By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The end of Touch Generations? Hasta la vista, stylus!

Will the Pen lead to Art Academy bring a 10 million sellers in their next game?!?! Stay tuned for next time on DRAGON. BALL. Z!!!

Dee da dee da da da da do da

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

New patent shows a stylus add-on for joycons... will the Touch Generations return in full force!?

Source

Even if this does not go through, we already had the passive Super Mario Maker 2 touch pen.

And remember that Brain Training came back a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5QusYYL9fs

Touch Generations never left ^^

This seems silly to me..... I doubt it beats out just useing your finger when its this big clumsy attachment thing to a Switch Joy-con.
Also to have to pull one of these off, and attach a pen thingy to it... instead of just useing your finger, which for alot of smaller tasks will probably work just as fine, its best described as "silly".

Switch isnt a work station, or something a professional graphics designer would use, so it doesnt need serious tools.
Avg joe smoe, and kids with a switch wont need such a device imo (which is the vast majority of switch owners).

That "brain training" switch kid app, where it showed a stylus with a cheaper Dr Mario clone.... could have been played with your fingers or joycon controllers just as well right?

Dulfite said:
Will the Pen lead to Art Academy bring a 10 million sellers in their next game?!?! Stay tuned for next time on DRAGON. BALL. Z!!!

Sometimes its possible to "over design" something.
That joy-con + stylus thingy looks like a monstrosity, that ll probably not even messure up to just useing your finger.

JRPGfan said:

This seems silly to me..... I doubt it beats out just useing your finger when its this big clumsy attachment thing to a Switch Joy-con.
Also to have to pull one of these off, and attach a pen thingy to it... instead of just useing your finger, which for alot of smaller tasks will probably work just as fine, its best described as "silly".

Switch isnt a work station, or something a professional graphics designer would use, so it doesnt need serious tools.
Avg joe smoe, and kids with a switch wont need such a device imo (which is the vast majority of switch owners).

That "brain training" switch kid app, where it showed a stylus with a cheaper Dr Mario clone.... could have been played with your fingers or joycon controllers just as well right?

The joycon stylus does seem bulky. Eitherway, the WiiU wasn't a work station still Miiverse and later Art Academy added some serious tools for some serious artists.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I used to have a girlfriend long ago, but not anymore so yeah, my touching days are over...

Oups, sorry I was thinking out loud. You did not read this!

Around the Network

You know if I necrobumped a three and a half year old thread, I'd get banned.

Snesboy said:

Have you ever read the Forum Rules?

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Dulfite said:

Haha.

The Art Academy software would be something I'd be interested in. I'm typically negative about the Wii U, but Art Academy was one of the 3 or 4 things on the console I actually enjoyed quite a lot.

I also really enjoyed the Brain Training games, and the model was hugely influential on gaming spawning off an entirely new genre with Casual Games (and I mean the actual genre of games where you play in few minute sessions at least once a day, and keep coming back to it over long periods of time; rather than the "game forum" version of it, which pretty much means games made for retarded people).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I actually enjoy the Sketch minigame from Game&Wario, one of the few titles that forces me to boot up the WiiU during Christmas.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
Snesboy said:

Have you ever read the Forum Rules?

I did about a decade ago.