By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More NX Hybrid + Two console idea confirmation?(video)

twintail said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

MY SPECULATION: So the NX is going to be a home console that comes with It's own mini pocket game system. The mini pocket game system is not meant to be a full blown handheld that plays the same cartridge, but a mini portable. Say when you buy your NX console game and load it into the NX, the mini portable gets mini games that directly tie into the main console game. Buy playing the mini games on the go you unlock items to be used in the main game. When you get back home and put the mini pocket unit back in the console it automaticaly updates your NX game with new goodies. No Internet required. So you don't just get one game when you buy an NX cartridge, but several. Later on Nintendo can release a powerful portable system that actually uses the same NX cartridge.

ah... cant say that sounds very exciting

But the NX is not aimed at core gamers according to Ubisoft. It's aimed at mobile gamers, and the mini portable part will be exactly what they want.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network

Miyamotoo said:

JustBeingReal said:

See reply in bold.

FYI SuperMetalDave64 has put out a video talking about Boogie's latest blog post.

It seems Boogie's sources aren't verified, but rather they've be right about some of the rumors leaked and he feels they could be legit, just as with the SMD64, Eurogamer, WSJ, IGN and other articles talking about NX leaks people should take all of this with a big grain of salt.

Yes there is reason to think he chosen words poorly because it's very obvious he has hard time explaining whole concept, and fact that people are not sure what exactly he meant also proves that.

That's not an argument, you're not providing any evidence to support your statement, in fact it's just your opinion.

Boogie doesn't have a hard time explaining the concept, he says clearly there's a handheld that plays a form of the game and a console which plays the game, simple.

The only people that are having a hard time with this are those that are trying to link Boogie's statements to tie in with the Eurogamer claims.

No, you cant make home console of PS4 level of power packed with standalone handheld and sell it for $299 with profit.

Actually it's easy with current tech, for example an AMD RX 460 can be bought at retail for only $110 and it packs in better performance than the PS4, Nintendo would pay way less than that for that GPU, likely under half the price.

The RX 460 only has 14CUs, but because it can be clocked much faster than PS4's GPU it can produce much more performance, using a part with a smaller area of die space, that makes for significant savings.

A handheld device using a shrunk down version of that chipset (fewer CUs, like 3 clocked 1100Mhz), designed for a mobile form factor that fits in your pocket would be cheap and processing requirements could be kept low because we're only talking about a device that runs a very small fraction of the bigger console brother in the system.

The handheld would be cheap to produce.

More popular console with bigger instal base will have better sales of games, logical, thats was my point.

This assumes that NX will become more popular right out of the gate, with no evidence to back it up.

It relies on Nintendo making their own software that attracts that audience (something Nintendo haven't done for ages), your basically assuming that NX will be able to do something that even the Wii U couldn't do just because it's supposedly going to sell like hotcakes.

FYI selling to a big install base doesn't guarantee 3rd party games will sell on that platform, having a product that the audience that buys 3rd party titles will be interested in is required, along with games that interest those people and giving everything that the competition offers to pull their attention to this Nintendo system.

There's nothing logical in your assumptions.

I wouldn't put Bogie and SMD with Emily and some other sources, not to mention Eurogamer, WSJ and IGN. Bogie is not know like someone who has sources, he heard something and he talked about it, if got real information from real source we dont know, but apparently he is usually honest. SMD don't have any source, he just posting his opinions, he had real source but lost it when basically post everything (including marketing budget, lol) that was told to him. Emily definitely have some sources, but of course is not true everything she says. Eurogamer, WSJ and IGN have incompatible much better connections and better sources in industry, so they are definitely much more reliable and more serious about those matters than Emily, not to mention Bogie and SMD.

Well Emiy hasn't been known to be anything more than a person that just repackages leaks others already talked about, SMD was apparently approached by Nintendo because the information he originally divulged came from someone legit and he's used logic to make some educated guesses since.

That person that gave Dave information said it was fine for Dave to talk about the information they gave him.

Everytime I've seen people claim Emily is legit and they're asked to provide examples of this legitimacy they provide a source actually came from someone else first. Eurogamer has been wrong about 3DS before, when the system ended up using but Eurogamer acted like Nvidia was the final vendor and they were convinced they would end up being a part of the system, they didn't even talk about the major selling point of the system being 3D from what I understand until others did.

Boogie was acting on information that someone he believes could be legit gave him.

As I posted here earlier Boogie has stated that he was told his info by someone he can't verify, but he has been invited to all manner of gaming events by tonnes of companies, just like other big Youtubers and he would be in a position to find out information from developers if they decided to talk. I'm pretty sure Boogie has loads of friends in the development community.

WSJ and the others all seem to have piggybacked off of the Eurogamer article, they may claim to have their own unique sources, but I didn't see any of them release any articles about the tablet/dock NX design with detachable controllers until Eurogamer talked about it and as I've said in the past Eurogamer aren't a reliable source for this kind of stuff.

Eurogamer knows about analysis, sure they have contacts like any gaming media websites do, but they're still going off of what they're told and such people could be mistaken or be delivering missinformation about NX to keep people talking about the platform for Nintendo and keep people unaware of what it really is.

See reply in bold.

JustBeingReal said:

Miyamotoo said:

Yes there is reason to think he chosen words poorly because it's very obvious he has hard time explaining whole concept, and fact that people are not sure what exactly he meant also proves that.

That's not an argument, you're not providing any evidence to support your statement, in fact it's just your opinion.

Boogie doesn't have a hard time explaining the concept, he says clearly there's a handheld that plays a form of the game and a console which plays the game, simple.

The only people that are having a hard time with this are those that are trying to link Boogie's statements to tie in with the Eurogamer claims.

No, you cant make home console of PS4 level of power packed with standalone handheld and sell it for $299 with profit.

Actually it's easy with current tech, for example an AMD RX 460 can be bought at retail for only $110 and it packs in better performance than the PS4, Nintendo would pay way less than that for that GPU, likely under half the price.

The RX 460 only has 14CUs, but because it can be clocked much faster than PS4's GPU it can produce much more performance, using a part with a smaller area of die space, that makes for significant savings.

A handheld device using a shrunk down version of that chipset (fewer CUs, like 3 clocked 1100Mhz), designed for a mobile form factor that fits in your pocket would be cheap and processing requirements could be kept low because we're only talking about a device that runs a very small fraction of the bigger console brother in the system.

The handheld would be cheap to produce.

More popular console with bigger instal base will have better sales of games, logical, thats was my point.

This assumes that NX will become more popular right out of the gate, with no evidence to back it up.

It relies on Nintendo making their own software that attracts that audience (something Nintendo haven't done for ages), your basically assuming that NX will be able to do something that even the Wii U couldn't do just because it's supposedly going to sell like hotcakes.

FYI selling to a big install base doesn't guarantee 3rd party games will sell on that platform, having a product that the audience that buys 3rd party titles will be interested in is required, along with games that interest those people and giving everything that the competition offers to pull their attention to this Nintendo system.

There's nothing logical in your assumptions.

I wouldn't put Bogie and SMD with Emily and some other sources, not to mention Eurogamer, WSJ and IGN. Bogie is not know like someone who has sources, he heard something and he talked about it, if got real information from real source we dont know, but apparently he is usually honest. SMD don't have any source, he just posting his opinions, he had real source but lost it when basically post everything (including marketing budget, lol) that was told to him. Emily definitely have some sources, but of course is not true everything she says. Eurogamer, WSJ and IGN have incompatible much better connections and better sources in industry, so they are definitely much more reliable and more serious about those matters than Emily, not to mention Bogie and SMD.

Well Emiy hasn't been known to be anything more than a person that just repackages leaks others already talked about, SMD was apparently approached by Nintendo because the information he originally divulged came from someone legit and he's used logic to make some educated guesses since.

That person that gave Dave information said it was fine for Dave to talk about the information they gave him.

Everytime I've seen people claim Emily is legit and they're asked to provide examples of this legitimacy they provide a source actually came from someone else first. Eurogamer has been wrong about 3DS before, when the system ended up using but Eurogamer acted like Nvidia was the final vendor and they were convinced they would end up being a part of the system, they didn't even talk about the major selling point of the system being 3D from what I understand until others did.

Boogie was acting on information that someone he believes could be legit gave him.

As I posted here earlier Boogie has stated that he was told his info by someone he can't verify, but he has been invited to all manner of gaming events by tonnes of companies, just like other big Youtubers and he would be in a position to find out information from developers if they decided to talk. I'm pretty sure Boogie has loads of friends in the development community.

WSJ and the others all seem to have piggybacked off of the Eurogamer article, they may claim to have their own unique sources, but I didn't see any of them release any articles about the tablet/dock NX design with detachable controllers until Eurogamer talked about it and as I've said in the past Eurogamer aren't a reliable source for this kind of stuff.

Eurogamer knows about analysis, sure they have contacts like any gaming media websites do, but they're still going off of what they're told and such people could be mistaken or be delivering missinformation about NX to keep people talking about the platform for Nintendo and keep people unaware of what it really is.

See reply in bold.

"Uh, I dunno how careful I should be with it..." proves he has hard time explaining whole concept.

So you are saying $100 just for GPU!? How that's proves that is possible to make and sell home console and handheld and sell with profit for $299!? That doesn't prove anything. Fact is that we curetnyl have PS4 Slim for $299 and Vita for $199, thats $499.

Yes it assumed that NX will be more popular right of the gate, beacuse Nintendo will not repeat mojority of Wii U mistakes (and beacuse Wii U was bloody mess), for instance we know that just Zelda BotW like launch title is much stronger than any title Wii U had in whole 1st year, also it very likely that NX is a hybrid, that means that is a aiming handheld and home consoles users in same time. Its very logical if you have console with instal base of 50 m and if you have console with console of 20m to expect that same games will sell better on that console with instal base of 50m, just for record I talking about Wii U and NX, not about NX and PS4 or XB1 for instance.

Not exatly, for instance Emily 1st said that NX is not using AMD. Like I wrote, SMD had real source but he losted it very fast, after that he is talking nonsense most of time, he was talking that NX is Polaris based and that will be stronger than PS4, even competing with PS4 Pro, lol.

Fact is that 3DS really had Nvidia based dev kits, so Eurogamer was partially true. But they NX article is confirmed by WSJ, ING, MWC, Emily, Naten Drake and some other sources. Eurogamer could be wrong, but if multiply reliable sources confirm your story and there is nobady that saying that story isnt true (at least not one single realibe insader), than that story is most likely true.

$300 for NX? Nah. Min $400. But that's $250 for a PS4+ level console and $150 for the controller/hh hybrid.

Miyamotoo said:
JustBeingReal said:

See reply in bold.

"Uh, I dunno how careful I should be with it..." proves he has hard time explaining whole concept.

He says that because of people being under None Disclosure Agreements, he actually defines the concept clearly, that's why people are able to quote those points.

So you are saying $100 just for GPU!? How that's proves that is possible to make and sell home console and handheld and sell with profit for $299!? That doesn't prove anything. Fact is that we curetnyl have PS4 Slim for $299 and Vita for $199, thats $499.

That's retail price, which are always marked up substantially for the sales chain to make money when it comes to PC parts, console makers get parts cheaper because they buy in bulk, which would include the handheld component.

A handheld using the same core GPU tech would use a smaller processor, which means the smaller units tech will cost a smaller fraction of that.

Breaking things down it's easy to make what I'm saying for that kind of price and make a profit.

Yes it assumed that NX will be more popular right of the gate, beacuse Nintendo will not repeat mojority of Wii U mistakes (and beacuse Wii U was bloody mess), for instance we know that just Zelda BotW like launch title is much stronger than any title Wii U had in whole 1st year, also it very likely that NX is a hybrid, that means that is a aiming handheld and home consoles users in same time. Its very logical if you have console with instal base of 50 m and if you have console with console of 20m to expect that same games will sell better on that console with instal base of 50m, just for record I talking about Wii U and NX, not about NX and PS4 or XB1 for instance.

Assumption isn't fact, it's a personal belief, nothing more.

A single game doesn't make a whole platform sell tens of millions of units of a system which will appeal to the 3rd party audience.

Better hardware sales doesn't guarantee better 3rd party software sales, Wii is a perfect example of this.

TBH PS4 has a massive lead, will likely be very close to 50 million units sold by the end of the year, if not beyond that figure judging by the sales trend. No it's not logical to think that high hardware sales will end up in the system selling more 3rd party software.

No Nintendo system since the SNES has had the ability to dominate in this area.

Now I'm not saying that NX can't sell more 3rd party software than Wii U, but in comparison to PS4 or XB1 it's highly doubtful that NX will even marginally incroach on the level of sales thos systems get when it comes to 3rd party games, definitely if Nintendo doesn't attempt to appeal to those gamers.

Not exatly, for instance Emily 1st said that NX is not using AMD. Like I wrote, SMD had real source but he losted it very fast, after that he is talking nonsense most of time, he was talking that NX is Polaris based and that will be stronger than PS4, even competing with PS4 Pro, lol.

This is a claim, there's no proof it's legit, what other things has Emily leaked to prove she is legit?

Dave's initial source was still giving him what was likely valid information until they disappeared and it's logical to actually follow that trend until someone real gives contradictory information, but Emily hasn't been proven to be that, she's not a source in of herself and as far as I'm aware the whole "No AMD in NX" came from other places.

AMD have been partners with Nintendo since before they were even AMD, ATI and their predecessors were the same pool of tech developers.

Fact is that 3DS really had Nvidia based dev kits, so Eurogamer was partially true. But they NX article is confirmed by WSJ, ING, MWC, Emily, Naten Drake and some other sources. Eurogamer could be wrong, but if multiply reliable sources confirm your story and there is nobady that saying that story isnt true (at least not one single realibe insader), than that story is most likely true.

It wasn't final though, Eurogamer seemed adament it was and that didn't pan out.

WSJ and co all seem to be piggybacking off of that and there's a history before that of those websites making statements of performance that would be an improvement over PS4 in some part of the system, a core console and handheld component with processing tech as a part of the component with industry leading chips.

AMD are the only vendor within the dedicated gaming console space, so they are industry leaders there, NVidia aren't, they're leaders in the PC space for sure, but not in the console space.

We finally have this Morphus tablet, which is identical to what Eurogamer states they've been told NX is in terms of it's physical look and functionality, the Eurogamer rumor sounds bogus too me and it certainly doesn't move Nintendo's console division forward to gain strength.

The Morphus device hasn't appealed to many, if NX has that layout it will be ridiculed by the community, not because it's a Nintendo device, but really because it's a copy of a poor market performer.

See bold.

Around the Network
JustBeingReal said:
Miyamotoo said:

He says that because of people being under None Disclosure Agreements, he actually defines the concept clearly, that's why people are able to quote those points.

That's retail price, which are always marked up substantially for the sales chain to make money when it comes to PC parts, console makers get parts cheaper because they buy in bulk, which would include the handheld component.

A handheld using the same core GPU tech would use a smaller processor, which means the smaller units tech will cost a smaller fraction of that.

Breaking things down it's easy to make what I'm saying for that kind of price and make a profit.

Assumption isn't fact, it's a personal belief, nothing more.

A single game doesn't make a whole platform sell tens of millions of units of a system which will appeal to the 3rd party audience.

Better hardware sales doesn't guarantee better 3rd party software sales, Wii is a perfect example of this.

TBH PS4 has a massive lead, will likely be very close to 50 million units sold by the end of the year, if not beyond that figure judging by the sales trend. No it's not logical to think that high hardware sales will end up in the system selling more 3rd party software.

No Nintendo system since the SNES has had the ability to dominate in this area.

Now I'm not saying that NX can't sell more 3rd party software than Wii U, but in comparison to PS4 or XB1 it's highly doubtful that NX will even marginally incroach on the level of sales thos systems get when it comes to 3rd party games, definitely if Nintendo doesn't attempt to appeal to those gamers.

This is a claim, there's no proof it's legit, what other things has Emily leaked to prove she is legit?

Dave's initial source was still giving him what was likely valid information until they disappeared and it's logical to actually follow that trend until someone real gives contradictory information, but Emily hasn't been proven to be that, she's not a source in of herself and as far as I'm aware the whole "No AMD in NX" came from other places.

AMD have been partners with Nintendo since before they were even AMD, ATI and their predecessors were the same pool of tech developers.

It wasn't final though, Eurogamer seemed adament it was and that didn't pan out.

WSJ and co all seem to be piggybacking off of that and there's a history before that of those websites making statements of performance that would be an improvement over PS4 in some part of the system, a core console and handheld component with processing tech as a part of the component with industry leading chips.

AMD are the only vendor within the dedicated gaming console space, so they are industry leaders there, NVidia aren't, they're leaders in the PC space for sure, but not in the console space.

We finally have this Morphus tablet, which is identical to what Eurogamer states they've been told NX is in terms of it's physical look and functionality, the Eurogamer rumor sounds bogus too me and it certainly doesn't move Nintendo's console division forward to gain strength.

The Morphus device hasn't appealed to many, if NX has that layout it will be ridiculed by the community, not because it's a Nintendo device, but really because it's a copy of a poor market performer.

See bold.

His statement definitely isn't clear.

Yup, thats why I can buy PS4 Slim and Vita for $299, oh wait..

Its almost certain that Zelda BotW will be NX launch title. I specifically said comparing between two Nintendo platforms for 3rd party sales, not comparing Nintendo platform and PS/MS platform, so you can compare sales of 3rd party games on Wii and GC for instance. Why PS4 has much better sales of 3rd party games than XB1, because twice bigger install base, that's my point. Who talking about dominating in 3rd party sales, lol!? I am just saying NX will have better sales of 3rd party games than worst selling Nintendo console ever (WiiU), because system will be much more popular and bigger instal base.

Emily from time to time give us some true leaks, SMD didn't give us nothing from that leak from one source at beginning of year, he had just one source and he lost it back then, from then he is just saying his opinions that are very often very unrealistic, like NX Polaris based and PS4 Pro killer.

Of Course they piggybacking and that they confirmed Eurogamer when they heard same thing. New Tegra can also be treated like industry leading chip and can easily be used for console space, especially for hybrid.

Morpheus tablet is just one new tablet and rearly who know about it, today you have on hundreds tablets on market, that cant be compared with new Nintendo dedicated gaming device at all.

Akeos said:
Like a VMU of Dreamcast, with 50 to 100 GFLOPS.
But it's not the new concept, NX for home will be connected to internet all the day to form a crowd-network, cloud computing Community for the best streaming gaming système ever... Play all NX games with wifi connection.

@bolded:  That's my thinking too.  Nintendo's SCD idea will be the big thing they bank on with NX.

Miyamotoo said:
JustBeingReal said:

See bold.

His statement definitely isn't clear.

It is, not his fault you have problems understanding English.

Yup, thats why I can buy PS4 Slim and Vita for $299, oh wait..

Do those share the same processing architecture? No they don't, Vita uses older tech that is made in much smaller volume than what would be required for system like I'm writing about, it would drive costs down significantly.

Your example isn't valid because of this fact, making your point moot.

Its almost certain that Zelda BotW will be NX launch title. I specifically said comparing between two Nintendo platforms for 3rd party sales, not comparing Nintendo platform and PS/MS platform, so you can compare sales of 3rd party games on Wii and GC for instance. Why PS4 has much better sales of 3rd party games than XB1, because twice bigger install base, that's my point. Who talking about dominating in 3rd party sales, lol!? I am just saying NX will have better sales of 3rd party games than worst selling Nintendo console ever (WiiU), because system will be much more popular and bigger instal base.

I was pretty sure that's what you wrote a few pages back, if not then my bad, I made a mistake there.

You're wording isn't clearly written, what you put read like you were saying that NX would sell more 3rd party games than PS4 and XB1, so you didn't mean that, fair enough, no need to keep going over that, but it's not a given that BOTW will automatically move masses of units of NX and sell more on that system, considering that many people probably already bought a Wii U to play the game it's not likely Zelda will drive sales on NX and it's also a core Nintendo game, not something that appeals to many that buy 3rd party games.

Nintendo needs to lure people who buy 3rd party to their systems in order to grow where they can and Zelda isn't going to be the game to do that, more likely it would be new IP that are made for that audience, then those people may decide to try other core Nintendo games, but they need fresh reasons to play Nintendo.

Emily from time to time give us some true leaks, SMD didn't give us nothing from that leak from one source at beginning of year, he had just one source and he lost it back then, from then he is just saying his opinions that are very often very unrealistic, like NX Polaris based and PS4 Pro killer.

I've never seen a legit leak from Emily, now if this was someone like Shinobi602 I can at least say he leaked Horizon, Days Gone and if I did further research he's probably released information about a bunch of other games that no one else has talked about before him, but Emily doesn't have that level of prestige, least of all to the point where she's proven she could really know about a completely new dedicated gaming platform.

Dave's information gels with Nintendo's past track record of making hardware as far as the vendor goes and BTW no he didn't say that NX would be a PS4 Pro beater in processing performance, Polaris based yeah, which makes sense given it's affordability and efficiency for console use.

Of Course they piggybacking and that they confirmed Eurogamer when they heard same thing. New Tegra can also be treated like industry leading chip and can easily be used for console space, especially for hybrid.

Piggybacking isn't providing an original leak, what I'm saying is that initial information seems to have come from the same place and it doesn't make any logical sense.

Tegra hasn't been used in the dedicated gaming device space, AMD are the industry leaders there.

Sure Tegra would be good, but Parker doesn't compare to modern consoles graphically, nore is it made for gaming, X1 is old and even less capable and neither of those are able to really run demanding 3rd party games, which Nintendo needs to sell hardware in any kind of meaningful way.

Morpheus tablet is just one new tablet and rearly who know about it, today you have on hundreds tablets on market, that cant be compared with new Nintendo dedicated gaming device at all.

Morphus is visually identical to Eurogamer's diagrams of NX, loads of people know about the Morphus now because of this whole NX comparison and the concept hasn'r resulted in a product that is blowing up in sales, even though it's been demo'ed well by the creators.

Of course Morphus can be compared to what Eurogamer claims NX is, it's an identical layout of hardware, tablet, dockable and it has detachable controllers.

Most likely Eurogamer were told that design is what NX looks like, the source could definitely have made mistakes or just be plain lying about how the system looks and works.

Nvidia haven't even said they're doing any business with a console manufacturer, it would be information that investors would need to know as it's big business, though I guess you're just going to use the argument that it would have to be under NDA, which is nonsense, because that kind of information isn't something that can be held back from the people that effect your companies value.

Nintendo "needs" to do things is becoming like Blackberry "needs" to do things to combat iOS and Android.

At a certain point you've missed the damn bus, for Nintendo when it comes to the audience that plays the big third party multiplat IP, they missed that bus a while ago.

That's just the truth I think. Some people want to believe it's 2001 forever and things always reset and Nintendo has unlimited chances ... no ... they have damaged their brand standing to the point with that audience where only a monumental series of screw ups by Sony and MS from here on would give them even a *chance* (not a guarantee) of attracting that type of audience.

To be honest, Nintendo has never really been great at getting the "I like violent action games and sports games" crowd (which is basically what the "third party market" is that people fawn over). Even during the SNES/Genesis days, Sega made way too much inroads, way too easily, and that was a company that had a tiny fraction of the resources that Nintendo had. Then obviously Sony/MS basically took that entire market away from Nintendo, which isn't stunning seeing as how they have infinitely greater resources than Sega ever did.

Soundwave said:

Nintendo "needs" to do things is becoming like Blackberry "needs" to do things to combat iOS and Android.

At a certain point you've missed the damn bus, for Nintendo when it comes to the audience that plays the big third party multiplat IP, they missed that bus a while ago.

That's just the truth I think. Some people want to believe it's 2001 forever and things always reset and Nintendo has unlimited chances ... no ... they have damaged their brand standing to the point with that audience where only a monumental series of screw ups by Sony and MS from here on would give them even a *chance* (not a guarantee) of attracting that type of audience.

To be honest, Nintendo has never really been great at getting the "I like violent action games and sports games" crowd (which is basically what the "third party market" is that people fawn over). Even during the SNES/Genesis days, Sega made way too much inroads, way too easily, and that was a company that had a tiny fraction of the resources that Nintendo had. Then obviously Sony/MS basically took that entire market away from Nintendo, which isn't stunning seeing as how they have infinitely greater resources than Sega ever did.

Oh snap! You're going to hurt some feelings with that comment. I mostly agree. In the 16 bit era, Nintendo was able to curtail the exodus of the "I like violent action games and sports games" crowd by being forced to release an uncensored MK2. Oh snap! What's messed up to me is that they have, to a large degree, seemingly thrown in the towel on getting that, and other audiences back, long ago. I really don't think it was ever a matter of resources so much as it was a combination of blunders and hubris. Of course, they have made some decisions that have paid off, but the erosion in certan areas may be too much to ever repair.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."