By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More NX Hybrid + Two console idea confirmation?(video)

JustBeingReal said:
Miyamotoo said:

His statement definitely isn't clear.

It is, not his fault you have problems understanding English.

Yup, thats why I can buy PS4 Slim and Vita for $299, oh wait..

Do those share the same processing architecture? No they don't, Vita uses older tech that is made in much smaller volume than what would be required for system like I'm writing about, it would drive costs down significantly.

Your example isn't valid because of this fact, making your point moot.

Its almost certain that Zelda BotW will be NX launch title. I specifically said comparing between two Nintendo platforms for 3rd party sales, not comparing Nintendo platform and PS/MS platform, so you can compare sales of 3rd party games on Wii and GC for instance. Why PS4 has much better sales of 3rd party games than XB1, because twice bigger install base, that's my point. Who talking about dominating in 3rd party sales, lol!? I am just saying NX will have better sales of 3rd party games than worst selling Nintendo console ever (WiiU), because system will be much more popular and bigger instal base.

I was pretty sure that's what you wrote a few pages back, if not then my bad, I made a mistake there.

You're wording isn't clearly written, what you put read like you were saying that NX would sell more 3rd party games than PS4 and XB1, so you didn't mean that, fair enough, no need to keep going over that, but it's not a given that BOTW will automatically move masses of units of NX and sell more on that system, considering that many people probably already bought a Wii U to play the game it's not likely Zelda will drive sales on NX and it's also a core Nintendo game, not something that appeals to many that buy 3rd party games.

Nintendo needs to lure people who buy 3rd party to their systems in order to grow where they can and Zelda isn't going to be the game to do that, more likely it would be new IP that are made for that audience, then those people may decide to try other core Nintendo games, but they need fresh reasons to play Nintendo.

Emily from time to time give us some true leaks, SMD didn't give us nothing from that leak from one source at beginning of year, he had just one source and he lost it back then, from then he is just saying his opinions that are very often very unrealistic, like NX Polaris based and PS4 Pro killer.

I've never seen a legit leak from Emily, now if this was someone like Shinobi602 I can at least say he leaked Horizon, Days Gone and if I did further research he's probably released information about a bunch of other games that no one else has talked about before him, but Emily doesn't have that level of prestige, least of all to the point where she's proven she could really know about a completely new dedicated gaming platform.

Dave's information gels with Nintendo's past track record of making hardware as far as the vendor goes and BTW no he didn't say that NX would be a PS4 Pro beater in processing performance, Polaris based yeah, which makes sense given it's affordability and efficiency for console use.

Of Course they piggybacking and that they confirmed Eurogamer when they heard same thing. New Tegra can also be treated like industry leading chip and can easily be used for console space, especially for hybrid.

Piggybacking isn't providing an original leak, what I'm saying is that initial information seems to have come from the same place and it doesn't make any logical sense.

Tegra hasn't been used in the dedicated gaming device space, AMD are the industry leaders there.

Sure Tegra would be good, but Parker doesn't compare to modern consoles graphically, nore is it made for gaming, X1 is old and even less capable and neither of those are able to really run demanding 3rd party games, which Nintendo needs to sell hardware in any kind of meaningful way.

Morpheus tablet is just one new tablet and rearly who know about it, today you have on hundreds tablets on market, that cant be compared with new Nintendo dedicated gaming device at all.

Morphus is visually identical to Eurogamer's diagrams of NX, loads of people know about the Morphus now because of this whole NX comparison and the concept hasn'r resulted in a product that is blowing up in sales, even though it's been demo'ed well by the creators.

Of course Morphus can be compared to what Eurogamer claims NX is, it's an identical layout of hardware, tablet, dockable and it has detachable controllers.

Most likely Eurogamer were told that design is what NX looks like, the source could definitely have made mistakes or just be plain lying about how the system looks and works.

Nvidia haven't even said they're doing any business with a console manufacturer, it would be information that investors would need to know as it's big business, though I guess you're just going to use the argument that it would have to be under NDA, which is nonsense, because that kind of information isn't something that can be held back from the people that effect your companies value.

Lol, I dont have any problems to understand english, it's very obvious he is not so certain with his wording and have hard time explaining concept, and fact that people totally different interpreted his words proves that, one are saying this confirmation of hybrid and one are saying that he talking about separate handheld and separate console.

So you saying if they using same arhitecture cost will be 50% down!? Thats not true at all. Everything you wrote is not valid and you dont have not single fact, you make just your assumption that don't sound realistic at all.  Home console of power of PS4 and separate handheld together for $299 that will sell with profit with that price, is not realistic at all to expect that.

My words are very clear, you quote my first post where I talk about Wii U and NX 3rd party not about PS4/XB1, also I wrote few post ago about 3rd party sales: "just for record I talking about Wii U and NX, not about NX and PS4 or XB1 for instance". Of Course that NX will not sell even near XB1 numbers of 3rd party games.

No, actually it's given that great new Zelda, that is one most hyped Nintendo games ever, that easily won E3, like launch title for new Nintendo console, will move alone milion's of console. Wii U was mostly bought by hardcore Nintendo fans, and they will most likely bought Zelda on NX. Think about Zelda TP for GC and Wii. Zelda also attracts people that for instance don't like other Nintendo games. Like wrote, Zelda BotW is incompatible much stronger than any game Wii U had in its whole 1st year, and of course that Zelda BotW will not be only strong launch game.

Nintendo dont aiming to compete directly with NX with PS4/XB1 and for 3rd party, they aiming casuals, mobile users who want upgrade, Nintendo fans of course, and to be second console for PS4/XB1 owners, of course that nobody will buy NX or any Nintendo console to play 3rd party games on 1st place.

I stand that Emily from time to time give us some true leaks, SMD didn't have nothing from beginning of year when he lost source, after that he just saying his assumptions and thinking. He talked that NX will be stronger than PS4 and even maybe can be compete with PS4 Pro. Also his article proves that he dont have any info that he is just assuming and giving his opinion. https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/10/08/i-asked-youtube-personality-supermetaldave64-why-he-disagrees-with-my-nx-rumors/

Even if infos are from same source (but Eurogamer specifically said they confirmed their info from several different sources), fact that all reliable sources confirmed Eurogamer article, means they are certain in those infos and their own sources. And how no one single relible source did not come out and said Eurogamer article isnt true, instead we got just confirmations from multiple sources.

So what, Tegra can again be treated like industry leading chip. WSJ said "cutting edge technology" not technology with most power,  they basilcy talked about modern tehnology, that could be easily be Tegra X2. And offcourse same that WSJ confirmed Eurogamer article, so its obvious thats Nvidia.

Of Course that Morpheus will not sell great because it just another tablet on market with hundred of tablets available and with every day with new one coming out, most of consumers never heard specifically about Morpheus. We are here talking about new dedicated Nintendo console, not just about just onother tablet on very crowded market, you cant compare that at all. Only similarity with NX are detachable controllers, nothing more. Comparing Morpheus tablet with NX is similar like comparing Steam machine with XB1/PS4, even worse example because much more people are aware of Steam machine than Morpheus tablet.

Offcoures that EG could be wrong, but with all confirmations that seems not likely.

Nvidia actually can't say investitor nothing if are under specific NDA (for instance Nintendo asked that they basicly say nothing until they revile NX), and we know that NX NDA is very strong, still not one single official confirmation.

Around the Network

An other leaker

https://twitter.com/Rubyvolution

Amd for HC powerful like ps4 pro , DMP for HH

Akeos said:
An other leaker

* GPU Clock: 880 MHz 
* TMU's: 128 
* Stream Processors: 2048 
* ROP: 32 
* Memory Bus: 384

It smells like a 4-year old Radeon 7970/280X. Yuck. (They even stated prior it was old tech.)

Highly doubt it based on the memory bus alone.

Better off with something newer, cooler, more efficient and cheaper to manufacture to be honest.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Akeos said:
An other leaker

It smells like a 4-year old Radeon 7970/280X. Yuck. (They even stated prior it was old tech.)

Better off with something newer, cooler, more efficient and cheaper to manufacture to be honest.

Me too, Radeon rx 460 will be better in price,  Radeon rx 470 will be the best...  

It is the year 2016. For more than a year The NX has sat unknown on the Golden Throne of Nintendo's Headquarters. It is the Master of Gaming by the will of the fans, and home of a million games by the might of his inexhaustible developers. It is a hybrid console writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. It is the key hardware of Nintendo for whom a thousand rumours are created every day, so that it may never truly die.

Yet even in his unreleased state, the NX continues its eternal vigilance. Mighty fanboys cross the troll-infested miasma of the Internet, the only route between distant forums and blogs, their way lit by the leaks, the psychic manifestation of the NX's will. Vast armies give battle in its name on uncounted forums. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Rumour Makers, the Nintendo Leakers, bio-engineered super-leakers. Their comrades in arms are legion: the NX Guard and countless Pro-Nintendoforces, the ever vigilant Moderatorsand the Spec-priests to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from mobile gaming, haters, trolls - and worse.

To be a Nintendo fan in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody waiting times imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for it will never have cutting edge power, prefering to use cheap and weak hardware. Forget the promise of 3rd parties and multiplats, for in the grim dark future there is only Nintendo. There is no peace amongst the fans, only an eternity of flamewars and shitposting, and the laughter of thirsting trolls.

I'm so sick of waiting for NX news. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE TURNED ME INTO, NINTENDO!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

To be honest I think the system will be underwhelming as a piece of hardware. It's a whole lot of bruhaha over something that likely isn't going to be all that great hardware wise. 

Nintendo hasn't made a "great" piece of kit since the GameCube really, and even that was overshadowed by the XBox.

Making hardware is not Nintendo's strength. Their games are terrific, their hardware has been mediocre for a while, and even a lot of their "gimmicks" have not gained industry adoption.

Motion control is not the standard, neither is 3D LCD, nor is a game pad with a giant LCD screen on it. Touch gaming certainly took off, but arguably it's Apple's brand of multitouch/no button/capactive touch gaming that's the standard, not the DS/3DS resistive touch panel + stylus style.

This is not like the d-pad (industry standard), analog stick (industry standard), diamond button layout (industry standard), shoulder buttons (industry standard), rumble (industry standard), most of Nintendo's "gimmicks" from the Wii/DS/Wii U/3DS era have not become the standard, they are just that ... basically a lot of gimmicks that prove themselves to be fairly hollow additions after a few years. 

What will make the NX look great is when you see the next Mario on it, but the actual hardware itself ... meh. 

Pemalite said:
Akeos said:
An other leaker

Why do you have a problem with the memory bus?

*Edit* I've taken a look and that description could also refer to the Tonga GPU of the 380X. It also has 2048 shaders and, while the retail version is limited to a 256-bit memory bus, the actual chip is 384-bit capable (source: PcPer). It's just that AMD decided not to use it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Pemalite said:
Akeos said:
An other leaker

Thats much more powerfull than the Rumored Tegra Tablet thingy was (most where expecting 550-600 Gflop tegra tablet).

Does that Ruby person have any credibility though? why should we believe her over eurogamer ect and those guys saying tegra tablet?

*edited.

JRPGfan said:
Pemalite said:

Thats much more powerfull than the Rumored Tegra Tablet thingy was (most where expecting 550-600 Gflop tegra tablet).

A 7970/280x isnt bad, that would put it around ~900 Gflops.

Does that Ruby person have any credibility though? why should we believe her over eurogamer ect and those guys saying tegra tablet?

The problem with that GPU is that it's old, which means that it can't do certain tasks as efficiently as newer ones, and that it's very power hungry, something that goes against what Nintendo has pursued with all their latest machines.

Oh, and to calculate the Flops, you only have to use this formula: shaders * 2 * clock frequency. In this case, that would put NX's GPU at 2048 * 2 * 880 = 3604480 Flops = 3,604.48 GFlops = 3.60 TFlops.

And I don't know who that Ruby is, but I wouldn't give him/her too much credibility until we see some of the predictions confirmed or proven fake.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Pemalite said:
Akeos said:
An other leaker

How does this stack to the base Xbox One?