By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2016 - Finish Your Lists!!

50- Ass Creed Brotherhood:

Refined and improved upon Ass Creed 2, the series high point for me

I can't think of a good clue for my 49, because it's just a racing game from a while back

Around the Network
Vinther1991 said:
49. Our favorite plumber surprisingly has an academic education as well
48. The second installment in the flagship franchise of one of the console companies. This time you visit Earth!
47. The first entry in an FPS franchise that started in WW2, then moved to modern age and now seem to have been abandoned by the franchise holder.
46. Second installment in one of the classic franchises of 2D platforming. This sees the introduction of our hero's sidekick.
45. Third best selling platformer of all time

49. Dr. Mario?

48. Halo 2?

47. Medal Of Honor

46. Donkey Kong Country 2

45. Super Mario Bros. 3?

KLXVER guessed it, it is Pokemon Ranger 2... Shadows of Almia. Now, the story between me and this game is kinda cool. The original Pokemon Ranger was my second DS game, and as an 8 year old I was completely dissapointed. What kind of Pokemon game was this? You don't train, catch or battle Pokemon? This sucks! So I didn't play it much, until one day I played through all of it and thought "Ok, maybe it's not too bad". Flashforward a few years later, and I'm in USA walking around with my mom during vacation, we walk to a GameStop and I see a new Pokemon Ranger! I was so excited! But why? I didn't really like the original... I ended up getting it some day and man did I love it!

Now, Pokemon Ranger is in my opinion the most anti-Pokemon spin-off. You don't catch or train Pokemon, you "befriend" them. Without going into too much detail, you can temporarily use them for field moves or help you befriend other Pokemon (with the exception of a few Pokemon that are always with you). Compared to the the main games, it's simple and fun, but there's not much depth to it. Shadows of Almia changed that. A new, bigger world, with houndreds of more Pokemon, it expanded on the original so much and so well. One of the few cases where the sequel doesn't just complicate core gameplay, but also makes it houndreds of time better.

More characters (some of them returning, which fits into the lore very well), more areas, more Pokemon, special events, new moves, a much better story, longer game. Everything about it is awesome. And unlike the main Pokemon games, catching all in Pokemon Ranger is fun and easy. It's based on exploration and your own ability to capture them, rather than mindless trading, breeding or checking online how the evolve Pokemon. Overall, a fantastic game that I should have put higher on the list

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

KLXVER said:

49. Dr. Mario?

48. Halo 2?

47. Medal Of Honor

46. Donkey Kong Country 2

45. Super Mario Bros. 3?

49. Correct

48. Correct

47. Correct

46. Nope.

45. Correct franchise, wrong game

Hint #50: This is the fifth game in a franchise where you get to chose between three wives.
Hint #49: This is the eighth game in a franchise where you play as two twins where you can chose the path of either twin around halfway through the game.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network
CWegzz said:
Hint #50: This is the fifth game in a franchise where you get to chose between three wives.
Hint #49: This is the eighth game in a franchise where you play as two twins where you can chose the path of either twin around halfway through the game.

49 is Sacred stones.

Hint #50 Its the one after the controvertial one, in the series where you shout objection.

Hint #49: It started it all OBJECTION!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
CWegzz said:

49 is Sacred stones.

Hint #50 Its the one after the controvertial one, in the series where you shout objection.

Correct.

50:  Phoenix Wright:  Ace Attorney:  Dual Destinies

49:  Phoenix Wright:  Ace Attorney

#50 - "I set a trap and you sprung it gloriouslyyyy"

Hint 2 - The first game in a series of 4 main games, but the developer of this has only made 3 of them.

Hint 3 - A spin-off of this series recently went VR.

Hint 4 - This game might be the Bane of someones existence.

Come on people! Is it really this hard or do people not really care about this anymore?

CWegzz said:
uran10 said:

49 is Sacred stones.

Correct.

50:  Phoenix Wright:  Ace Attorney:  Dual Destinies

49:  Phoenix Wright:  Ace Attorney

Correct on both

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

KLXVER said:
#50 - "I set a trap and you sprung it gloriouslyyyy"

Hint 2 - The first game in a series of 4 main games, but the developer of this has only made 3 of them.

Hint 3 - A spin-off of this series recently went VR.

Hint 4 - This game might be the Bane of someones existence.

Come on people! Is it really this hard or do people not really care about this anymore?

Batman Arkham Asylum