By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is screwing those who bought a Wii U

Dang right. We need to call out Nintendo on all this madness. NES doesnt have exclusives, SNES doesnt have exclusives, N64, even the Wii! This "Virtual Console" movement needs to be banned. How dare they release their own products!? Do they not understand the pureness, santity and eliteness that exclusivity pleasures my gaming libido with?? 

Thank god I can't play GameCube games cheaply or easily by them not being ported over to the Virtual Console. It feels so good being able to play Mario Sunshine on 15 year old CRTs. And don't even get me started on -whisper- emulation -shivers- the horror...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

The games still exist on Wii U, they didn't take anything away from fans. If you played the game and enjoyed it on Wii U, I don't see how it affects you in any way that it exists on another Nintendo platform. Pretty sure people who bought the NES, SNES, N64, GBA, DS, or Wii aren't feeling burned that a lot of the high-profile software from those platforms are on Wii U.

Im not feeling screwed by nintendo.
Ill just not buy the switch wii U remasters because i already have them on wii U, simple.

Im more upset by not delivered games, like 90 arcade, hat in a time, hollow knight, project cars, that were promised for wii U and are not there.

You can bet your ass X will be remastered too.

I don't think Nintendo did a bait and switch or intended to sell a console with no games. Why? Because they've historically been a very profitable company. They just bet wrong and decided to move on. And it's a good choice for them. Sad for the Wii-U owners, but the real thing that killed the Wii-U was the bad bet on a fat-ass tablet that could only be used as a second screen at the couch or as a primary screen 50 feet away while on the john.

Around the Network

By that logic Nintendo screwed over Wii owners by making all their games playable on Wii U from day one, and don't even get me started on Sony's constant remasters.

The silver lining is no one investing in a Nintendo console spent 4 or 5 hundred dollars at launch.

Not really sure what you think would have been a better alternative. I get that it isn't a great situation, but it is the situation Nintendo was forced into by poor sales.

Shiken said:

No they are not. WiiU owners played them while they were new. Did MS screw over XBox owners by taking their games to PC? Or what about the Vita when their exclusives got ported to PS3 or PS4?

You are not entitled to the games on WiiU not getting remastered or a cross gen release. Anyone who thinks like that needs to get over themselves. The WiiU flopped, so it is smart of Nintendo to put them on their new console as well so more people can play them.

If you want to blame someone, blame other gamers for not buying the WiiU. But if you did that it would only be that much more evident how pointless this mindset is.

The people speak with their money and Nintendo did not produce a console that the market wanted (bad marketing, droughts, tablet, whichever the reason may be), especially when you have two far more enticing options, PS4 and XB1.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

sundin13 said:
Not really sure what you think would have been a better alternative. I get that it isn't a great situation, but it is the situation Nintendo was forced into by poor sales.

That almost makes it sound like they're a victim (which is probably not what you meant), they have nobody to blame for themselves, just like MS has nobody to blame but themselves by fucking up so majorly hard during the reveal/concept of the XB1 that they lost the ground they had gained on Sony.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian