By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is screwing those who bought a Wii U

This is what happens when a product sells poorly son.  I remember the dreamcast had a lot of saturn ports and arcade ports on it early on.

Around the Network
0D0 said:
Entropio said:

As somebody has said before, it was a safe bet a long, long time ago. Even SNES had games cancelled that could've appeared on it perfectly (Star Fox 2). The problem with WiiU is not the exclusivity loses, is that its catalogue has been lacklustre for many (not for me, I've enjoyed it a lot), and they are angry.

SNES is an extraordinary console. Wii U can't be written in a sentence with SNES in my opinion. What I mean is, Wii U is in a far worse situation. It failed, SNES didnt.

More or less thats what I mean. If WiiU had had a comparable catalogue to SNES nobody would worry about Switch receiving ports of its heavy-hitters. But WiiU situation has been terrible and many fans are angry.

Jranation said:
Does it also mean that Nintendo Screwed Wii and DS owners because the Wii U and the 3DS could play Wii games and DD games respectively?

Not really a fair comparison, Switch ports supposedly will have more content than the original Wii U games, the same can't be said about games playable through BC.

Nintendo screwed Wii U owners by giving it only two and a half years of decent support and delaying Zelda BotW until Switch was ready, the ports are hardly relevant as you always have the option to skip them.

So do those games not play as well now? 

Entropio said:
0D0 said:

Nintendo used to be a safe bet, not anymore and I agree that people expected at least GC level of support. Wii U is far worse.

As somebody has said before, it was a safe bet a long, long time ago. Even SNES had games cancelled that could've appeared on it perfectly (Star Fox 2). The problem with WiiU is not the exclusivity loses, is that its catalogue has been lacklustre for many (not for me, I've enjoyed it a lot), and they are angry.

Don't fall on this. Just because the minority is the most loudly, it doesn't make them the majority, keep that in mind.

Nintendo support are not a wonder and a flawless thing, but it is not the most atrocious thing as some trying to make look like. They are a bunch of drama queens and most of time their judgement skills have a small sense of logic.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:
Entropio said:

Don't fall on this. Just because the minority is the most loudly, it doesn't make them the majority, keep that in mind.

Nintendo support are not a wonder and a flawless thing, but it is not the most atrocious thing as some trying to make look like. They are a bunch of drama queens and most of time their judgement skills have a small sense of logic.

Exactly, internet is just full of drama queens and hidden haters (yeah, I have seen a lot of people without the console acting like they have one), all people I personally know with a WiiU are happy with it, the average gamer gets like 3-5 games per year, which is the average of great games per year than the console had.

160rmf said:
Entropio said:

Of course, when I talk about "many" I'm talking bout an "Internet level" (and even in internet is not the mayorityof Nintendo fans...)

Do you think Nintendo is screwing people who would buy Switch and Nintendo would launch those ported Wii U games? remember those are 2-x years-old games... so why would re-experience a recently made game?

it is up to the fans what to do with it. I'm a proud owner of Wii U and I'm fine with not getting a ton of new games with it. I wasn't a buyer of a ton of games anyway, I'm more of a gamer with a selected few (recently a ton) of games. but in the NES/Famicom, I would rarely get a lot of new games, mostly swap with my classmate but I only have maybe less than 20 games. People who are bitter about it, doesn't seem to understand the business point of view. I would just say, if you are tempted to buy a Nintendo console at the moment, try to wait for Switch since it is announced. unless you have a ton of money and wanted to buy both... :)