By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2016 - Finish Your Lists!!

Farsala said:
Darashiva said:

Not quite. This one came out a few years after Dark Cloud 2.

Now I guess Rogue Galaxy.

That's the one.

Around the Network
Entropio said:
Darashiva said:
Well, here's a few hints.

#50 A divisive entry in a long running JRPG series. The director left the project during production of the game.
#49 A cult PS2 JRPG from Level 5.
#48 Sometimes there is a second game coming, sometimes not, at the moment there apparently is.

50: Final Fantasy XII

48: Beyond Good and Evil.

Both correct

#14: Gunfighter (US name: Showdown in 2100AD) as guessed by Veknoid_Outcast

Though not really a game that should be in a list containing the 50 best video-games ever made, I'm including it because of it's monumental importance to my early gaming life. In fact, the first five games in my list have such an importance, and are listed because they deserve to be mentioned. No doubt, without each of these five games, I wouldn't have been here today. There two more games that have this importance, but those games are further down the list and actually do deserve to genuinely be among the greatest games ever made.

'#14:Gunfighter', games were numbered back then and developed in-house by console makers, is an arcade shooter that puts two players opposite each other and has one try to shoot the other. Each round each player gets six bullets, but the trees in between each player reflect them. Players can move up and down to dodge the opponents fire and to get into position to shoot themselves.

As I mentioned this game is important to me, because it's likely the first game I ever played. There's two other contestants though. I played it on my mother's old 2nd Generation video-game system; Videopac G7000 by Phillips, known as the Magnavox Odyssey2 outside Europe. Interestingly, due to the primitive graphics, the concept for both versions was totally different due to different names and box-arts. Europeans thought they were dueling in the Wild West, while Americans thought they were robots in the future. Old games like these are surprisingly fun even today, because of their simplicity. Like the Atari 2600, the G7000 controller only had one button. In this game, that button made your character shoot. What more do you need?

Hint #49: This game is a clone of a more well known game that was released on the NES. In it, the player puzzles by creating and destroying blocks to gather keys and items to complete each level.

Hints for about a week worth of games:

49. The second game in an ongoing  series of platformers, this is the one that introduced the protagonist's signature ability.

48. A beloved horror staple from a now hated publisher.

47. An FPS as well known for its ensuing memes as much as its innovative gameplay.

46. A grand strategy game that paradoxically showed off a fairly dated historic era with a new game engine.

45. A well-liked sidescrolling action game that started a series today better known for its RPG elements and exploration.

44. An indie platformer with primitive graphics, an unspeakably good soundtrack, and a literally unspeakable title.

43. An team-based shooter from a dev known for their light-hearted simulation games.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

#50 - "I set a trap and you sprung it gloriouslyyyy"

Hint 2 - The first game in a series of 4 main games, but the developer of this has only made 3 of them.

Hint 3 - A spin-off of this series recently went VR.

#50. Sonic Colors (Wii)

If there is one Sonic game I can fully enjoy from beginning to end, is this one. From its beautiful and creative levels, its fantastic soundtrack is all quite a joyride. Also helps that I don't need to deal with some god monster, or Sonic trying to have a serious plot. The controls are also my favorite from the series, the double jump coming quite handy with Sonic's floatiness to make landing more precise, also making water levels fun in these games. Overall my favorite Sonic game.

50- Vanquish

Probably one of the best Clover/PG games ever created. It's one of those games where it's impossible to get bored due to how damn intense everything is! It also has awesome visuals and a badass OST.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Salnax said:

Hints for about a week worth of games:

49. The second game in an ongoing  series of platformers, this is the one that introduced the protagonist's signature ability.

48. A beloved horror staple from a now hated publisher.

47. An FPS as well known for its ensuing memes as much as its innovative gameplay.

46. A grand strategy game that paradoxically showed off a fairly dated historic era with a new game engine.

45. A well-liked sidescrolling action game that started a series today better known for its RPG elements and exploration.

44. An indie platformer with primitive graphics, an unspeakably good soundtrack, and a literally unspeakable title.

43. An team-based shooter from a dev known for their light-hearted simulation games.

49. Kirby's Adventure?

48. Silent Hill?

49. Our favorite plumber surprisingly has an academic education as well
48. The second installment in the flagship franchise of one of the console companies. This time you visit Earth!
47. The first entry in an FPS franchise that started in WW2, then moved to modern age and now seem to have been abandoned by the franchise holder.
46. Second installment in one of the classic franchises of 2D platforming. This sees the introduction of our hero's sidekick.
45. Third best selling platformer of all time