By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is screwing those who bought a Wii U

Good. Serves you right. No doubt you bought the Gamecube too.

You got your Pikmin, wtf are you crying about?

From now on, don't buy a console that Nintendo makes while they're under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

I don't feel bothered because i'm not buying the switch anytime soon, nor will i buy it because of those games.

Did Nintendo drop the ball though? Yeah, they sure did. Wich is the main reason why i'm not willing to invest in a switch early on (or at all, depending).

Magnus said:
BasilZero said:

You might as well quit being a gamer since every platform ends up having titles remastered or ported out on successor systems one way or another.

Not so soon. You usually have to wait an entire console generation for a remaster, not two or three years.

Even look at The Last of us or Bioshock infinite which came out in 2013-2014 and have now both received updated versions on the new systems/PC, but you complain about MK8 which launched in 2014 might have an updated version which might launch at some point after March of 2017 if the Switch launch date doesn't get pushed back, there is no 2 ways about it Last of us and Bioshock infinite had remasters out faster than MK8 had, even if it launches on Day 1 with the system (which is unlikely because a Nintendo system has never had an MK game on launch)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Wait, so let me get this straight. You feel betrayed because the Switch may be getting a few Wii U ports, even though none of that is confirmed, and a lack of a Zelda title, even though the Wii U is still getting it, meanwhile the NS may be getting as many, or more new games for the console? I think there's a lot of jumping the gun here.

Also, I guess no one was mad with the same thing was happening with the Vita and 3DS (Vita lost some of their exclusive games to the PS4, and the Wii U lost some to the 3DS)? Heck, even the PS3 lost a few titles to the PS4. I guess no one minded those either. Oh well, screw Nintendo and the Switch anyways.

Also, it just feels wrongs to shun people who want these ports, as some of them are non-Wii U owners, hoping they could skip the Wii U altogether.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Magnus said:

Wii U not only doesn't have an exclusive Zelda but now won't have an exclusive Smash Bros., or Mario Kart. This is completely unprecedented and means Wii U did not get the support Nintendo promised, but did a bait and switch on their most vocal supporters. Yet everyone is happy that they bought hard-earned cash on a worthless scam that the Wii U ended up being and even double-dipping on Switch games. Seriously, screw Nintendo and everyone who wants these ports on Switch. If it turns out Mario Kart 8, Splatoon and Smash Bros are ported to Switch, I won't buy it. I won't support a company who promised support then betray me.

You can always sell your WiiU and games and buy a PS4.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Okie_Loki said:
The OP is why I'm not buying a Switch.
My Wii U will be ran into the ground before I buy another mainline Nintendo home console. Fool me once...

Was the Wii-U really your first console ever? It must have certainly been your first Nintendo machine because the support for SNES - N64 - GC and Wii all dropped like a rock when their successor consoles were on the way, and rightly so because the only thing worse than a Gaming company we love launching an unpopular, un profitable console... would be if they were to stick with it until they closed their doors just to please some disgruntled person who only got 5 years out of a console.

I would think the real fans of Nintendo would be happy to see them move away from the failure that was the Wii-U unless you are just upset at yourself for not doing a little research into the system before buying it and now find yourself with a machine with a short life span left? because then I'd understand why you're upset, but it shouldn't be at Nintendo.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If the Switch gets a Xeno X 1080p remaster with bigger font text I might buy it earlier than expected.

I own a WiiU and Xbox One this gen. The U was never intended to replace my X1 so I'm not that upset I bought it. Luckily I got it cheap so it's no biggie. I'll tell you this though - I doubt I'll ever buy another Nintendo console again.

Areym said:
sundin13 said:
Not really sure what you think would have been a better alternative. I get that it isn't a great situation, but it is the situation Nintendo was forced into by poor sales.

That almost makes it sound like they're a victim (which is probably not what you meant), they have nobody to blame for themselves, just like MS has nobody to blame but themselves by fucking up so majorly hard during the reveal/concept of the XB1 that they lost the ground they had gained on Sony.

Uh... So what it the better alternative for Nintendo then?  Or what aspect of the situation described do you dispute?
Sundin never once stated Nintendo made no error, but the end result of the Wii U episode is before us in it's splendor.

BraLoD said:
Cloudman said:

Wait, so let me get this straight. You feel betrayed because the Switch may be getting a few Wii U ports, even though none of that is confirmed, and a lack of a Zelda title, even though the Wii U is still getting it, meanwhile the NS may be getting as many, or more new games for the console? I think there's a lot of jumping the gun here.

Also, I guess no one was mad with the same thing was happening with the Vita and 3DS (Vita lost some of their exclusive games to the PS4, and the Wii U lost some to the 3DS)? Heck, even the PS3 lost a few titles to the PS4. I guess no one minded those either. Oh well, screw Nintendo and the Switch anyways.

People sure made it about the Vita, a lot, the "no gaemz" started there.

PS3 is a whole different thing, was support heavy, was over the complete cycle and filled with a rich and plentiful library when the PS4 came and got some of its past games there as well, PS3 already had have its gen fullfilled.

I dunno if I could believe the people who made those claims on the Vita, as I feel most of them were just trollers anyways. : P Actual Vita owners seem fine with them.

Yeah, I agree with that with the PS3. Overall, I feel it's kinda silly to be upset with any new console if it gets some ports from the older console, well, as long as it gets new games as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread