By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is screwing those who bought a Wii U

Areym said:
Shiken said:

No they are not. WiiU owners played them while they were new. Did MS screw over XBox owners by taking their games to PC? Or what about the Vita when their exclusives got ported to PS3 or PS4?

You are not entitled to the games on WiiU not getting remastered or a cross gen release. Anyone who thinks like that needs to get over themselves. The WiiU flopped, so it is smart of Nintendo to put them on their new console as well so more people can play them.

If you want to blame someone, blame other gamers for not buying the WiiU. But if you did that it would only be that much more evident how pointless this mindset is.

The people speak with their money and Nintendo did not produce a console that the market wanted (bad marketing, droughts, tablet, whichever the reason may be), especially when you have two far more enticing options, PS4 and XB1.

Bolded the rest of my point because you obviously did not read it right.  Otherwise you would have seen that you have basically proven what I was getting at.  😉

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I am not really happy with it but at least the wiiU support could have been worse if they released it on its 3rd or 4th year like some people were saying. If it wasn't for this portable situation, I wouldn't be buying it at launch but since I doubt they will be relasing a handheld (or at least, one that isn't a smaller SKU)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

My 30+ games completely contradicts your OP. I also consider both of those games you mentioned as exclusive plus the Mario games as well and many others like Splatoon.

Nonsense.

Keeping games from their owm platforms makes no sense.

They screwed Wii U owners by not meeting their software deadlines and by cutting support a year early. They'd be screwing themselves and their future if they didn't move Wii U software to NX. Wii U owners screwed themselves by picking up a system which never had a clear future of thorough 3Rd party support.

Nintendo screwed over N64 owners by porting over Animal Crossing to the GameCube. And said GameCube owners were screwed over by the New Play Control games.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
mutantsushi said:

Don't worry, I'm sure plenty of the crap Nintendo released for Wii U will never be ported or remastered.

Seriously, if you only get value from others NOT having what you have, you need to get help.
And exactly what is unusual about games releasing near the time of new console being cross-gen?
Are you claiming that you were literally expecting Nintendo to not ever release cross-gen games?

It sounds like your real problem with Wii U on it's own, how Nintendo handles Switch has nothing to do with it.
Wii U wasted it's hardware budget on unproductive gimmicks, and wasn't supported in software.
That's the problem, not that Nintendo will release cross-gen games like every other console maker does.
Or you are saying you would be happier if Nintendo launches their next console with a dearth of games?

Exactly, going with the OP logic i shouldn't get the movies i have in VHS and DVD on Blu Ray or Digital download cause they are screwing with me, even if the newer formats have better image resolution and clarity or restored sound, or some of the useless NES cartridges i have (battery died or were dropped from high places) cause they only are getting the cash from me, also they screwed the PS2 owners with all the remasters on PS3, and didn't The Last of Us remastered came out 1 or 1.5 years after the original one on PS3?, same for Tomb Raider and its defenitive edition?, are all the PS4 and XB1 owner also screwed?

jonathanalis said:
Im not feeling screwed by nintendo.
Ill just not buy the switch wii U remasters because i already have them on wii U, simple.

Im more upset by not delivered games, like 90 arcade, hat in a time, hollow knight, project cars, that were promised for wii U and are not there.

Being completely fair and unbiased (on my most hyped game of gen 8), A Hat in Time was never promised on Wii U! I believe Gears of Breakfast said they had spoken with Nintendo (and hoped) for a Wii U port, but it was very unlikely to happen. They even released a short video of AHiT running on a "console" (it was probably a PC with specs similar to a console. Nobody knows which, probably Wii U or XBO), and it ran like ass.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Shiken said:
Areym said:

The people speak with their money and Nintendo did not produce a console that the market wanted (bad marketing, droughts, tablet, whichever the reason may be), especially when you have two far more enticing options, PS4 and XB1.

Bolded the rest of my point because you obviously did not read it right.  Otherwise you would have seen that you have basically proven what I was getting at.  😉

I guess? I read the whole thing but I guess I didn't understood or read between the lines. I do agree that companies have the right to port whatever they want, it doesn't invalidate your original purchase, just exposing those games to hopefully a fresher and new audience.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I think it's time to move on...

Wow, whining over absolutely nothing.

Did you get mad when Nintendo made all GameCube games compatible with the Wii? Or how about the virtual console? Did you think you bought all those consoles for nothing?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.