By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm feeling the Switch will struggle to sell 10 million units.

I mean, even with how much I've bashed the Switch for it's rumored space issues, I think that it's guaranteed to sell at least 30m units as long as it has mainline Pokemon.

Well, this is new.

Read.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I mean, even with how much I've bashed the Switch for it's rumored space issues, I think that it's guaranteed to sell at least 30m units as long as it has mainline Pokemon.

I don't even think it needs Pokemon for that, so long as it has a lot of great games (and Zelda is an excellent start).  It mainly needs a marketing campaign written by someone who isn't either drunk or suffering from a near-fatal head injury.  The Wii U could have been a 4 by 4 inch cube with the power of 3 PS4s and would have struggled for success with the trainwreck of uninformative, clumsy, generic, sometimes even outright embarrassing adds that the Wii U had.  If Nintendo screws that up again the Switch will struggle.  So far looks like they have that going in the right direction, but we'll see.  

Ck1x said:
GProgrammer said:
It should sell 10 million but struggle to reach 20 Million. It will do well in Japan but its just the other 100 plus countries that it will struggle in.

I understand people are being cynical but you guys do realize that the 3ds has sold just as many units in the western market share as it has in Japan. yes Japan is more mobile/portable centric, but to say that the Switch would only be popular in Japan because of portability factor is shortsighted! 

If this device gets Pokémon on it everyone will know about this device... I still remember people saying that Pokémon GO would die completely after a month, but it's still one of the top grossing apps and has drawn much attention to the mainline series. 

ya people seem to ignore that 3DS has sold close to 40 million outside of Japan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

We _need_ to talk about this.

Jranation said:
Zelda and Pokemon and Mario!

Don't forget Splatoon. Also, Dragon Quest XI.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
zuvuyeay said:

portable "console Mario" will have to go some to get over the N64 numbers,surely most casuals already game on the go these days on pads,pods and what not

what exactly are you saying here?

consoles need casuals to sell well is the gist

Above & Beyond

Who knows, I personally think it'll do pretty solid numbers of it's lifetime. (At least 20-30 million)

Edit: I keep forgetting it's more handhled than home console; so up that 20-30 million to 40-50 million, so long as the price isn't overkill that is. 

Hard to say one way or the other. I admit that I am not personally excited about the system, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

I'm rooting for it to do respectable numbers. Competition is good!

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

I'm feeling the Switch will struggle to sell 10 million units.

And this is coming from someone who owns a Wii U and 3ds, I just don't know anybody (including me) that isn't that psyched for the Switch.

I know people are going to say "Well I am" and yes I'm sure plenty of people online are hyped for it, but nobody in my town even really knows what a Switch is and those that do don't care for it. 

Not anything over 10m?  Without even knowing the price?  Because you and your friends don't like it?  
LOL.  Don't quit your day job.