By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm feeling the Switch will struggle to sell 10 million units.

Jranation said:
Zelda and Pokemon and Mario!

Don't forget Splatoon. Also, Dragon Quest XI.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
zuvuyeay said:

portable "console Mario" will have to go some to get over the N64 numbers,surely most casuals already game on the go these days on pads,pods and what not

what exactly are you saying here?

consoles need casuals to sell well is the gist

Above & Beyond

Who knows, I personally think it'll do pretty solid numbers of it's lifetime. (At least 20-30 million)

Edit: I keep forgetting it's more handhled than home console; so up that 20-30 million to 40-50 million, so long as the price isn't overkill that is. 

Hard to say one way or the other. I admit that I am not personally excited about the system, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

I'm rooting for it to do respectable numbers. Competition is good!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

I'm feeling the Switch will struggle to sell 10 million units.

And this is coming from someone who owns a Wii U and 3ds, I just don't know anybody (including me) that isn't that psyched for the Switch.

I know people are going to say "Well I am" and yes I'm sure plenty of people online are hyped for it, but nobody in my town even really knows what a Switch is and those that do don't care for it. 

Not anything over 10m?  Without even knowing the price?  Because you and your friends don't like it?  
LOL.  Don't quit your day job.

zuvuyeay said:
zorg1000 said:

what exactly are you saying here?

ok, the wording confused me a bit

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
zuvuyeay said:

is the switch replacing nintendo handhelds some people seem to think it is being a hybrid,i can't believe that until i see it official

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
zorg1000 said:

is the switch replacing nintendo handhelds some people seem to think it is being a hybrid,i can't believe that until i see it official

It is a hybrid. You can watch the official trailer.

I said it will struggle to sell 40m. Its price will be its biggest hurdle. I'm thinking it will sell for $399.