By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will sales of the Scorpio take a hit?

deskpro2k3 said:

I don't think it'll sell well in Japan, and in Europe.

With the exception of the UK, will not.

Around the Network

I can see MS trying to rush the Scorpio trying to keep Sony from lapping them. I think it can do okay, but there's only one factor that's going to be the decider... price. I'm sure MS is well aware of this since they've been spending the whole gen fighting a price war with Sony to keep from being skunked out of the market.

barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

With the so called best resolution and Frame Rate? atleast 600+ if M$ isn't bluffing.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

DannyDesario said:
barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

With the so called best resolution and Frame Rate? atleast 600+ if M$ isn't bluffing.

For 6Tflops? Bs.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

And no chance of there being a Zen CPU in there.

Around the Network

Have you ever thout about why Pro's CPU is Jaguar ?

Intrinsic said:
It will take a hit. next year would be rough for the XB1. At least rougher than this one. There is a big chance that the wait for the scorpio will stall Xbox One s sales. Especially if the PS4pro keeps making the news. Good or bad press. it's gonna affect the XB1.

And with the scorpio, no matter what price it comes in at, sony will drop their price by $100 to undercut it.

Agreed.
But it won't be rough because of hardware announces...
Outside of Halo Wars 2, I'm interested in nothing in next years lineup, that might change as we enter into 2017 though.

Hiku said:

I doubt it, for two reasons. Because Spencer said it's a "premium console" and "It's going to be a premium price".
That to me does not sound like the standard $399.
Also because Eurogamer expect it to cost at least $100 more than the Neo, based on the info we have.

I'm hoping they go with higher priced hardware, the hardware can drop in price later, I want there to be a substantual difference between the Xbox One S and Xbox One Scorpio, even if it is $600.
More bang for your buck if you will.

Intrinsic said:

Going to agree, will likely be Jaguar, Puma or Puma+. It's small, it's cheap, it's low power allowing for more transisters to be spent on the GPU.
It's not like people are using the CPU's Gflop numbers in their comparisons anyway, only the GPU. ;)

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Have you ever thout about why Pro's CPU is Jaguar ?

Most likely to give developers a platform that is as similar as possible to work with as the original Playstation 4.

Jaguar is also a small die, cheap to manufacture, energy efficient, they could have gone with Puma or Puma+, but other than Puma+ there was a transister increase.
And more transisters spent on the CPU, means less spent on the GPU, unless you wish to pay for a higher price.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I think it will do well, I think it will be similar to how the XBox started to do in 2003/2004, even though the PS2 had a big lead, if you were paying attention you started to notice in the West that the XBox brand was gaining momentum and starting to sell on par even outsell the PS2 during certain months and also a lot of the top 10 software sold was on the XBox.

This momentum carried over to the XBox 360.

I think Scorpio will be similar, as this gen goes on, people will notice that it has the best multiplatform games, and if MS is smart they will invest money in making a few console exclusives that are the best looking games.

Pemalite said:
Intrinsic said:
It will take a hit. next year would be rough for the XB1. At least rougher than this one. There is a big chance that the wait for the scorpio will stall Xbox One s sales. Especially if the PS4pro keeps making the news. Good or bad press. it's gonna affect the XB1.

And with the scorpio, no matter what price it comes in at, sony will drop their price by $100 to undercut it.

Agreed.
But it won't be rough because of hardware announces...
Outside of Halo Wars 2, I'm interested in nothing in next years lineup, that might change as we enter into 2017 though.

Intrinsic said:

Going to agree, will likely be Jaguar, Puma or Puma+. It's small, it's cheap, it's low power allowing for more transisters to be spent on the GPU.
It's not like people are using the CPU's Gflop numbers in their comparisons anyway, only the GPU. ;)

I didnt want to say anything about the sparse lineup for next year. Thats why i just focused on hardware. They do have sea of thieves and scaleboind though, and of course Forza. 

And the Zen thing isnt even about how relevant it is. It's that they can't even if they wanted to. AMD announced or said something along the lines of not taking custom orders for Zen till 2018. So not a chance it's even going to find its way in a custom APU next year. 

Soundwave said:
I think it will do well, I think it will be similar to how the XBox started to do in 2003/2004, even though the PS2 had a big lead, if you were paying attention you started to notice in the West that the XBox brand was gaining momentum and starting to sell on par even outsell the PS2 during certain months and also a lot of the top 10 software sold was on the XBox.

This momentum carried over to the XBox 360.

I think Scorpio will be similar, as this gen goes on, people will notice that it has the best multiplatform games, and if MS is smart they will invest money in making a few console exclusives that are the best looking games.

In 2003, the PS2 more than doubled the Xbox sales in the US. In fact, the Gamecube outsold the Xbox in 2003. It came close in 2004 though - PS2 still outsold it by 17%. In 2005, PS2 more than doubled the Xbox sales again.

The Xbox360 only gained marketshare because it had a 1 year headstart and much cheaper than the PS3. The PS3 still outsold it. The Scorpio will have neither the first move advantage nor the price advantage.