By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is screwing those who bought a Wii U

Magnus said:
Cobretti2 said:
How is this any different than all the PS3 remasters on PS4?

On another note the Wii U failed so hard it be silly not to remaster the games onto a new system to get more money for that software.

Most PS4 remasters were released at least 5 years after the games were released on PS4. Also, most PS3 games worth owning will never be remastered.

And since the Wii U failed there is more reason not to remaster the games. None of the games on Virtual Boy or 64DD were ever ported, most Gamecube games were not ported as well.

Those game would cost sweet fall to make compared to the new zelda and wii u games in general though. so it only makes sense.

Around the Network
Magnus said:

Wii U not only doesn't have an exclusive Zelda but now won't have an exclusive Smash Bros., or Mario Kart. This is completely unprecedented and means Wii U did not get the support Nintendo promised, but did a bait and switch on their most vocal supporters. Yet everyone is happy that they bought hard-earned cash on a worthless scam that the Wii U ended up being and even double-dipping on Switch games. Seriously, screw Nintendo and everyone who wants these ports on Switch. If it turns out Mario Kart 8, Splatoon and Smash Bros are ported to Switch, I won't buy it. I won't support a company who promised support then betray me.

First of all, Smash Bros. was never exclusive to the Wii U. The 3DS version is basically the same game with a few minor differences. Second of all, Zelda is still coming to the Wii U. Third, they never actually confirmed Mario Kart 8 is coming to Switch. For all we know,they could be making a new Mario Kart game. The same thing with Splatoon. Nintendo pretty much confirmed that most of the games sen in that trailer have not yet been consirmed for the Switch. Finally, where does everyone get this idea that you're somehow gatting "screwed over" if another console gets ports of the same games as the console you currently own...several years later? That's like saying Wii owners are getting screwed over because The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is now on the Wii U's Virtual Console. 

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Cobretti2 said:
How is this any different than all the PS3 remasters on PS4?

On another note the Wii U failed so hard it be silly not to remaster the games onto a new system to get more money for that software.

Because there are a lot of games for ps3 not being remastered. Because Sony supported ps3 for longer time. Id soy its more like ps4 to PS4Pro, same price as when the PS4 came out, but better graphics, power, hdd, etc

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

BasilZero said:

You might as well quit being a gamer since every platform ends up having titles remastered or ported out on successor systems one way or another.

Not so soon. You usually have to wait an entire console generation for a remaster, not two or three years.

You know, I've never fully parsed this logic. I understand the Zelda and 2016 lineup complaints, but how does porting a game to another platform zcrew you over? In the case of the Switch, you got access years in advance. In the case of the 3DS, the versions are usually inferior. And again, years of access before hand. If anything, you could call it a diservice to the Switch and 3Ds audiences since they aren't getting new games instead. I mean, that has its own logical faults, but it's at least more rational.

Also, the Switch ports aren't ven confirmed. And in the case of Kart I'm still not convijced it's not MK9. Wouldn't be the first time a "prrof of concept" unrepresentative clip teased a Kart game (remember the Double Dash announcement?). And the Splatoon footage looks like a sequel too. Just sayin.

Around the Network

It is not that man. The console failed. It happens, it is one of those things.
think about the people who bought the Virtual Boy, the Saturn, the Dreamcast, the 3DO. It is not like Nintendo did not try; They did what they could, but sometime you gotta let it go. =(

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

The thing is..... If I didn't bought those games on the Wii U when they released....... I'LL BE BORED AS FUCK!

I bought my Wii U like every last week of the term in High school! And FUCK! Everyone was having a good time! Games like:
- Super Smash
- MK8
- Nintendo Land
- MP10
- Wii Party U

Sooo as a Wii U owner..... I dont regret buying these before and would love it to be on the Switch for more people to experience how good these games are!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

alternine said:
Nintendo was screwing Wii U owners the day it was released knowing damn well they didn't have any games for it.

I came into this thread to write more or less exactly this. They screwed their cutsomers the moment the Wii U concept was stamped and approved.

Not much of an issue for me, I got my money's worth out of most of the games I got and I think I played the Wii U enough to justify how much I paid for it. If they want to remaster the whole library that's fine with me, it's not like I have to buy them.

It's completely valid and reasonable to be upset that Nintendo poorly managed Wii U software releases, in many respects. Too many droughts, and they missed the mark at launch, having mediocre software.

But I don't understand the attitude of "I had a bad experience, so I don't want anyone else to have a good experience, either" = "I'm not happy with Nintendo's Wii U releases, so I don't want Switch owners to be happy with these games, either."

That doesn't make any logical sense. Why do you care about someone else having the opportunity to enjoy a game that you yourself played?

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.