By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will sales of the Scorpio take a hit?

JRPGfan said:
barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

449-499$ is my guess (new bigger cpu/gpu inside, 4k blu-ray drive,bigger power unit, bigger cooling unit, bigger box.. ect)

And it ll go up against a 349$ (by then) PS4 pro.

Theres gonna be a 100-150$ differnce in price between the two, when the scorpio launches.

I guess MS will sell Scorpio backspread price.

They know home console above $400 are  not sell well.

From the begining , they don't think make a profit  in console business. 

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
I think the name and price will be deciding factor. If it's got a new name (not Xbox One at all) and comes in at $500 it will do well like the current model.

F it`s called Xbox One something at 500 it won't do so well.

If it's between $400 and $450 it will do well like the original.

If it's called Xbox One something and it's above $500 it will do poorly.

If it's called something new and it's above $500 it will sell better than any Xbox One name bit still not great.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
JRPGfan said:

449-499$ is my guess (new bigger cpu/gpu inside, 4k blu-ray drive,bigger power unit, bigger cooling unit, bigger box.. ect)

And it ll go up against a 349$ (by then) PS4 pro.

Theres gonna be a 100-150$ differnce in price between the two, when the scorpio launches.

Not to mention MS never makes money with their hardware. Even when it comes to the Surface and Lumia lines, those make money because of telecom deals or app downloads rather than hardware sales. 

AsGryffynn said:
Fei-Hung said:
I think the name and price will be deciding factor. If it's got a new name (not Xbox One at all) and comes in at $500 it will do well like the current model.

F it`s called Xbox One something at 500 it won't do so well.

If it's between $400 and $450 it will do well like the original.

If it's called Xbox One something and it's above $500 it will do poorly.

If it's called something new and it's above $500 it will sell better than any Xbox One name bit still not great.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Not to mention MS never makes money with their hardware. Even when it comes to the Surface and Lumia lines, those make money because of telecom deals or app downloads rather than hardware sales. 

Thanks for telling me.

It will be fine and sell alot. I know I am getting one
I also believe it will sell good in Europe and America

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Actually Microsoft made and has made money on the 360 for several years now. The original xbox they never did, the Xbox one they are also making a profit as well. But they will take a hit and lose money on Scorpio for a year or so, then make money after costs go down.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Scorpio will take a sales hit because of the price no doubt, but it should be $499- $599 to display the power potential they are investing in for enthusiasts before next gen. No doubt I am investing this for all of my multiplats. The PS4 Pro failed to impress on two fronts:
1) HDR will be available on all home consoles between the MS and Sony.
2) They failed to prove that this console will keep enthusiasts with consoles (the main objective).

The PS4 is $100 Less than the Pro. All one would have to do is sell the power of one over the other at the holiday season to have the pro sell very well at the expense of the Slimline. This has me questioning whether the Pro was the real console Sony wanted to make, rather than the upgrade they promised to a specific audience.

The price was supposed to pigeonhold the platform in second place status in the first place, by default.

So PS4pro failed to you because they made every PS4 from launch to the Pro able to support HDR? And that the console is failing to keep the enthusiasts? What were you expecting? A console that will play 4k games natively?

They set out to make an upgrade that would release this year and that will cost a certian amount of money. And as it stands for that kinda performance it's still the cheapest box in gaming that can accomplish it. And that's what consoles are all about. Performance:price.

barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

6 teraflops for $399. Stop living in lala land. 

I think Scorpio will be a great succes, bigger than PS4 Pro. It will be a true 4K machine. They will target hardest tryhards with it. Now MS have to publish a good amount of exclusives that will use extra power and get the job done.

KingofTrolls said:
I think Scorpio will be a great succes, bigger than PS4 Pro. It will be a true 4K machine. They will target hardest tryhards with it. Now MS have to publish a good amount of exclusives that will use extra power and get the job done.

Who are these try hards and where are they from?! 

Probably. And I doubt Xbox Scorpio will recover from it.