By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is screwing those who bought a Wii U

alternine said:
Nintendo was screwing Wii U owners the day it was released knowing damn well they didn't have any games for it.

Which WiiU titles disappointed you, and why?

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
The games still exist on Wii U, they didn't take anything away from fans. If you played the game and enjoyed it on Wii U, I don't see how it affects you in any way that it exists on another Nintendo platform. Pretty sure people who bought the NES, SNES, N64, GBA, DS, or Wii aren't feeling burned that a lot of the high-profile software from those platforms are on Wii U.

This^

The Wii U was early access to the Switch. I'm cool with that.

on the flip side; how would you have felt if you had to have waited from 2008 till march 2017 for mario kart 8? seriously think about that. It's not like 8 came out this year. that would have been 9 years for the next mario kart. And to be quite honest, it looks more like a mario kart 9. more racers, double items and, presumably, more tracks. Seems dumb to call it mario kart 8 pt2 to me. I was pretty annoyed when the announcements for the 3ds ports of the wiiu games were made, but i'm feeling ok with this.

So if the Switch did not get the ports, would Nintendo have done you justice?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
You can bet your ass X will be remastered too.

That would be great for me because I never played X an I'm not interested on buying a Wii U at this point.

The OP is why I'm not buying a Switch.
My Wii U will be ran into the ground before I buy another mainline Nintendo home console. Fool me once...

I don't feel screwed tbh. I've played some of the games I consider the best in that console. And I think Nintendo tried, but the WiiU was a failure sales-wise. So I wasn't really expecting that they will continue to support a console which is pretty much done, and I prefer them to move on.

I can't care less about Switch ports. I've alreadly played them, so I don't know what's the big deal.

So... I guess Sony screwed over their  PS3 fans too? I mean, they got no exclusive Uncharted games, no exclusives from Quantic Dream, no exclusive Naughty Dog game, and no exclusive God of War.

Bastards.

I've made my peace with no exclusive Zelda. I'll never make peace with no Metroid. In the end, though, I had a great time with 20+ retail games I bought for the Wii U and I want to see Nintendo have a successful launch next gen, so they can afford to fully support the Switch. The Wii U will always be a bittersweet memory for me, but I had too much fun on the thing to be salty.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7