By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chinese Foxconn sketch artists returns with the NX

Wildcard36qs said:
bunchanumbers said:
I think that after all the rumors there will be no real hype when the thing is actually launched.

It would be so funny if they revealed a standard console lol. Nintendo would be murdered.

I would laugh if out of nowhere they came with a respectable power game that beats PS4 Pro. That would be the most shocking thing ever for me.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Azuren said:
I'm fine with it as long as though don't give Core Gamers the finger again.

Reggie was using the words Red Ocean during E3. This console isn't for you. Or me. Maybe none of us. More than likely Nintendo made this console for Nintendo.

Disgusting. Moving on.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Quick question. Who exactly is this device going to cater to? It's going to be too weak for the hardcore, too expensive (2 cpus and gpus, a screened controller/handheld device, 3 pieces in total) for the casual (not to mention a waste of money forcing people like me extra money to pay for hanheld device components I don't want), ect. This is in whole a highly undesirable product, so I hope Nintendo is smarter than to try and put this out to market.

Looks like the controls of the tablet controller are removable and the screen goes in the front of the console, which would work as a second screen sort of.
I don't see why this couldn't work. What if they are all sold separately? Console (with normal controller) could be $100, SCD $250, tablet controller $150. You could then buy just the console and SCD for $300. You could buy the tablet and SCD for $400. You could also buy all 3 for $500.
This could work for Nintendo, but to include the hardcore gamer, they would have to announce that by x-mas 2017, they will have an upgraded SCD that goes toe to toe with Pro at the very least. I wouldn't be surprised if both the Nvidia and AMD SCD's are sold, one being cheaper, the other more expensive and more powerful. That would solve all of Nintendo's problems right there. They did say way back when they first announced NX, that they were looking to be able to build a system that you constantly want to upgrade in certain ways. With the Pro and "Scorpio" upgrades, as well as the rumors of removable sticks and buttons and face plates, this could be true. It should pull in a lot of third party devs, and would be a great way to keep gamers up to date in the Nintendo ecosystem, and give them personal choices of how they wish to game.
Imagine if Nintendo started selling those backpacks with li-on batteries in them. You could have the SCD and the pack charged, plug the SCD into the pack USB as a power source, and game on the go at the highest quality for extended periods of time.

Wildcard36qs said:
bunchanumbers said:
I think that after all the rumors there will be no real hype when the thing is actually launched.

It would be so funny if they revealed a standard console lol. Nintendo would be murdered.

Nintendo would rather make games for PlayStation systems than make a standard console themselves..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

gamepad with 2 x detactable controllers = 3 parts.
console "power booster" power brick = 4th part.
docking station for the gamepad = 5th part.

This is so weird... looking forwards to seeing this explained better by nintendo, if this sketch is of the real thing.

Hope this is a fake because this NX design looks bad and old imo...

PwerlvlAmy said:
so Ubisoft has been lying about NX so far, about Nintendo learning.

If this confirms Eurogamers reports,then NX is dead in the water

Why would it be dead in the water?  

Also is this definitely a replacement for the 3DS and the Wii U? 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283573&page=13

Apparently fake.

Thread title needs a "confirmed fake" tag, if thats the case then.