Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, exactly 1 month before full Switch reveal

Hyped?

Hype! 124 59.62%

Too early. 36 17.31%

Nah.. 48 23.08%

Total:208
DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well I don't think Nintendo would make live presentation in first place if they are doing only one hour presentation, that too much recources for just one hour presentation and definatly not evrething could fit in just one hour. We had Switch trailer where focus was on what exatly is Switch and Switch concept, evrething else (other Switch features and possibilities, details, specs, lineup of games, 3rd party games, pricing, date of launch and launch lineup...) will be talked on full reveal on 12. January. You can't really do all that with live presentation in only just one hour, especially if you consider that just last few Nintendo E3 NDs were around 50 min.

Nintendo said that Wii U is not ending in week in which Eurogamer said its ending, and they were right about that, because Nintendo Japan 2 weeks later said it will soon be ending.

But point is they dont want to talk about Switch at all before 12. January, soon it will begin holiday season and New year and their focus for that time is to sell 3DS and Pokemon and other currently available products not to talk about Switch, thats why they set 12. January for full reveal not partial reveal, but after 12. January they will have some specific NDs until launch but dont expect any before 12. January.

It seems too little, but it's how they have done until now.
And remember one thing, 5 months after the January presentation they will have E3. So, they will probably focus the most of it's presentation on just launch games and have E3 reveal the rest of the line-up and future games.

Not to mention that, like it happened before, only a few games will have a bigger presence on stage, while other games will just be shown through a trailer and some talk about it.

I'm not against the idea of specific NDs to better explain luanch games, btw.
Even the presentation lasts about 2 hours, you can bet they won't focus too much on each game.

Yes, Eurogamer was "wrong" for a couple of weeks, but that doesn't mean the decision wasn't being planned way before. This is the type of situation that takes time to evaluate.
Nintendo knew this and obviously denied it, because, like always, they want to be the ones who reveal (specially after having details settled down).

January 12th is a Wednesy. Having a pre-ND the Sunday before it (on the 9th) doesn't change Nintendo's message.

I also dont think they will focus on each game too much, agree they will have more detiels on some key games (Zelda BotW, 3D Mario some 3rd party exclusive..), while for rest of games we will have just trailers, and they mostly will be showing games that will be out in 1st 6 months. And after 12. January we could easily have at least one ND for games or few NDs for specific games, but having ND for instance with games before 12. January and full reveal doesnt make any sense.

Nintendo of course denied because that info wasn't true (that specifk week) and Nintendo was right about that.

Having ND before full reveal on 12. January doesn't really make sense, any you should not expect something like that.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

It seems too little, but it's how they have done until now.
And remember one thing, 5 months after the January presentation they will have E3. So, they will probably focus the most of it's presentation on just launch games and have E3 reveal the rest of the line-up and future games.

Not to mention that, like it happened before, only a few games will have a bigger presence on stage, while other games will just be shown through a trailer and some talk about it.

I'm not against the idea of specific NDs to better explain luanch games, btw.
Even the presentation lasts about 2 hours, you can bet they won't focus too much on each game.

Yes, Eurogamer was "wrong" for a couple of weeks, but that doesn't mean the decision wasn't being planned way before. This is the type of situation that takes time to evaluate.
Nintendo knew this and obviously denied it, because, like always, they want to be the ones who reveal (specially after having details settled down).

January 12th is a Wednesy. Having a pre-ND the Sunday before it (on the 9th) doesn't change Nintendo's message.

I also dont think they will focus on each game too much, agree they will have more detiels on some key games (Zelda BotW, 3D Mario some 3rd party exclusive..), while for rest of games we will have just trailers, and they mostly will be showing games that will be out in 1st 6 months. And after 12. January we could easily have at least one ND for games or few NDs for specific games, but having ND for instance with games before 12. January and full reveal doesnt make any sense.

Nintendo of course denied because that info wasn't true (that specifk week) and Nintendo was right about that.

Having ND before full reveal on 12. January doesn't really make sense, any you should not expect something like that.

The ND before the big presentation doesn't need to focus, necessarily, on games.
It could just about MyNintendo and some kind of reward program, online accounts and how you'll retrieve games you bought on Wii U (this is important because there is no BC), Miiverse, social features, how you'll integrate mobile games with Switch and other stuff.
Of course, if it was me, i would rather have Nintendo taking some time to discuss the coming Wii U ports so that the presentation is really about new games (better for the Switch presentation as a new device and not a port machine).

I'm sorry, but i can't see Nintendo, in two weeks time (from denying to confirming) deciding something of that magnitude. Specially if you take into consideration that Reggie confirmed that this last Wii U shipment was the last. That is something you discuss with retailers way before.

Overall, what i'm expecting is Nintendo to do a pre-presentation ND like they did with Wii U. Nothing special. Just clear stuff out of the way for the actual presentation.

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

The ND before the big presentation doesn't need to focus, necessarily, on games.
It could just about MyNintendo and some kind of reward program, online accounts and how you'll retrieve games you bought on Wii U (this is important because there is no BC), Miiverse, social features, how you'll integrate mobile games with Switch and other stuff.
Of course, if it was me, i would rather have Nintendo taking some time to discuss the coming Wii U ports so that the presentation is really about new games (better for the Switch presentation as a new device and not a port machine).

I'm sorry, but i can't see Nintendo, in two weeks time (from denying to confirming) deciding something of that magnitude. Specially if you take into consideration that Reggie confirmed that this last Wii U shipment was the last. That is something you discuss with retailers way before.

Overall, what i'm expecting is Nintendo to do a pre-presentation ND like they did with Wii U. Nothing special. Just clear stuff out of the way for the actual presentation.

Again doesnt make sense to talk about any features of Switch before actualy full reveal of Switch with live presentation, espacily when we know how Nintendo is managing whole Switch thing (first showing console 5 months before launch and full reveal only 2.5 months before launch).

Eurogamer said Wii U production is ending this week, Nintendo release statement that isnt true (and they were right about that), two weeks later Nintendo Japan saying Wii U production is ending soon. Nothing is strange here.

You cant really compare Wii U with Switch because they talked and show some Wii U staffs 1.5 year before launch, situation with Switch is completely opposite. They had one Switch trailer and in 12. January we will have full reveal, we will not have any Switch ND between.

spurgeonryan said:
onionberry said:
I expect an exclusive game from Marvel

I would not mind a game on each marvel movie. A Batman vs superman game would have been fun too. To bad those days are over. Now movie games go to mobile and they call it a day. Just think of all the fun that could be had , if made decent, with those games!

Another Batman game? Maybe?

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

Again doesnt make sense to talk about any features of Switch before actualy full reveal of Switch with live presentation, espacily when we know how Nintendo is managing whole Switch thing (first showing console 5 months before launch and full reveal only 2.5 months before launch).

Eurogamer said Wii U production is ending this week, Nintendo release statement that isnt true (and they were right about that), two weeks later Nintendo Japan saying Wii U production is ending soon. Nothing is strange here.

You cant really compare Wii U with Switch because they talked and show some Wii U staffs 1.5 year before launch, situation with Switch is completely opposite. They had one Switch trailer and in 12. January we will have full reveal, we will not have any Switch ND between.

You were right, Eurogamer implied that. I didn't see that.
Still, if you read the comments, they denied it but couldn't say that they were already planning it.
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-denies-the-wii-u-production-is-ending-this-wee-1788479584

I guess we won't agree on this!  :D
Still, i still see as OK Nintendo doing something before the presentation.
Nintendo has always had shorter live presentations and, i believe, for a reason.

Even if Nintendo talked about Wii U in 2011, they still had a ND before E3 in 2012. Why then?

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

You were right, Eurogamer implied that. I didn't see that.
Still, if you read the comments, they denied it but couldn't say that they were already planning it.
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-denies-the-wii-u-production-is-ending-this-wee-1788479584

Even if Nintendo talked about Wii U in 2011, they still had a ND before E3 in 2012. Why then?

I guess we won't agree on this!  :D
Still, i still see as OK Nintendo doing something before the presentation.
Nintendo has always had shorter live presentations and, i believe, for a reason.

We talking about multi billion company, they just deny that, they didn't want to talk about that yet.

I already wrote they managing Switch completely different than Wii U and that's very obvious.

We definitely don't agree about this. :)   For me it doesn't make any sense to make any ND before 12. January and full reveal, espacily if we know how much difrent they managing Switch from Wii U and other Nintendo consoles, and fact Nintendo said they want talk about Switch before 12. January (we can offcourse expect just some PR talk).

bunchanumbers said:
zorg1000 said:

Well an easy solution is don't lend expensive things to people you don't trust and like I said, if someone wants to steal something they will go through with the trouble of unplugging a few cables.

I just don't see how such a small problem like that justifies nearly a month of constant complaining and being the deciding factor whether you will buy it or not.

No offense but what I do with my consoles is none of your concern. I don't give you crap for what you do with your possessions do I?

Well, you do realize that this is a forum, right? The whole point is discussion, so obviously if you make posts like you do there are going to be people that will respond to you. I find your rationale for not wanting to get it very bizarre, so it's not surprising that there's others who do as well.

Miyamotoo said:

We talking about multi billion company, they just deny that, they didn't want to talk about that yet.

I already wrote they managing Switch completely different than Wii U and that's very obvious.

We definitely don't agree about this. :)   For me it doesn't make any sense to make any ND before 12. January and full reveal, espacily if we know how much difrent they managing Switch from Wii U and other Nintendo consoles, and fact Nintendo said they want talk about Switch before 12. January (we can offcourse expect just some PR talk).

That was my point: Nintendo haven't always told the truth (kinda expectable, though).

Yeah, for sure not agreeing! :)
It's true that they want to treat Switch in a different way than they did with Wii U. But a ND before presentation is not against that.
They won't treat everything differently - they are doing a live presentation, just like with Wii U.

It's not something that changes how they will treat Switch. It's the difference between packing a presentation with more boring parts (too much talk and less action (as in games)) or taking out the less exciting stuff (presenting it in another way) and keep the presentation short and sweet.

Let me repeat this, not having a ND won't shock me. This is just me looking at Wii U and thinking that they have too much stuff to talk about for a single presentation and thinking that they could split all that stuff between a ND and a presentation. To me, it seems more efficient.

I hope we see a Nintendo more akin to the one we used to know in the 90's and early 00's, a Nintendo with balls, I hope Kimishima brings that back.

Remember the third party support Gamecube? Factor 5 with rogue leader., the Capcom 5 deal, the return of SE with Final fantasy with the Crystal Bearers, Sega porting Skies of Arcadia and Sonic adventure 2. Ubisoft with Prince of persia, XIII, BGE, Rayman, EA bringing all EA sports games on the system.

That's the kind of thing the Switch needs.

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

That was my point: Nintendo haven't always told the truth (kinda expectable, though).

Yeah, for sure not agreeing! :)
It's true that they want to treat Switch in a different way than they did with Wii U. But a ND before presentation is not against that.
They won't treat everything differently - they are doing a live presentation, just like with Wii U.

It's not something that changes how they will treat Switch. It's the difference between packing a presentation with more boring parts (too much talk and less action (as in games)) or taking out the less exciting stuff (presenting it in another way) and keep the presentation short and sweet.

Let me repeat this, not having a ND won't shock me. This is just me looking at Wii U and thinking that they have too much stuff to talk about for a single presentation and thinking that they could split all that stuff between a ND and a presentation. To me, it seems more efficient.

But fact is that in this point they said true, they said Eurogamer article was wrong and that's a true.

How handling Switch is totally different than how they handheld Wii U, Wii U was on 2 E3s before launch, Switcj had first unveil 5 months before launch and after that will have full reveal just 2.5 monts before launch, and not single one E3 presentation before launch.

They can pack all in one presentation and that presentation still be intresting, and Nintendo will definitely talk about borrowing staffs too much. Again when you organise big live presentation in Tokyo center, there is no sense to make all that just for short presentation, even Nintendos E3 NDs that had only games were around 50m and they were prerecorded. They will talk most important staffs at full presentation, about less important staffs and details about staffs from presentation they will talk after full reveal, not before.