By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will sales of the Scorpio take a hit?

Reason I ask this is because the console was annopunced a YEAR AND A HALF before the supposed launch window.

With PS4 PRO literally 59 days away and Sony's ability to under cut the price of the PRO $50-100 in a year, do you think the Scorpio will take a hit in sales?

Not claminig i Know the price of the Scorpio, but almost everyone is agree ment that it wont be cheap. 

Around the Network

Probably. I doubt people will actually wait a year for 6 TF when they can have 4.2 TF now, specially with all the extra details the games are gonna have this holiday.

I do think the price will be $450 cause we guessed that the ps4's price was $450-$500 and almost everyone overshot it. But even at that price point, I doubt its gonna matter much since Sony can just lower the price of the Neo.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

I could see them doing this ^

Even if that's sold at a loss I've seen people speculate the ps4 slim makes up a possible loss on the pro to meet that price point and MS could do the same possibly.  Hard to imagine they'd go higher than that price.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is release

Yeah. But manufacturing cost will be around $500 imo.

Oh! I did'nt reply to OT yet.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is release

Yeah. But manufacturing cost will be around $500 imo.

Oh! I did'nt reply to OT yet.

Why would a company take loss on a product that is intended for the "high end user". This don't make sense for me. If they are willing to take a loss, this means that the Scorpio is a next gen Xbox instead of an upgraded version of the Xbox One.

Maybe,maybe not.As long as I as some exclusives,I will pick up one.

It will take a hit. next year would be rough for the XB1. At least rougher than this one. There is a big chance that the wait for the scorpio will stall Xbox One s sales. Especially if the PS4pro keeps making the news. Good or bad press. it's gonna affect the XB1.

And with the scorpio, no matter what price it comes in at, sony will drop their price by $100 to undercut it.

I don't think it'll sell well in Japan, and in Europe.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

I don't think it'll sell well in Japan, and in Europe.

Well, no xbox will sell well in Japan :P. I wonder how it will do in Europe though. If nothing else, U.K should like it.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion