless Switch is selling at handheld prices ($199) then it will become an expensive thing to replace. Form factor matters.

The NS hype makes me so excited and tells me one thing...

I have to get a new job

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.