By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More NX Hybrid + Two console idea confirmation?(video)

JEMC said:
JRPGfan said:

Thats much more powerfull than the Rumored Tegra Tablet thingy was (most where expecting 550-600 Gflop tegra tablet).

A 7970/280x isnt bad, that would put it around ~900 Gflops.

Does that Ruby person have any credibility though? why should we believe her over eurogamer ect and those guys saying tegra tablet?

The problem with that GPU is that it's old, which means that it can't do certain tasks as efficiently as newer ones, and that it's very power hungry, something that goes against what Nintendo has pursued with all their latest machines.

Oh, and to calculate the Flops, you only have to use this formula: shaders * 2 * clock frequency. In this case, that would put NX's GPU at 2048 * 2 * 880 = 3604480 Flops = 3,604.48 GFlops = 3.60 TFlops.

And I don't know who that Ruby is, but I wouldn't give him/her too much credibility until we see some of the predictions confirmed or proven fake.

That is Single precision (FP32).

the AMD 7xxx series does FP64 at 1/4th the rate.

So that the number you mean to say, is 901 Gflops (FP64).

Just like the PS4 is 1.84 Teraflops (FP64).

I said about ~900 Gflops... I was off by 1 point.... not sure why you bothered correcting me.

*edit: I think I was wrong.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Pemalite said:

* GPU Clock: 880 MHz 
* TMU's: 128 
* Stream Processors: 2048 
* ROP: 32 
* Memory Bus: 384

It smells like a 4-year old Radeon 7970/280X. Yuck. (They even stated prior it was old tech.)

Highly doubt it based on the memory bus alone.

Better off with something newer, cooler, more efficient and cheaper to manufacture to be honest.

How does this stack to the base Xbox One?

this rumor is 901 Gflops (FP64)

vs

Xbox One Slim 1400 Gflops (FP64)  / PS4 1840 Gflops (FP64).

So its not that far off, also with that 384bit bus it ll probably have more memory bandwidth than the PS4 or XB1.

JRPGfan said:
bunchanumbers said:

How does this stack to the base Xbox One?

this rumor is 901 Gflops (FP64)

vs

Xbox One Slim 1400 Gflops (FP64)  / PS4 1840 Gflops (FP64).

So its not that far off, also with that 384bit bus it ll probably have more memory bandwidth than the PS4 or XB1.

Hopefully this is not true. Tough to want a gen 9 console thats weaker than gen 8 hardware.

JRPGfan said:

I said about ~900 Gflops... I was off by 1 point.... not sure why you bothered correcting me.

PS4 is single precision 1.84 fp32... where did you get fp64 from...everywhere I see is fp32

se7en7thre3 said:
JRPGfan said:

PS4 is single precision 1.84 fp32... where did you get fp64 from...everywhere I see is fp32

The PS4 1.84 number is FP64 (double precision), same with the Xbox One slims 1.4 Tflops.

Maybe Im just wrong? I remember it from the Tegra X1/K1 thread, where we where talking about Flops.

edit:

Because the tegra line had a number higher than the PS4, but in reality it was much weaker, and they where only listing their Single precision number or half?

Okay Im wrong, was mixing up FP32/64 with FP16/32.

So people are saying the NX is now going to be more powerfull than the PS4? almost PS4pro level?

3.6 Tflops... jebus.

If thats meassured the same way as the PS4 & PS4pro's.... Nintendo will be able to do 4k gameing too.

Their artstyle and way of makeing games, with 3.6 Tflops, we will finally see Mario in 4k then.

This is very differnt from the weak tablet hybrid rumor.

But a real home console, that will play Nintendo games in 4k.... sign me up for that NX.

Hope its true and not too expensive then.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

The PS4 1.84 number is FP64 (double precision), same with the Xbox One slims 1.4 Tflops.

Maybe Im just wrong? I remember it from the Tegra X1/K1 thread, where we where talking about Flops.

edit:

Because the tegra line had a number higher than the PS4, but in reality it was much weaker, and they where only listing their Single precision number or half?

Okay Im wrong.

So people are saying the NX is now going to be more powerfull than the PS4?

3.6 Tflops... jebus.

If thats meassured the same way as the PS4 & PS4pro's.... Nintendo might be able to do 4k gameing too.

Their artstyle and way of makeing games, with 3.6 Tflops, we will finally see Mario in 4k then.

The tegra x2 is fp16 (half precision) so when that is touted as 1.5 tflop, it really means half that performance compared to desktop (fp32).  So on equal grounds with home consoles, tx2 is 750 gflops, but then taking into account Nvidia > >> AMD flops, most seem to think it can perform close to XB1 ( i.e. 750 nvidia gflops performs like a 1tfop amd, vs 1.31tf xb1) on lower res. Tegra x2 will be great for the automotive industry (lol).

Of course I'm not buying that tablet hybrid until I see it. Until then I think the first iteration of NX will be  desktop tech (true home console) feauting a mobile component...as boogy first described before "clarifying" (nintenjas got at him?) his statements. With 3DS still having life, I think the true successor and next gen NX HH may come by holiday '17 or spring '18. 

as far as that above rumor, 3.6 tflops there is no way in hell Nintendo would do 28nm for that, too much power consumption AND more expensive.  For soomething that powerful Its 14 nm or nothing...if somehow older amd 28nm desktop tech is used, I'm willing to bet = weaker than xb1.

This would mean Nintendo would have no reason not to have 3rd party.
And better graphics than Xbox One or PS4, with 3rd party.

Really hope this rumor is true then.

JRPGfan said:

Wait so now you're saying its more powerful than PS4 and is close to PS4 Pro?

bunchanumbers said:
JRPGfan said:

We're not saying anything, that's just the theoretical performance of NX based on the rumors spread by this twitter account: https://twitter.com/Rubyvolution.

It's worth enough to waste a couple of posts, but not enough to give it any credibility. At least by now.

By the way, Emily Rogers has interviewed SuperMetalDave64 about NX: https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/10/08/i-asked-youtube-personality-supermetaldave64-why-he-disagrees-with-my-nx-rumors/

And Boogie2988 has used Reddit to clarify what he meant in that conference: https://www.reddit.com/r/boogie2988/comments/5689cc/about_the_nx_rumors_i_discussed_at_retropalooza/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

bunchanumbers said:
JRPGfan said:

Thats what this rumor says if its true.

Close to PS4pro level performance of the GPU.

Imagine if it has a better cpu? more memory bandwidth (it has a 384bit bus).

This could be very close to PS4pro.

And with the way Nintendo makes games, you can basically be sure if this rumor is true it means all nintendo games 4k.

Im hesitant to believe it, it sounds too good to be true. And its very differnt than all those rumors of a hybrid console, tablet.