Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, exactly 1 month before full Switch reveal

Hyped?

Hype! 124 59.62%

Too early. 36 17.31%

Nah.. 48 23.08%

Total:208
Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

But fact is that in this point they said true, they said Eurogamer article was wrong and that's a true.

How handling Switch is totally different than how they handheld Wii U, Wii U was on 2 E3s before launch, Switcj had first unveil 5 months before launch and after that will have full reveal just 2.5 monts before launch, and not single one E3 presentation before launch.

They can pack all in one presentation and that presentation still be intresting, and Nintendo will definitely talk about borrowing staffs too much. Again when you organise big live presentation in Tokyo center, there is no sense to make all that just for short presentation, even Nintendos E3 NDs that had only games were around 50m and they were prerecorded. They will talk most important staffs at full presentation, about less important staffs and details about staffs from presentation they will talk after full reveal, not before.

Let's put it this way: they were wrong on the date; Nintendo was about to go public and still denied it. Not just the date but the whole thing - by not assuming it was coming.

Wii U was talked about in 2011 because the leaks forced them to do that. They even admitted to that.
Still, none of that (they way they revealed Wii U) should be seen as an obstacle: Switch is still getting a live presentation.
It doesn't matter if the presentation is in Japan or the US. They will pay a lot of money to do that... yes, just for that a little more than an hour show. It's what they have been doing for years; one console after the other.

You see it as a short presentation, but Nintendo does not have a problem with that.
That's probably why they did the pre E3 ND instead of increasing the time of the presentation.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

But fact is that in this point they said true, they said Eurogamer article was wrong and that's a true.

How handling Switch is totally different than how they handheld Wii U, Wii U was on 2 E3s before launch, Switcj had first unveil 5 months before launch and after that will have full reveal just 2.5 monts before launch, and not single one E3 presentation before launch.

They can pack all in one presentation and that presentation still be intresting, and Nintendo will definitely talk about borrowing staffs too much. Again when you organise big live presentation in Tokyo center, there is no sense to make all that just for short presentation, even Nintendos E3 NDs that had only games were around 50m and they were prerecorded. They will talk most important staffs at full presentation, about less important staffs and details about staffs from presentation they will talk after full reveal, not before.

Let's put it this way: they were wrong on the date; Nintendo was about to go public and still denied it. Not just the date but the whole thing - by not assuming it was coming.

Wii U was talked about in 2011 because the leaks forced them to do that. They even admitted to that.
Still, none of that (they way they revealed Wii U) should be seen as an obstacle: Switch is still getting a live presentation.
It doesn't matter if the presentation is in Japan or the US. They will pay a lot of money to do that... yes, just for that a little more than an hour show. It's what they have been doing for years; one console after the other.

You see it as a short presentation, but Nintendo does not have a problem with that.
That's probably why they did the pre E3 ND instead of increasing the time of the presentation.

Its very simple, Eurogamer said Wii U production is ending this week, Nintendo said that isnt true, period. It all very clear.

Actually before its was very common to unveil your console around 2 years before launch, but today you really don't need for that anymore.

I am pretty super Nintendo wouldn't done at all live presentation if they would make just short presentation. They done E3 NDs because they didn't want live presentation on last few E3s, but now they are doing live presentation. Also live presentation with full reveal of hardware, with hardware fetures, partners and games, and pre recorded video with just games, are totally different things and you can't really expect they will have similar length.

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

Its very simple, Eurogamer said Wii U production is ending this week, Nintendo said that isnt true, period. It all very clear.

Actually before its was very common to unveil your console around 2 years before launch, but today you really don't need for that anymore.

I am pretty super Nintendo wouldn't done at all live presentation if they would make just short presentation. They done E3 NDs because they didn't want live presentation on last few E3s, but now they are doing live presentation. Also live presentation with full reveal of hardware, with hardware fetures, partners and games, and pre recorded video with just games, are totally different things and you can't really expect they will have similar length.

It is clear. I don't deny that.
But that was not my point. Nintendo could have handled this in a different way. This is what they said: “Even though the Nintendo Switch is slated to go on sale, [Wii U] production is scheduled to continue.”
You don't say something is supposed to continue when you are already planning for it to end.

No you don't need two years. Thankfully! I like this way more! It's more exciting.

They said no live shows (this was said after E3 2012) because there was no HW to be announced.
If you ask me, they knew they hadn't enough stuff to show off in 2013 and decided to go with an ND. and then... well... might aswell go with it.

The only thing i expect is that they will conduct the live presentation in January the same way they did before: they will keep it at around 1H.
This is what they have always done. You can check them out if you want. The longest one was 1h17, if i'm not mistaken. The shortest was about 45/47 minutes.
They can do it for almost 2 hours and talk about everything - even if not in detail - and it will be a first and there's nothing stopping them from doing as you are saying.
But, taking into consideration how they handled (all) their past presentations, i think the most likely scenario is for them to keep the presentation short and having some stuff talked before or after the presentation.

In January we will see if this happens or not.

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

It is clear. I don't deny that.
But that was not my point. Nintendo could have handled this in a different way. This is what they said: “Even though the Nintendo Switch is slated to go on sale, [Wii U] production is scheduled to continue.”
You don't say something is supposed to continue when you are already planning for it to end.

No you don't need two years. Thankfully! I like this way more! It's more exciting.

They said no live shows (this was said after E3 2012) because there was no HW to be announced.
If you ask me, they knew they hadn't enough stuff to show off in 2013 and decided to go with an ND. and then... well... might aswell go with it.

The only thing i expect is that they will conduct the live presentation in January the same way they did before: they will keep it at around 1H.
This is what they have always done. You can check them out if you want. The longest one was 1h17, if i'm not mistaken. The shortest was about 45/47 minutes.
They can do it for almost 2 hours and talk about everything - even if not in detail - and it will be a first and there's nothing stopping them from doing as you are saying.
But, taking into consideration how they handled (all) their past presentations, i think the most likely scenario is for them to keep the presentation short and having some stuff talked before or after the presentation.

In January we will see if this happens or not.

Yes, in less than 2 months. ;)

Regrads power differences between wii u and switch:
Switch will using a custom tegra chip based on x1 or x2.
Benchmarks: Trex 1080p offscreen
Nvidia tegra x1: 120 FPS
Ipad Pro: 163 FPS
unanounced Tegra chip with a codename: 190 FPS (they removed that but it had a benchmark 1-2 weeks ago, google it).
Radeon HD 4850 (Wii U): 150 Fps
HD Radeon 7870 (ps4): 533 FPS

https://gfxbench.com/result.jsp?benchmark=gfx40&test=547&text-filter=&order=median&ff-desktop=true&ff-lmobile=true&ff-smobile=true&os-Android_gl=true&os-custom_gl=true&os-iOS_gl=true&os-iOS_metal=true&os-Linux_gl=true&os-OS_X_gl=true&os-OS_X_metal=true&os-Windows_dx=true&os-Windows_gl=true&pu-dGPU=true&pu-iGPU=true&pu-GPU=true&arch-ARM=true&base=device

Around the Network

Exactly 1 month until full Switch reveal with all lineup of games. :D

Hypeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hypeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

Your seriously  hypes for that?

Wauw

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hypeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

Your seriously  hypes for that?

Wauw

Do you think it's somehow unusual to be hyped for instance for 3D Zelda, 3D Mario and console Pokemon!?

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hypeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

You missed Pikmin 4. ;)