By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is screwing those who bought a Wii U

t3mporary_126 said:
If the Switch gets a Xeno X 1080p remaster with bigger font text I might buy it earlier than expected.

With that idea... You're the hero we need, not the one we deserve.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:

Was the Wii-U really your first console ever? It must have certainly been your first Nintendo machine because the support for SNES - N64 - GC and Wii all dropped like a rock when their successor consoles were on the way, and rightly so because the only thing worse than a Gaming company we love launching an unpopular, un profitable console... would be if they were to stick with it until they closed their doors just to please some disgruntled person who only got 5 years out of a console.

N64/GC/Wii I'll grant you, but SNES?

From 1996 on it got Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country 3, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Harvest Moon, Street Fighter 2 Alpha, FIFA, NBA, Terranigma...

Nintendo didn't screw Wii U owners... Wii U owners screwed themselves.  There were all kinds of red flags about the console both before and immediately after launch, from the promised "unprecedented" 3rd party support being basically Ubisoft and nobody else, to not having a killer app at launch that defined the console the way Wii Sports did for the Wii.

On top of that, there was also the problem with the naming and marketing of the console itself, where from day 1 there was confusion as to whether or not the Wii U was an all-new console or some type of accessory to the existing Wii line.  The Switch is what the Wii U should have been, and if it wasn't possible for Nintendo to release a Switch-like console back in 2012, then they should have just continued fully supporting the Wii for the time being until the technology was ready for the Switch to be developed and produced in a cost-effective way.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Was the Wii-U really your first console ever? It must have certainly been your first Nintendo machine because the support for SNES - N64 - GC and Wii all dropped like a rock when their successor consoles were on the way, and rightly so because the only thing worse than a Gaming company we love launching an unpopular, un profitable console... would be if they were to stick with it until they closed their doors just to please some disgruntled person who only got 5 years out of a console.

From 1996 on it got Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country 3, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Harvest Moon, Street Fighter 2 Alpha, FIFA, NBA, Terranigma...

Star Fox 2 was almost complete though, then Nintendo absolutely pulled the rug out from under it and just harvested the project for parts and fed them into Lylat wars. As for the games you listed 2 of them are from Nintendo... at a stretch, SMRPG was from Square.

The SNES version of SFA2 was an amazing send off to the console though, considering it's running on a 2.79mhz processor... that game is just unnatural for how it runs on the SNES

Don't get me wrong Curl btw, I really do not want a company who would focus their efforts on a machine which is on the way out rather than looking to make their future console amazing, while I think the Nintendo way of moving on is harsh for the old gen machines, it gives you a reason to upgrade, when I got my N64 with Lylat wars and Mario 64 I was absolutely blown away and so was my SNES away from my TVs RF port! I am never a fan of having to go back and forth between gen machines for different games, that is why I am fine with remasters on next gen machines too, I was fine with paying out another 20e for Ultra Street fighter 4 on the PS4 just to save me having to bounce back to the X360 to play it on that console.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

We're complaining about something that *might* happen?

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
curl-6 said:

Star Fox 2 was almost complete though, then Nintendo absolutely pulled the rug out from under it and just harvested the project for parts and fed them into Lylat wars. As for the games you listed 2 of them are from Nintendo... at a stretch, SMRPG was from Square.

The SNES version of SFA2 was an amazing send off to the console though, considering it's running on a 2.79mhz processor... that game is just unnatural for how it runs on the SNES

I didn't realize you meant first party support only. Still, one can hardly accuse Nintendo of abandoning SNES too early.

curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I didn't realize you meant first party support only. Still, one can hardly accuse Nintendo of abandoning SNES too early.

Oh god no, not that they jumped ship early, the SNES was being pumped out by Nintendo for almost 10 years, like I said... for a console built around a 2mhz chip inside it, it was around far far longer than you would have expected thanks to great software and addon chips like the super fx chip and such.

I just meant that when the N64 was announced and launched their first party games moved there and in cases like Lylat wars / Star Fox 2 they picked up projects which were in the works for the SNES and done work to bring those into the 64bit world, which again I really think is the way to go, I mean... imagine if you were to buy a PS4 but then 1 year down the road Sony announced a massive first party title... for the PS3, like... would you not feel like a bigger derp for upgrading to a new console which then did not get a port of that game. Would just be insane to mistreat your early adopters.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

VAMatt said:
We're complaining about something that *might* happen?

People have been complaining about the next US president for the last 16 months (if not more) This shouldn't be that surprising :D

Ganoncrotch said:
curl-6 said:

Oh god no, not that they jumped ship early, the SNES was being pumped out by Nintendo for almost 10 years, like I said... for a console built around a 2mhz chip inside it, it was around far far longer than you would have expected thanks to great software and addon chips like the super fx chip and such.

I just meant that when the N64 was announced and launched their first party games moved there and in cases like Lylat wars / Star Fox 2 they picked up projects which were in the works for the SNES and done work to bring those into the 64bit world, which again I really think is the way to go, I mean... imagine if you were to buy a PS4 but then 1 year down the road Sony announced a massive first party title... for the PS3, like... would you not feel like a bigger derp for upgrading to a new console which then did not get a port of that game. Would just be insane to mistreat your early adopters.

Which is why for Nintendo's sake I hope 3DS is swiftly killed off once Switch releases. If this "unified library" is to come to fruitition, they're can't afford to have 3DS leeching off Switch.

Magnus said:

Wii U not only doesn't have an exclusive Zelda but now won't have an exclusive Smash Bros., or Mario Kart. This is completely unprecedented and means Wii U did not get the support Nintendo promised, but did a bait and switch on their most vocal supporters. Yet everyone is happy that they bought hard-earned cash on a worthless scam that the Wii U ended up being and even double-dipping on Switch games. Seriously, screw Nintendo and everyone who wants these ports on Switch. If it turns out Mario Kart 8, Splatoon and Smash Bros are ported to Switch, I won't buy it. I won't support a company who promised support then betray me.

Unfortunately, Nintendo took the Sony approach "The more you lie to your customers, the more they worship you".