By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm feeling the Switch will struggle to sell 10 million units.

While I can't imagine the Switch will do what the DS or Wii did, I think a unified library has the potential to do more for it than people realize...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Nogamez said:
Well I can't see japan just abondoning pokemon and MH etc can you. That's all it needs really just a mainstream pokemon and bam it's gonna sell.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222162&page=1#

Yeah I still don't see the Japanese buying MH ps4 or lol xbox one over mobile switch version do you

Nogamez said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222162&page=1#

Yeah I still don't see the Japanese buying MH ps4 or lol xbox one over mobile switch version do you

Handheld market is a stronghold in Japan for Nintendo, but this won't help Switch in the West either if what Capcom is implying goes through.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

25-80 million is the range I'll give it.

well should do better then wii U at least. A last hurrah before nintendo goes the way of sega making software only for PC/ phones / xbox.

they might not include sony because sony is the one that took them out back in the day.

Around the Network

If it is what we think it is, a combined library and the only thing Nintendo releases this gen, it will sail past 10m.

I think it could even sell that much in Japan alone. Mario, Zelda, Monster Hunter and Pokemon all in one place will ensure it flies off shelves there

qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

And this is coming from someone who owns a Wii U and 3ds, I just don't know anybody (including me) that isn't that psyched for the Switch.

I know people are going to say "Well I am" and yes I'm sure plenty of people online are hyped for it, but nobody in my town even really knows what a Switch is and those that do don't care for it. 

How can you make a prediction without knowing the price?  

If the Switch sells for $499, then 10MM units sounds optimistic.  If it sells for $199, it'll do 50MM or more.  It will likely launch at $299 or so, in which case it would probably land somewhere between those numbers.  

onionberry said:
I just find crazy how people could say this without all the info and more important, info about the games, that's why we buy consoles, games.

Exactly.  We don't have anywhere near enough information to make predictions.  Right now, we're just guessing.  

VAMatt said:
onionberry said:
I just find crazy how people could say this without all the info and more important, info about the games, that's why we buy consoles, games.

Exactly.  We don't have anywhere near enough information to make predictions.  Right now, we're just guessing.  

Its always just guessing.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Let's talk about this next year...

This.