By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm feeling the Switch will struggle to sell 10 million units.

I just find crazy how people could say this without all the info and more important, info about the games, that's why we buy consoles, games.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
I just find crazy how people could say this without all the info and more important, info about the games, that's why we buy consoles, games.

Absolutely correct. We play games, not sales or hardware specs. Can you believe, there are even people making whole threads about RAM and stuff as if that matters more than the games. smh

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

And this is coming from someone who owns a Wii U and 3ds, I just don't know anybody (including me) that isn't that psyched for the Switch.

I know people are going to say "Well I am" and yes I'm sure plenty of people online are hyped for it, but nobody in my town even really knows what a Switch is and those that do don't care for it. 

To be fair we had just one Switch video, full reveal with games and actual marketing will be/start in January.

Fact that Switch first video online is very well received is very positive.

It all depends on price. If it's anything over 200 it will be a massive flop. If they sell it for 200 dollars they'll make a less, and go bankrupt. since they're selling it not at a loss, then the console itself should be around 300ish in which case it will flop.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

If the xbox one or regular ps4 drops below 300 dollars that will put the final nail in the coffin for the switch imo. Xbox One and PS4 will have a bigger library of games, better online and that is where people friends already play on.

Around the Network
onionberry said:

Problem is that when it comes to "games" WiiU had all those Nintendo games and a relatively successful new one in Splatoon and look at how much the WiiU sold in spite of those games.

When it comes to Nintendo consoles, it seems like Nintendo's best case scenarios are reduced to doing something that will attract people who would otherwise not buy consoles, and that doesn't seem to be the case with the Switch.

The precedent dictates that if Nintendo doesn't accomplish what they did with the Wii, then they are destined to remain on the shadow of Sony console-sales-wise.

The thing that the Switch does have going on for it though I admit, is the promise that those handheld games from Nintendo will be on it, so you will have to buy Switch for Pokemon Fuschia, Monter Hunter, etc.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Well I can't see japan just abondoning pokemon and MH etc can you. That's all it needs really just a mainstream pokemon and bam it's gonna sell.

greencactaur said:
It all depends on price. If it's anything over 200 it will be a massive flop. If they sell it for 200 dollars they'll make a less, and go bankrupt. since they're selling it not at a loss, then the console itself should be around 300ish in which case it will flop.

You do realise that New 3DS XL has price of $200 and that is still selling!?

Expecting that Switch will have same price is totally unrealistic. Switch will have price of $249-299 and it will sell good with that price point.

Nogamez said:
Well I can't see japan just abondoning pokemon and MH etc can you. That's all it needs really just a mainstream pokemon and bam it's gonna sell.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222162&page=1#

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

While I can't imagine the Switch will do what the DS or Wii did, I think a unified library has the potential to do more for it than people realize...

Have a nice day...